Umpiring

Are they?

• Yes

Votes: 52 49.5%
  • No

Votes: 17 16.2%
  • They will until this group has officially been broken, Hardwick aint Coach and Gale isn't CEO

Votes: 36 34.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

And so it begins, 2 years after RFC supporters pointed it out. This is what happens when you favour some teams over others and have more grey areas in the rules than a retirement village.

Screenshot 2024-06-18 075459.png
They could start by replacing the incompetent Laura Kane and ump boss McBurney. Both ridiculously inept. While we're at it may as well sack the useless sack MRP boss Christian. His decisions are baffling at best.

Not sure about McBurney but 2 of those 3 are Collingwood supporters. Just wow.

I wonder what the repercussions would be if a man fat shamed a women in the media like that?
I watch the show...Molloy starts the attack with free kick stats, she gives him an ump uniform to wear.

"Mick, Have a go at it yourself. See how easy it is"

heck knows if anybody at AFL house analyses the trend in free kick stats to RFC.

And so it begins, 2 years after RFC supporters pointed it out. This is what happens when you favour some teams over others and have more grey areas in the rules than a retirement village.

View attachment 2023014
They could start by replacing the incompetent Laura Kane and ump boss McBurney. Both ridiculously inept. While we're at it may as well sack the useless sack MRP boss Christian. His decisions are baffling at best.

The game is terrible ... the umpiring is clearly biased by just looking at the statistics ... I used to go to a couple of games a weekend ... now I don't even watch other games on the TV ... I haven't traveled interstate this year and didn't go to the Dreamtime ... I watched these Richmond games on the TV this year ... after Dusty's 300 ... no real interest in going or watching tbh and that has nothing to do with how we are travelling

My protest will be to not attend the Richmond away games at the MCG ... let's all not go to the Hawthorn return game ... crowd will go from 92K to 22K ... that would be a statement

View attachment 2023014

First thing they can do is get rid of the stand rule, kick in rule, ruck rule, 6-6-6 and i can guarantee the game will be instantly better and better umpired.

All the discussion about the non 50 call and this one has gone under the radar

What a ****ing howler

Would love to hear Laura Kane's spin on this one - could not believe when it happened.
Suspect ump. got carried away with Collingwood players skill and bravery to play on and quickly clear the ball out of their defensive pocket - was marvelling at their dare - until he realised, oh - hang on a minute - I think I actually gave the free to norf - I'm just so used to giving it to pies.

Funny that Pies players just assumed it was going to be their free and played on for 100 meters - they are now so conditioned to getting things flowing their way they take it as given.

Thankfully norf kicked the goal from deep in the pocket because it should have been yet another 50.

She telegraphed the type of person she is when she fat shamed Molloy
Agreed. She is the typical DEI Hire that has no clue about the game or it's framework but is employed as she ticks some of those very special boxes that have nothing to do with the job. Now it is abundantly clear one of those boxes is to look after Colonwood on gameday - especially the Daicos brothers.

The bias to certain clubs, and against others is so blatantly obvious and cannot be hidden by the media for much longer. Can't wait for the club and AFL surveys to come out....

All the discussion about the non 50 call and this one has gone under the radar

What a ****ing howler

Could you imagine if that had been swept down the ground for a goal to the pies, how the hell did that umpire do that. That was the person in the stands talking to those umpires telling them they ****ed up or else that would've been play on.

The game is terrible ... the umpiring is clearly biased by just looking at the statistics ... I used to go to a couple of games a weekend ... now I don't even watch other games on the TV ... I haven't traveled interstate this year and didn't go to the Dreamtime ... I watched these Richmond games on the TV this year ... after Dusty's 300 ... no real interest in going or watching tbh and that has nothing to do with how we are travelling

My protest will be to not attend the Richmond away games at the MCG ... let's all not go to the Hawthorn return game ... crowd will go from 92K to 22K ... that would be a statement

Same here. I have not missed a Dreamtime game or ANZAC Eve. This year, none of us went. 12 reserve seats empty. We turned up for Dusty's 300th because we wanted to pay tribute to him. We stopped going after the Port home game and that 4 free kicks from full back that ended up in a goal. Not one of those chain of frees was legit. Won't be going to any other home games this year until the club makes a stand against the corruption going on with the umpires.

