Umpires and Assumption

Remove this Banner Ad

summers12

Senior List
May 22, 2012
Wasleys
AFL Club
Adelaide
Why do umpires choose to pay free kicks on assumption based on a result. It really gets my goat when players are accused of high tackles that arent there, throws that were actually hand balls and defenders accused of arm slaps all because the forward drops the ball. Oh and the assumption a defender didnt touch the ball and a goal is called.

That is very bad umpiring and I am a firm beleiver in facts. If you didnt see the incident for ****s sake dont call a free kick. you only get proved wrong and made to look like a twat.

As for touched balls being called goals, the video review is there. If a player stands in the ****ing goal square wanting to kick the ball out because he is in the beleif he touched the ball and you call a goal for ****s sake check the replay. Thats what the replays are there for. ****ING DISPUTES.

The AFL didnt just decide to put it in for shits and giggles. ****ING USE IT!!!!

As for touched balls being called goals, the video review is there. If a player stands in the ******* goal square wanting to kick the ball out because he is in the beleif he touched the ball and you call a goal for ****s sake check the replay. Thats what the replays are there for. ******* DISPUTES.

The AFL didnt just decide to put it in for shits and giggles. ******* USE IT!!!!
Fortunately all players in the AFL are 100% honest when it comes to whether they touched the ball or not. And the technology is 100% foolproof so it all should work and not slow the game down at all.

Why do umpires choose to pay free kicks on assumption based on a result. It really gets my goat when players are accused of high tackles that arent there, throws that were actually hand balls and defenders accused of arm slaps all because the forward drops the ball. Oh and the assumption a defender didnt touch the ball and a goal is called.

That is very bad umpiring and I am a firm beleiver in facts. If you didnt see the incident for ****s sake dont call a free kick. you only get proved wrong and made to look like a twat.

As for touched balls being called goals, the video review is there. If a player stands in the ******* goal square wanting to kick the ball out because he is in the beleif he touched the ball and you call a goal for ****s sake check the replay. Thats what the replays are there for. ******* DISPUTES.

The AFL didnt just decide to put it in for shits and giggles. ******* USE IT!!!!
Doesn't happen!! The Giesch says that Umpires don't guess, and if there's any doubt they don't pay it. surely the Giesch doesn't lie :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Umpires and Assumption

Remove this Banner Ad

Back