UEFA EURO 2024 (Winners: Spain)

Remove this Banner Ad

England win and most would be perfectly fine with the shit football they played for 90% of the tournament.

But given they didn't win, I'm pretty sure most would rather they were braver, more creative, more attacking even if it meant they got knocked out before the final.

England win and most would be perfectly fine with the shit football they played for 90% of the tournament.

But given they didn't win, I'm pretty sure most would rather they were braver, more creative, more attacking even if it meant they got knocked out before the final.
That seems a rather odd way to view it. Each to their own.

You’re right, Everyone stopped caring about how they played the second they beat the Netherlands, and started caring again the second they lost to Spain.

I’m not sure they’d prefer an early exit with better football though. They got that really in Qatar when they took France on and were probably the better team and went out. A QF exit was then a failure.

The fans want Kane to retire but as soon as his replacement has a couple of bad games they’ll call for him back. They want Palmer in but they’ll turn on him as well like they have with Foden.

I think Southgate should move on now and it’s time for a fresh start but I’m not sure fans will be happy once they realise the replacement is likely Potter or Howe. But I guess it ends up back at the first point that none of it will matter if they win something.

Not the way I viewed the Les Bleus campaign.

I felt it would have been a travesty if they went on to win this Euros with negative dull football. That's simply not the French way. Would rather they were knocked out in the second round going all out attack.

Not the way I viewed the Les Bleus campaign.

I felt it would have been a travesty if they went on to win this Euros with negative dull football. That's simply not the French way. Would rather they were knocked out in the second round going all out attack.
Have France stopped producing creative central midfielders?

Have France stopped producing creative central midfielders?

They're more box to box these days due to the modern game. That's fine though with so many attacking options in the front 3. Goals should flow freely. Plus plenty of attacking fullbacks.

Making the final papered over the cracks for England. Despite being runners up, they weren’t the second best side at the tournament, had the easier side of the draw, could have gone out during any knockout game, it took an overhead goal in the dying minute against Slovakia and a lot of luck against Switzerland in extra time otherwise they wouldn’t even be in the conversation.

People saying Southgate needs to step down, sure that may help but he’s not the only reason they didn’t win the tournament. Players are culpable too. Pundits are saying they should have been more attacking as if they were morals to score 3 or 4 goals every game. Maybe if they did attack more, it would have left their defence open to conceding more instead.

Its not all bad news for England. They now get the chance to ply their trade in the B league of the Nations League to get their confidence back.

Unequivocally agree with this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This embodies all of England's issues. Not attacking enough, always looking for safe options. Went back to Pickford who couldn't maintain possession under the press and hoofs it for a goal kick to the opponent.

I mean our veterans team keeper won't ever hoof it unless there's no options at full back for a pass or he has a striker right on top of him.

This embodies all of England's issues. Not attacking enough, always looking for safe options. Went back to Pickford who couldn't maintain possession under the press and hoofs it for a goal kick to the opponent.

You could almost gauge when England were having a shit day when they kept going back to Pickford for a hoof that either went into touch or lost possession. The players in front of him are not used to that with their club sides.

It's probably England's worst position. Notice that none of the top clubs, who rely on a ball playing keeper, have gone in for Pickford. If they appoint a coach with modern tactics maybe Trafford is the answer?

I don’t know about that. He conceded 8 goals in 4 matches. :p
If you are are giving out the Golden Glove (which relies on having a good team defence as well) that's a different thing altogether, But he was clear of everyone in terms of saves, a number of them being crazy ones.

GSmpfQnWwAAfo1P

If you are are giving out the Golden Glove (which relies on having a good team defence as well) that's a different thing all together, But he was clear of everyone in terms of saves, a number of them being crazy ones.

GSmpfQnWwAAfo1P

He was pretty outstanding at the Euros. Made a heap of great saves.

I see the point you guys are making. Unfortunately, the organisers will always go for least goals conceded. Probably not the way to do it though.

Remove this Banner Ad

UEFA EURO 2024 (Winners: Spain)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back