Status
Not open for further replies.

Axl the great

Premiership Player
Sep 14, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Tonights game was decided by one thing, shithouse umpiring!!! this is not an excuse or deflection, any person with a half decent knowlege of footy could see we were totally screwed over in the 50/50 decisions, Turtle Selwood is a cheat and a blight on the game and i dont know how he sleeps at night, a dog of the purest form.
All in all we didnt play at 100% and i can handle us being beaten fair and square but those ******ts masquarading as umpires screwed us royaly and that was the difference.

apart from the treatment of dawes, the only issue i have overall was the horrendous advantage call back when he said play had stopped but the ball fell straight into pendles hands and he kicked the goal to put us in front
the play hadn't stopped, only geelong did at that point

I don't blame the umpires, however the Geelong players are disgusting, never seen more ducking, diving and knee buckling.

Tonights game was decided by one thing, shithouse umpiring!!! this is not an excuse or deflection, any person with a half decent knowlege of footy could see we were totally screwed over in the 50/50 decisions, Turtle Selwood is a cheat and a blight on the game and i dont know how he sleeps at night, a dog of the purest form.
All in all we didnt play at 100% and i can handle us being beaten fair and square but those ******ts masquarading as umpires screwed us royaly and that was the difference.

Right on cue. You should check out the number of scoring shots for each team.

You have a great side. Occasionally another team will play well enough to beat you.

Seriously what the FFFFFF wAs with the final decision that didn't pay advantage that would have seen us win by 3 points? Also duckwood is in fine form as was that LOVELY knee buckle by Jimmy that fortunately was not paid. I hated watching the umpiring today but I respect geelong is on their game. What i don't respect is compared to our team they looked like a bunch of rampant cheaters.

Can we re-name this week "Geelong Umpire Appreciation Week"?

I cannot believe the treatment Dawes got, but not just that - pendles got stung for holding the ball with absolutely no prior opportunity, but we saw "gee-how-long can the umpires keep playing for us" players in exactly the same circumstance and we get nothing.

And when your former captain has to defend why his team gets so many free kicks, then you know there's something wrong.

My favorite was the free Bartel got for a hold against Davis when he was holding Davis' hand to con the ump.

**** Geelong. They couldn't make the most of their opportunities. It's a vital part of the game and it should have cost them, but thanks to the ump deciding to disallow Pendles' goal we lose.

Right on cue. You should check out the number of scoring shots for each team.

You have a great side. Occasionally another team will play well enough to beat you.
Scoring shots dont mean jack buddy!!!! they could have put us away but didnt,we copped a shocking run all night and that last one with Pendles was the last straw!!!!!!!1

The play was continuos, Pendles took the advantage within 2 seconds of the whistle and kicked the goal, so ur argument is .......?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dear Collingwood,
You guys were lucky you didn't get beaten by 40 points, due to the terrible bias umpiring towards Collingwood.
Regards,

This is hilarious.

Let me remind you of what Collingwood supporters told us after round 19 last year.

We missed a heap of easy shots tonight, we kept you in the game. Don't count on that happening next time.

We were the better team, more so than the scoreboard suggests. Suck it up and get over it. At least none of your goals were disallowed.

Geelong deserved to win. True.

They were heavily favoured by umpiring decisions all night. True.

The two are not mutually exclusive. Geelong deserved their win, but were helped along a fair bit by the umpiring. In September when the umps put the whistles away they're going to find it very tough going when they can't play for frees and get them nearly as easily.

This is hilarious.

Let me remind you of what Collingwood supporters told us after round 19 last year.

We missed a heap of easy shots tonight, we kept you in the game. Don't count on that happening next time.

We were the better team, more so than the scoreboard suggests. Suck it up and get over it. At least none of your goals were disallowed.

How gracious of you.

Geelong deserved to win. True.

They were heavily favoured by umpiring decisions all night. True.

The two are not mutually exclusive. Geelong deserved their win, but were helped along a fair bit by the umpiring. In September when the umps put the whistles away they're going to find it very tough going when they can't play for frees and get them nearly as easily.
If you are helped by umpiring, and the result is 3 pts it is mutually exlclusive mate. They cost us the win tonight no doubt.

One decision I feel was wrong the advantage rule. But that has being stuffed up all year. You can't win free kicks being 2nd to the ball constantly. Just outplayed sorry to say.

Yes one of the best teams in the comp at the moment but you lost a game. Suck it up take it like men or just walk away from the game.

But it's always different when the shoe is on the other foot isn't it?

You can't win free kicks being 2nd to the ball constantly. Just outplayed sorry to say.

i have noticed this all season, only ball and thomas want to be first for the ball, pies other players have been happy to sit at the back of packs to get cheap kicks.

no wonder they lose the free kick counts consistently cause other teams have been hungrier for the ball.

And the 50m in the third qrt (goal) was any different to one denied earlier in the game, urrm no, 1 free goal very influential, me think you guys should suck it up, we beat you all over the ground tonight. Boo HOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back