Ugliest (football wise) team in the AFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

Blues2001

Club Legend
Feb 23, 2001
Melbourne, Victoria.
Other Teams
Carlton
Which team do you hate watching the most?

Which team in your opinion plays the ugliest football?

For me I would say either Sydney or Richmond. I saw some of the Sydney v Geelong game earlier in the year and Rodney Eade had basically turned it into a rugby style game.

And when I have seen Richmond play this year they have been awful to watch too.

My own side can play some pretty ugly footy too when we flood back into defence.

Sam Newman reckons Port are far and away the least attractive side to watch, but I myself don't think so.

Who do you nominate? I'm not doing a poll because there's only 10 options.

Yeah, probably Sydney for me too, their style of football isn't generally conducive to good viewing. Nothing against their side, they are a good football team with a couple of exciting players but they'd be the side I'd least like to watch.

On the flipside, the teams I enjoy watching (apart from my own) are Essendon and the Kangaroos.

Geelong, Richmond and Sydney all leave a lot to be desired aesthetically with their football styles.

Sydeny, however, when they are playing well and with confidence can be quite good to watch. A good example was their win over Carlton at the SCG. The problem is that they seem to spend long periods out of form.

Carlton are ugly to watch, because they play "pack" football. Thy love the in and unders. This may look ugly, but it's what they do best, and they win footy games.

Sydney without a doubt....even when they win they look terrible. No one can question their attack on the footy, and I think Rocket is doing a great job with the list he has. But the skill level of a few of the Swans players will be found out come September time IMHO.

And from all reports the Sydney v Fremantle match was without a doubt the worst match of the season, if not the modern era. Even there win over Hawthorn at the G was a ordinary game to watch.

Port for mine. I will watch any game on a Friday night or Sunday arvo in which my team aren't playing - except if it involves Port. Don't know why, if it's the poxy jumpers or some other reason on a sub-conscious level, they just don't invoke any emotion whatsoever in me.

ummmmm thats a hard one i don't know Sydney i guess but i am not sure

Originally posted by Blues2001

when I have seen Richmond play this year they have been awful to watch too.

what Richmond games have you seen this year? were had a few awful games but thats it there been some bad games but i wouldn't call them awful

Geelongin my view are the most boring...how anyone expects to win a game with three loose men in attack is beyond me. How they win games is beyond me. They are boring to watch...even when they play well.

Sydney are just as bad...i cannot stand watching SCG games on television.

Oh dear....

Not in any real order except for one or two

Fremantle
Richmond
West Coast
Adelaide
Geelong,
Sydney
Brisbane
st.Kilda
Nth Meb. ( Kangaroos)

They to me are just blecchhhhh..I cant stand watching them play..

Not because I dont like them, but as someone said before they evoke nothing from me..They even bore me live..I cant get any zeal up against them

The ones I have some passion for are:

Melbourne
Essendon
Collingwood
Carlton
Bull dogs

PA1870

I dislike watching the Western Bulldogs because they play ugly, UGLY football.

I also have not enjoyed watching West Coast or Fremantle this year due to their ineptitude.

Sydney by a mile.

But when hawthorn are playing a bad brand of footy, it can get very, very ugly! :(

The Hitman

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sydney by a country mile, terrible to watch.

Just on the Doggies, i reckon they play a pretty entertaining brand of footy. There midfield is there strength and they try and run the ball. I don't mind watching the dogs at all, except for when they're kicking our ar$e. :(

Re: Re: Ugliest (football wise) team in the AFL?

Originally posted by RichmondEmma
ummmmm thats a hard one i don't know Sydney i guess but i am not sure

Originally posted by Blues2001

when I have seen Richmond play this year they have been awful to watch too.

what Richmond games have you seen this year? were had a few awful games but thats it there been some bad games but i wouldn't call them awful

Richmond v Carlton - the ugliest game of footy this year that I attended.

Richmond v Hawthorn - shocking, just shocking.

Richmond v Collingwood (TV) - Another shocker.

Richmond v Sydney (TV) - This was the ugliest game of footy I have seen this year by a damn mile.

Saw parts of Richmond v St Kilda too and that was a stinker.

But hey, you're winning games so don't worry!

Originally posted by The Hitman
Sydney by a mile.

But when hawthorn are playing a bad brand of footy, it can get very, very ugly! :(

The Hitman

Being a hawks supporter too, I agree. but when they are in a 'burst' of direct football the speed they move the ball is breathtaking.

Sydney, Hawthorn and Geelong are the ugliest in my opinion - they have ugliness actually programmed into their game-plans.

Richmond, Carlton and the Bulldogs can be ugly, but once they get a rhythm they can play an exciting brand football.

At the moment, Adelaide and Brisbane are the most exciting to watch.

The ugliest team to watch would have to be Sydney. Western Bulldogs and Richmond aren't that far behind.
Kangaroos have also been ugly for most of the year. Very Ugly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ugliest (football wise) team in the AFL?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back