Unknown TAC 2008 prospect

Remove this Banner Ad

any clubs going to take a punt on hayes? first year of focusing on footy - so alot of improvement left in him

I would be suprised if he wasn't at least rookied. Definately does show all the makings of an AFL player.

Would it be fair to say he is a shorter version of Steve Gaertner? Really athletic, able to get the ball and run 30-50 metres, but just lacks decision making and quality disposal

I believe the player in question is Patrick Hayes who is training with Calder. He is not unknown as he has played footy fairly consistently with Aberfeldie I believe. He is a nice athlete but his kicking is a C- at the moment and will need to get much better.
A like TAC player to compare him to is Glenn Chivers though I dont think he is as advanced.
Most clubs have players with these sorts of backgrounds trainin with them at this time of the year. Calder for instance have two talls who are in a similar position to Hayes in Woodburn and Daniher.
We all know that Northern have a tall basketballer trainin with them:rolleyes:
The AFL recruiters I know aint sure whether he is the next Paul Salmon or Peter Moore:rolleyes:

The player in question is definitely Patty Hayes. Could be anything, has been likened to Tadgh Kennelly, which for his size is quite remarkable.

The player in question is definitely Patty Hayes. Could be anything, has been likened to Tadgh Kennelly, which for his size is quite remarkable.

decision making has improved over the year

you need to be playing footy consistnetly often to improve that aspect of your game, and he has only focused on footy this year

could well be worth a punt in the 4th round

pace to burn and good height

disposal is not the strongest...but something to work on

decision making has improved over the year

you need to be playing footy consistnetly often to improve that aspect of your game, and he has only focused on footy this year

could well be worth a punt in the 4th round

pace to burn and good height

disposal is not the strongest...but something to work on
Pies could use 1 of there 2 3rd Rounders on Hayes;)

Pies could use 1 of there 2 3rd Rounders on Hayes;)

Dave we might use our 4th round pick on him since we delisted Thoolen. Don't know where he is expected to go in the draft but this is a possibility considering he played a game for our VFL side.

Could mean we go for a Ruckman in the third round picking up midfielders with our early picks and oour other third rounder.

Dave we might use our 4th round pick on him since we delisted Thoolen. Don't know where he is expected to go in the draft but this is a possibility considering he played a game for our VFL side.

Could mean we go for a Ruckman in the third round picking up midfielders with our early picks and oour other third rounder.
We traded our 4th Round pick to Sydney with Racer, we have a 5th Rounder

pretty sure this is ollie preston from skevz
made hockey u-18 australian team this year
similar stats
yr11 this year

pretty sure this is ollie preston from skevz
made hockey u-18 australian team this year
similar stats
yr11 this year

I played cricket with Ollie's brother Simon, but this thread is about Patty Hayes and not Ollie...hopefully patty can get rookie listed

Remove this Banner Ad

Unknown TAC 2008 prospect

Remove this Banner Ad

Back