Underated Players From Your Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Except less than Heath Shaw

If you take out the one game this year that Fisher did his hammy (went off 5 minutes into the first quarter with 3 disposals), then Fisher has a higher average. Fisher also averages 3 more marks per game.

Fisher - 21.27
Shaw - 20.1

And I would also put down Fisher as St Kilda's most under rated player. In our top 5 easily.

If you take out the one game this year that Fisher did his hammy (went off 5 minutes into the first quarter with 3 disposals), then Fisher has a higher average. Fisher also averages 3 more marks per game.

Fisher - 21.27
Shaw - 20.1

And I would also put down Fisher as St Kilda's most under rated player. In our top 5 easily.

and we all know that possessions mean everything as a defender...:rolleyes:

I would say Milburn but everytime I watch a Geelong game the commentators always go on about how underrated he is - he can't be that underrated if everyone thinks he is underrated.

Egan and Rooke, definetly. And Bartel before this year.

Fisher - 21.27
Shaw - 20.1

And if you take out the Freo game where Shaw also went off very early with 3 disposals, then Shaw averages more than Fisher.

Not that it matters, but it'd be nice if people checked some facts before making stupid claims.

Adelaide - Scott Thompson and Ben Hudson
Brisbane - Scott Harding and Jared Brennan
Carlton - Kade Simpson and Brad Fisher
Collingwood - Shane O Bree and Paul Licuria
Essendon - Brent Stanton, Jason Winderlich, Damien Peverill
Fremantle - Ryan Crowley and Brett Peake
Geelong - David Wojincski and Paul Chapman
Hawthorn - Brad Sewell and Tim Boyle
Kangaroos - Jess Sinclair and Hamish McIntosh
Melbourne - James McDonald and Nathan Jones
Port Adel - Steven Salopek and Josh Mahoney
Richmond - Nathan Foley and Adam Pattison
St.Kilda - Jason Gram, Leigh Fisher and Sam Fisher
Sydney - Amon Buchanan and Ryan O'Keefe
West Coast - Matt Rosa and Mark LeCras
Western Bulldogs - Shaun Higgins and Matthew Boyd

I think Licuria is overrated. His disposal is terrible. Good in and under player, loads of heart, but these days he isn't up to it.

IMO Presti is underrated, as is Rhyce Shaw.

Scott Burns has been underrated his entire career outside of Collingwood. Been one of out best for a long, long time.

And I don't think it's possible for AA to be underrated with the exception perhaps of James McDonald.

And if you take out the Freo game where Shaw also went off very early with 3 disposals, then Shaw averages more than Fisher.

Yep, Shaw 21.38, Fisher 21.27.

And to all you idiots who think I am bagging Shaw or deciding who is a better defender by disposal count...just bloody think before you post. The only people who would seriously believe that are Parrot and some of the more moronic WC and Freo trolls.

Mine is more a list of players who are undervalued.

Most of them by their own clubs.

Adelaide - Brent Reilly
Brisbane - Jason Roe
Carlton - Luke Blackwell
Collingwood - Ben Davies
Essendon - Henry Slattery
Fremantle - Steven Dodd
Geelong - Charlie Gardiner
Hawthorn - Stephan Gilham
Kangaroos - Eddie Sansbury
Melbourne - Daniel Bell
Port Adelaide - Troy Chaplin
Richmond - Brent Hartigan
St. Kilda - whole team is overrated.
Sydney - Tim Schmidt
West Coast - Ben McKinley

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mine is more a list of players who are undervalued.

Most of them by their own clubs.

Adelaide - Brent Reilly
Brisbane - Jason Roe
Carlton - Luke Blackwell
Collingwood - Ben Davies
Essendon - Henry Slattery
Fremantle - Steven Dodd
Geelong - Charlie Gardiner
Hawthorn - Stephan Gilham
Kangaroos - Eddie Sansbury
Melbourne - Daniel Bell
Port Adelaide - Troy Chaplin
Richmond - Brent Hartigan
St. Kilda - whole team is overrated.
Sydney - Tim Schmidt
West Coast - Ben McKinley

watch the saints fans take that bait..

For mine, Birchall (Hawks) and S. Fisher (Saints) probably fly under the radar of most football followers and commentators which would make them 'underrated'. And to be honest, I dont think Gardiner (Gee) is much good and by looking through the geelong pages, im not the only one thinking that.

Who the HECK is ben mckinley? I guess that proves he's underrated by me at least
EFC's most underrated would have to be Davey. Makes a massive difference to the side when he's in, and close to our fastest, with Winderlich, Lovett, and Dempsey

Adelaide: Edwards, Reilly
Brisbane: Bradshaw
Carlton: Stevens
Collingwood: Presti, Burns
Essendon: Hille
Fremantle: Hayden, Parker
Geelong: Corey
Hawthorn: Croad
North: Firritto, D Harris
Melbourne: Whelan, Macdonald
Port Power: Mark Williams
Richmond: Pettifer
StKilda: Sam Fisher
Sydney: Fosdike
West Coast: Seaby
Western Whippetts: Hahn, Hargreave

Who the HECK is ben mckinley? I guess that proves he's underrated by me at least
EFC's most underrated would have to be Davey. Makes a massive difference to the side when he's in, and close to our fastest, with Winderlich, Lovett, and Dempsey

McKinley makes his debut for West Coast this weekend. Guess it's silly of me to include players yet to debut in an underrated list :)

Nathan Lovett-Murray.

You've got to love the guy but he isn't underated, last year he was but not this year.

From Freo:
Hayden: Thrashes whoever he plays on and Creates run off half back help from his silky skills
Grover: He always gets the best strong one on one style foward and never gets beaten.
Dodd: Tags the mobile fowards has only been beaten by Okeaf.

My club - Jordan Lewis. This guy is the fogotten hero of the 2004 draft. He was taken at pick 7 behind Roughead and Franklin but over his short career he has been better and more consistent than either of those. This year he is in the top ten in the league for disposals - not bad for a kid in his third year of AFL footy.

Other clubs - Heath Shaw. I know this guy is slowly earning a rating now but he is a ripper. The general of the backline, usually hits his targets, reads the play well and has plenty of time with the footy.

Joel Corey, spot on. And I thought you were just another f*ckin d*psh*t from Sydney, seems like you know your stuff.

Well except for the Croad call.

From collingwood I would say Dane swan. Not just by supporters but by opposition coaches. He racks them up week in week out and gets paid no respect. I suspect its because he used to butcher the ball but now he uses it quite well. Would be close to AA form at the moment(lost of competition though) and they still let him go where they want. If I was coaching agsint collingwood he is the first bloke I would tag.

Remove this Banner Ad

Underated Players From Your Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back