unconfirmed rumor: Nathan Ablett to retire?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Nathan Ablett to retire?

Question. How many rumours have we heard over the years regarding Geelong and turn out to be completly false. We're all suckers to the media. I can't stand it when people read something or hear something on the radio and all of a sudden think it could be one ounce true.... This is typical post season bull shite.

TBH i wouldnt be surprised if it is true, and if it is, all the best to Nathan Ablett, i dont htink he has quite fitted into wat it takes to be an AFL player ( i dont mean skill etc.) just that he was reluctant to start with and he just seems to lack that factor that u need to stay here for too long, because he is young and raw the cats ahev persisted with him but there has to come a point when they wont accept him just cause of his surname, which im 100% sure he woudlnt want them to either.

I hope doesnt retire and has a grand career, but realistically it may not happen. Either way, he has to do wat is best for him. Good luck to him

must be the same rumour source that said he would be dumped for gf
same source that said his bro wouldnt play in the prelim

and the same source that said thomson would be coaching the dons, and that they needed to sack sheedy so they would be in a position to select the best available coach

and by the way he enjoys the media, and sources are saying he enjoys media work

crapola crapola crapola

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizzo
Massive rumor flowing around that Nathan Ablett is set to announce his retirement. Obviously its pretty extraordinary. Lets hope its not true!

When is this forum going to leave N Ablett alone. He is a young player with not a lot of experience walking around with a Premiership Medal around his neck after he made a pretty big contribution on Grand Final day. As well as doing some pretty handy things during the year, which he gets no credit for.
I sometimes wonder how this forum would survive if some people didn't have N Ablett to put down (Wrongly) & B Prisnall to pump up (Jury's out?)

i've heard this rumour from a workmate of mine, and readily dismissed it. lol. i mean, his best footy years are ahead of him - any rational person wouldn't walk away so easily, i'd say...

must be the same rumour source that said he would be dumped for gf
same source that said his bro wouldnt play in the prelim

and the same source that said thomson would be coaching the dons, and that they needed to sack sheedy so they would be in a position to select the best available coach

and by the way he enjoys the media, and sources are saying he enjoys media work

crapola crapola crapola
My understanding is that he finds the media "amusing". Good for him!

This is a bit like when Gary jnr did his knee either last preseason or the one before and gfc.com.au actually had to release a statement saying it was BS. In all honesty, lets just not type evrything we hear.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually think Nathan Speaks pretty well in front of the camera on the few rare occasions he has. He is better then Gary jrn and Jimmy Brownlow anyway. I hope we get to see a foward line with Hawkins Mooney and Ablett in it alot next season would be close to unstoppable.

Why because it can have some substence to it. He was never keen on playing senior football, doesn't like the media and now has reached the pinicle by getting a premiership. The story has some merit even if it was fabricated. besides other people might have heard the same rumor. Its been on radio in melbourne today as well..

Anything that is fabricated has limited merit...like Australian Idol for instance.

regards,

REB

Why does anybody even reply to such a ridiculous thread?

It's started by somebody whose bored and desperate to create a thread people will reply too.

Fair dinkum.

Why does anybody even reply to such a ridiculous thread?

It's started by somebody whose bored and desperate to create a thread people will reply too.

Fair dinkum.

How about you see the replies. People heard the same thing... idiot.

Actually, most of them seem to think its rubbish.

And please don't resort to personal insults.

And where did i say any of it was FACT? The fact i have a question mark in the topic title would hint i'm asking a question.

The rumor i heard was he was off to join the ministry.

I remember when they were saying this sort of stuff about his father. "Gary Ablett is looking to become a priest blahh, blahh, blahh". When in reality he was doing a introductory bible course.

Actually, most of them seem to think its rubbish.

And please don't resort to personal insults.
You've missed the point.

This was reported on two radio stations. Rizzo heard about it and posted it - as anyone here would. While we all, including rizzo, would admit it probably is rubbish, the fact it has been reported as a rumour would justify its appearance on a football discussion forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back