Underated Players From Your Team

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought a Geelong supporter would be the last person to question Davis after the bath he gave you guys last year.

http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/players/L/Leon_Davis.html

Takes more than one game to make a player. Great that week, there can be no doubt but not hard for a livewire forward to play well in an absolute belting of an opponent, doesn't mean Essendon supporters would accept that McGough is a player.

Goes missing too often, doesnt kick enough goals, and is not underrated. Considered dangerous but that is all

Mine is more a list of players who are undervalued.

Most of them by their own clubs.

Adelaide - Brent Reilly
Brisbane - Jason Roe
Carlton - Luke Blackwell
Collingwood - Ben Davies
Essendon - Henry Slattery
Fremantle - Steven Dodd
Geelong - Charlie Gardiner
Hawthorn - Stephan Gilham
Kangaroos - Eddie Sansbury
Melbourne - Daniel Bell
Port Adelaide - Troy Chaplin
Richmond - Brent Hartigan
St. Kilda - whole team is overrated.
Sydney - Tim Schmidt
West Coast - Ben McKinley

Lol, Sansbury underated :rolleyes:, when he makes the side, we lose alot. He is a terrible player. Also, how can McKinley be underated? he hasnt played yet. Charlie Gardiner is in the top 10 worst players in the league, Geelong are so much better without him. Ben Davies struggles to get a game, not very underated.

Ade: Edwards- Great player for a long time
Bris: Charman- Quality ruckman in the league
Car: B. Fisher- Great hands on the lead
Coll: Clement- Great defender
Ess: Watson- Good player, often underated because of his shocking kick
Fre: Grover- Solid defender each game
Haw: Ladson- Would've been Sewell before but Ladson creates alot of run for the Hawks.
Gee: Egan- Very good defender, close to AA CHB this year.
Kang: Harris- Very good in and under player, when he plays well we usually win.
Melb: Mclean- Rated a bit but i rate him very highly, will be very good one day.
Port: Cassisi- Good tagger and can find it himself.
Rich: Petitfer- I think he is a good forward and always kicks his 2-3 a game.
Syd: Okeefe- Star of the game, doesnt get his recognition though.
Stk: Gram- Has been injured and everyone has forgotten his importance to the saints.
Bull: Morris- Very good defender
Eag: B Jones- Similar to Morris exept sets up a bit more play.

Your thoughts?

Good list.

Ladson is underrated. Very creative, skillful and consistent.
He has received no recognition at all, to date.

O'Keefe is rated highly, but I can't think of an underrated Swan. In recent years, most of them have received their overdue recognition.

Maybe Ashley Hansen for the Eagles. Most people dismiss him as an average footballer, but I think the Eagles have missed him. He is a big unit who presents well and always kicks a couple of goals.

Gram is a good half back, but I reckon he's been given his dues. Going on the amount he gets bagged, I would say Stephen Milne is underrated by many people. He is a clever footballer, who creates a lot of chances and gives the Saints some spark. Also Sam Fisher in defence. Good footballer.

McLean isn't underrated. If anything he's overrated. He's great young footballer who gets overrated by Melbourne fans because of their lack of champions.

Similar story with James Clement. He's a great defender who has received more than his fair share of recognition because the Pies have been average in the last few seasons. I reckon Fraser and O'Bree are underrated. They've been pretty solid but don't get much credit.

Tyson Edwards is the one, though. I've always thought he was a gun. He's played his whole career in the shadow of Ricciuto, McLeod and Goodwin. Ultra consistent professional.

Courageous young defenders need more than that to suceed as the Maxwell fan club have always said, except when it comes to their favourite player

Cant beat an opponent 1 on 1, is a very poor kick, he plays loose man in defence and most Collingwood fans seem to think he is a god and abuse anyone who ever criticises him for anything and never, ever admit he played a bad game

Underrated is not a word for a player who is treated like a god by most fans

Courageous young defenders need more than that to suceed as the Maxwell fan club have always said, except when it comes to their favourite player

Cant beat an opponent 1 on 1, is a very poor kick, he plays loose man in defence and most Collingwood fans seem to think he is a god and abuse anyone who ever criticises him for anything and never, ever admit he played a bad game

Underrated is not a word for a player who is treated like a god by most fans
We musn't be watching the same games then.

http://stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/players/L/Leon_Davis.html

Takes more than one game to make a player. Great that week, there can be no doubt but not hard for a livewire forward to play well in an absolute belting of an opponent, doesn't mean Essendon supporters would accept that McGough is a player.

Goes missing too often, doesnt kick enough goals, and is not underrated. Considered dangerous but that is all

The football world at large has ignored his improvement in the last 2 seasons, I'm not saying he's a gun, but he is a good player, and people think he is a dud.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Underated Players From Your Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back