The club will wake up soon, as the 92,000 was for Dusty - not the club or the game. Empty seats everywhere for the Carlton game in two weeks and the club won't care as they will resell the seats of the members (to the General public ie Carton supporters) who will lease back to the club as they won't go. There will be tons of Carlton supporters in the RFC members which would make it further unbearable to go...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same here. I have not missed a Dreamtime game or ANZAC Eve. This year, none of us went. 12 reserve seats empty. We turned up for Dusty's 300th because we wanted to pay tribute to him. We stopped going after the Port home game and that 4 free kicks from full back that ended up in a goal. Not one of those chain of frees was legit. Won't be going to any other home games this year until the club makes a stand against the corruption going on with the umpires.

The club will wake up soon, as the 92,000 was for Dusty - not the club or the game. Empty seats everywhere for the Carlton game in two weeks and the club won't care as they will resell the seats of the members (to the General public ie Carton supporters) who will lease back to the club as they won't go. There will be tons of Carlton supporters in the RFC members which would make it further unbearable to go...
We need more to make a Stand against this ...

Let's all stand against corruption ...
Zero Crowd for Hawks on Sunday August 18th

View attachment 2023014

We are one betting scandal away from absolute chaos in the AFL.

If there have been huge bets placed during games and then umpire bias during the same game, then the house of cards falls down.

I'm almost hoping it will come out.

I've also noticed that sometimes second half umpiring has heavenly favored one team, they would be the games I would see the betting numbers.

**** the campaigner AFL and ALL the sycophants in the media.

I couldn't agree more.

That has always been a 50m (or whatever the penalty maybe at the time) since time began.

I'm going to choose my words carefully too because full disclosure, I was raised by my Nan and my mum who had me at 16. I've been married twice to two amazing, intelligent and very strong women, I have a daughter and three grandaughters whom I cherish and am ridiculously proud of. I am a loud advocate for equality. Sexual equality. I have loved the advent and pushed growth of AFLW - the one thing I'd give Gil kudos for.

In short my life has been in and around women and about women and I have a very guarded attitude towards most men and their motives. So this is not about Laura Kane or the fact she is a woman for me. I'd really hope people don't make it about her being a woman. Be better than that. Evolve FFS. Trust me it will make you a happier person.

However Laura is the spokesperson for the AFL and there is so much now that is just wrong. I'm happy for footy to evolve in some ways if it has to to remain relevant and interesting and fun and exciting. But keep the game simple and provide reward for effort. The game was built on those things.

If you screw with that then expect the fans to pile on you and push back because you crossed the line. The worst thing is that you don't even know that you have because whilst the line is obvious (see the post I'm responding to by MetoricRise) to us it is completely invisible to you in at AFL house.

That's the problem.
It's got nothing to do with her being a woman. Brad Scott was a ****ing imbecile who was out of his depth as well but at least he didn't come out and piss on our backs and tell us its raining.

First thing they can do is get rid of the stand rule, kick in rule, ruck rule, 6-6-6 and i can guarantee the game will be instantly better and better umpired.
What is the ruck rule? Nominating? It looks childish but works, stopping the third man up. They could do away with it though and just make the rule that only one player per team can contest a ball up/throw in.

What is the ruck rule? Nominating? It looks childish but works, stopping the third man up. They could do away with it though and just make the rule that only one player per team can contest a ball up/throw in.
It's the waiting by the umpires and the boundary umpire till the two rucks turn up to the contest, just throw it up and in and get it moving, the waiting causes congestion. This is what i mean by it TBH

Please stop with these complaints against the third man up rule. It's been explained a million times.

It's actually one of the really good rules, at least for those of us that remember how pathetic it was beforehand, when campaigners like Dangerfield would deliberately crash into an oppo player in guise of contesting the ball up and be given an automatic free kick for being "impeded".

As if he was genuinely taking the ruck contest.

The STAND rule. Whan an ornament to the game it has become. What a richer, more fulfilling spectacle the game is for the STAND rule. Perhaps the cleverest, most creative and wonderful rule the AFL have foisted on the competition in history.

Said nobody ever. EVER. NOBODY.
Complete BS explanation by the umpires dept. Treating supporters like fools. Total incompetence. Appointees out of their depth badly exposed, and then come up with a defence of the decision.

Please stop with these complaints against the third man up rule. It's been explained a million times.

It's actually one of the really good rules, at least for those of us that remember how pathetic it was beforehand, when campaigners like Dangerfield would deliberately crash into an oppo player in guise of contesting the ball up and be given an automatic free kick for being "impeded".

As if he was genuinely taking the ruck contest.
Sorry but don't think you read my post properly!
I said it is good they stopped it, one of the things they got right with the rule changes. That and scrapping the rule that if a ruckman can't grab the ball out if the ruck unless he immediately disposes of it.
The role of the ruck was being killed with the taking it out of the ruck and third man up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Umpiring

Back