Competitions Ultimate Footy 2017 - Banter Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez I'm filthy at the Bulldogs right now ... I had Jordan Roughead in as my ruckmen last week with Ryder having the bye, so in case he got a call up. Fast forward to this week, I didn't get time to change my team before the Thursday night game, but don't worry, Roughead isn't playing anyway, so Ryder as the Emergency will be fine.

Bulldogs make a late change, and Roughead plays a middling game at best. With Ryder in, I'd have won the hitouts, and won the game.

Geez I'm filthy at the Bulldogs right now ... I had Jordan Roughead in as my ruckmen last week with Ryder having the bye, so in case he got a call up. Fast forward to this week, I didn't get time to change my team before the Thursday night game, but don't worry, Roughead isn't playing anyway, so Ryder as the Emergency will be fine.

Bulldogs make a late change, and Roughead plays a middling game at best. With Ryder in, I'd have won the hitouts, and won the game.
I had Shuey a late out yesterday in the last game of the round where I had no C on the bench as I'd exhausted a few loophole options using DPP's.
Stiff as but still just got up!

The frees for and against is a stup category to have. Its pot luck

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Yep I agree. Something you can't select for.
Unless (like my opponent on the wknd) you have Joel Selwood who won 6 frees and is set as Captain!! I lost that category on Thursday night for the whole bloody wknd!

The frees for and against is a stup category to have. Its pot luck

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Unless you draft Duckwood, Rhys Matheson, Toby McLean, etc... and even then.

We have a new leader!
Does the comp continue through the bye rounds lads?
If so, are there any changes to how it operates for the 3 weeks or you still need to field a full side?
Anybody?
Don't have to ignore me just because I'm on top!!

Anybody?
Don't have to ignore me just because I'm on top!!

Don't think there's anything you need to know. The comp goes on, with teams full of holes.

Don't think there's anything you need to know. The comp goes on, with teams full of holes.
Thanks mate.
I just know that in SuperCoach you get the best 18 scores of any players selected on the ground.
Wondered if this had a similar twist.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep I agree. Something you can't select for.
Unless (like my opponent on the wknd) you have Joel Selwood who won 6 frees and is set as Captain!! I lost that category on Thursday night for the whole bloody wknd!
Don't hate me for knowing how the game works :p

I think there is more than just luck to some of the frees categories. E.g. Selwood gets plenty, guys like Puopolo, Mathieson etc. get above average. Can also learn to avoid guys who give plenty away, for example Mumford is a handy ruck but usually gives up 4 or 5 frees against a game. I admit though it is a lot harder to really predict a trend in how a player will go with frees as opposed to disposals or goal kicking or accuracy.

Don't hate me for knowing how the game works :p

I think there is more than just luck to some of the frees categories. E.g. Selwood gets plenty, guys like Puopolo, Mathieson etc. get above average. Can also learn to avoid guys who give plenty away, for example Mumford is a handy ruck but usually gives up 4 or 5 frees against a game. I admit though it is a lot harder to really predict a trend in how a player will go with frees as opposed to disposals or goal kicking or accuracy.
Yeah I agree but I wouldn't think you'd necessarily target a bloke who wins lots of frees or doesn't give many away when drafting

Remove this Banner Ad

Competitions Ultimate Footy 2017 - Banter Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back