FTA-TV Uk cop shows - shadow line, top boy and more

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't really share the enthusiam for Line of Duty. Acting is fine, but the story-line and script is cookie-cutter stuff. It's just about good enough to keep me watching, but not all that, IMO.

Pseudy as this may sound, it's really not in the same league as the Scandi crime shows we've seen on UK TV lately, which have really set the standard.

Thoughts on the finale of LOD?

Kind of a little disappointing tbh, seemingly the whole show turned out to be pointless. The kid was a major part of the series and what, just goes home to his mum? And what was the point of the two officers on the beat? In the whole series and you presume they have to find or do something relevant, and... nothing....

the ending reminded me of inside men

that one more than the others felt like it had at least 10 episodes that could have played out easily

Gates' number was obviously up.

The end reminded me more of Touch of Evil than Inside Men (with regard to the relationship between Arnott and Gates). The caddy thing was a neat touch, though. Tommy getting away with it, with all the taped evidence Gates provided, seemed implausible. At the golf club I thought Gates was just going to wrap a 9-iron around his head.

Terrible ending. Plot holes, introducing new twists, and those laughable documentary style supers. Totally unnecessary. I really enjoyed the first 4 episodes but thought the last one was easily the worst of the 5. The decision by the young cop to let Gates' go and help him was totally out of left field and unbelievable.

the ending reminded me of inside men

that one more than the others felt like it had at least 10 episodes that could have played out easily

Agree, well good show overall - DCI Gates acting was first class. The last episode was perhaps too quick and could have added an extra epiode to develop the plot. Well another enjoyable show from BBC.

Blackout - less potential that LOD, but lets see how it goes.

Thanks for the heads up of the thread Go Hawks. Some good tips in here.

A show worth checking out that I can add is Wallander. ABC screened it recently. Uk produced series set in a small Swedish city. Kenneth Branagh plays a local police inspector. Worth watching just for Branagh's performance.

Blackout ending was a bit weird, quite an open ending. Thoughts guys?

Now onto Line of Duty next.
Not a huge fan of blackout TBH, line of duty supreme 'sun'

A show worth checking out that I can add is Wallander. ABC screened it recently. Uk produced series set in a small Swedish city. Kenneth Branagh plays a local police inspector. Worth watching just for Branagh's performance.

Blame DCI Flight 23 it's all his doing brother

gonna put this in here even though its not a cop show

6 part series, kinda like a political 24 in terms of how it is put together and instead of having an agent you've got an ambassador, i enjoyed it

Jason Isaacs - Awake, Brotherhood and Harry Potter films
Lennie James - our very own Line of Duty

(Log in to remove this ad.)

gonna put this in here even though its not a cop show

6 part series, kinda like a political 24 in terms of how it is put together and instead of having an agent you've got an ambassador, i enjoyed it

Jason Isaacs - Awake, Brotherhood and Harry Potter films
Lennie James - our very own Line of Duty

You finsihed it? It actually on foxtel at the moment, I noticed it after you pointed it out on the other board.

I have the whole series ready to go, will hit it in the next week or so,

yeah basically watched half, then Breaking bad and The Newsroom then the final 3

can't remember the last time i watched anything on FTA :D

Really, the Swedish originals (two different series with different actors playing the parts) are much, much better than the Branagh Wallanders. The Branagh programmes are perfectly decent TV if you haven't seen the originals, but just suffer by comparison.

murder joint enterprise

anyone seen this?

directed by Birger Larsen, who helped create the Danish hit TV series The Killing.

Good Cop episode 1 is out - starring one of my favourites, Warren Brown.

good-cop.JPG

aah saw that on eztv, will grab

watched first 2 episodes of Copper which is a BBC America production, felt like Americans doing BBC stuff :D

watchable

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV Uk cop shows - shadow line, top boy and more

Remove this Banner Ad

Back