FFC + BBFC = BBFFC

All Australian
Jun 29, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Wolverhampton Wanderers
This player who I wont name, has been training at a TAC club this preseason, after finally making the conversion from his chances as an elite hockey player to consentrate solely on football. Previously, with hockey consuming his sporting life, this player has not followed in the footsteps of other players attempting to reach the elite level (i.e playing representative football through the ages, or any for the previous 3 years). His Raw talent is undeniable and will give the TAC a huge shake given his oppurtunities.

His Stats Read:

Height: approximately 195cm
Weight: approximately 80kg, (needs to stack it on to be a serious contender)
Beep Test: 14.8
100m time: 11.80 secs
400m time: 49.90 secs

great overhead, and amazing agility.
His resume' is very impressive, but time will tell how well he handles the rigours of week to week quality opposition.

cheers lads

What's the point of not naming him?

Seriously - What value do any of us get from not knowing who he is? We can't track his progress, or watch out for him on the field... Granted, people with ins at the various clubs at this stage will probably be able to fill in the details at some point, but why exactly can't you name the name?

This thread is pointless unless you are going to name the player.

I'm not naming him, because I dont want or feel the need to attract any unwanted focus toward him personally.
The content of my initial thread was basically constructed in order to inform the general public about his characteristics and potential, in an attempt to gain others thoughts.

What I can tell you is that the team in which he is training, is west of the CBD.

The content of my initial thread was basically constructed in order to inform the general public about his characteristics and potential, in an attempt to gain others thoughts.
So you've posted the barest of details about a player, and you want to find out if we think he's got potential?

From what you've described, obviously he has potential. However, we know next to nothing about him. He's basically hypothetical at this point.

Waste of a thread. Why can't you name him???
To be honest, i don't believe you!:(
And besides, why would a TAC cup side be interested in developing a player when they only one year to work with him???

Nice athletic credentials and good height, but for all we know he might kick the ball 30 metres in the wrong direction and may read the play terribly.

Have you seen him play football? If so could you tell us about how well he kicks the ball and reads the play?

I understand the fact that you are concerned that if you give us his name then unnecessary attention will be drawn to him, but I hardly think that one internet thread talking about a hockey convert who is tall and has decent athletic attributes will make people follow the player's every move.

You people seem to be forgetting about the most exciting thing coming out of northern knights this season, hes been brought in this season to add some much needed height to the side. His name is Daniel Laurelli, he stands at about 202-203 cm and is a pure athlete with some decent skills on the field. He is putting all his priorities this season to football after spending most of his time in the basketball scene..He answers to the name birdman because of his birdlike features such as flying in the air while going for a mark, much like michael jordan did in the 80's and 90's while playing for the chicago bulls..This new talent is one to be watched throughout the season, he may even be a threat once draft time comes...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not naming him, because I dont want or feel the need to attract any unwanted focus toward him personally.

What I can tell you is that the team in which he is training, is west of the CBD.

Yes, heaven forbid he actually gets noticed by someone important rather then yourself PEANUT!!!

Starting this thread has done that anyway. Every recruiter who watches TAC will know who you are talking about anyway.

I believe the player in question is Patrick Hayes who is training with Calder. He is not unknown as he has played footy fairly consistently with Aberfeldie I believe. He is a nice athlete but his kicking is a C- at the moment and will need to get much better.
A like TAC player to compare him to is Glenn Chivers though I dont think he is as advanced.
Most clubs have players with these sorts of backgrounds trainin with them at this time of the year. Calder for instance have two talls who are in a similar position to Hayes in Woodburn and Daniher.
We all know that Northern have a tall basketballer trainin with them:rolleyes:
The AFL recruiters I know aint sure whether he is the next Paul Salmon or Peter Moore:rolleyes:

Know who the kid is, and he has got real good raw talent. Dominated in his games, and was a star. Seems like he has finally decided to give footy a real crack, and I wouldnt be surprised at all if he got drafted. Has good pace for his height.

Sounds like your talking about Brian Taylors boy who is at Calder this year.

if you didnt want to draw focus towards him then why start a thread based on him!

Are you stupid? Your contradicting your own logic by starting the thread, go back to frankston you half wit

You people seem to be forgetting about the most exciting thing coming out of northern knights this season, hes been brought in this season to add some much needed height to the side. His name is Daniel Laurelli, he stands at about 202-203 cm and is a pure athlete with some decent skills on the field. He is putting all his priorities this season to football after spending most of his time in the basketball scene..He answers to the name birdman because of his birdlike features such as flying in the air while going for a mark, much like michael jordan did in the 80's and 90's while playing for the chicago bulls..This new talent is one to be watched throughout the season, he may even be a threat once draft time comes...

I'm a little more excited about that 242cm kid from Rooty Hill. How's his ruck work??

I'm a little more excited about that 242cm kid from Rooty Hill. How's his ruck work??
Not a ruckman - Prefers to play as a crumbing forward, which is alright, considering his Aaron Davey-like pace across the field, and his highlight reel ability to fly for marks.

I believe the player in question is Patrick Hayes who is training with Calder. He is not unknown as he has played footy fairly consistently with Aberfeldie I believe. He is a nice athlete but his kicking is a C- at the moment and will need to get much better.
A like TAC player to compare him to is Glenn Chivers though I dont think he is as advanced.
Most clubs have players with these sorts of backgrounds trainin with them at this time of the year. Calder for instance have two talls who are in a similar position to Hayes in Woodburn and Daniher.
We all know that Northern have a tall basketballer trainin with them:rolleyes:
The AFL recruiters I know aint sure whether he is the next Paul Salmon or Peter Moore:rolleyes:

any clubs going to take a punt on hayes? first year of focusing on footy - so alot of improvement left in him

Then why post the thread????????

Remove this Banner Ad

Unknown TAC 2008 prospect

Remove this Banner Ad

Back