Up the Arse! Goons thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really hope we don't have to play Traore and Eastmond/Merida for 90 mins anytime soon. The bench is amazingly weak considering we are premiership contenders, but once again what can we expect with all the injuries.
We've done pretty damn well to be where we are on the table considering the players we have been missing.

The first half was a good indicator for the future of Eduardo - after the broken leg, he no longer has the pace to latch onto either the long balls or the slide rule passes into the box. It's just not something he can do anymore.

What he can do is be a box predator, and also do what Arshavin does (minus his pace) on the opposite side of the park - play wide off the to be determined Centre Forward in our 4-3-3, and use his finish and ability on the ball to attack the byline or cut into the box.

Very happy to get the 3 points. Over recent years the Reebok Stadium hasn't been the easiest place to play at. Hopefully another 3 points mid week should leave us in good shape.

Arsenal.com says Walcott and Denilson in, Merida out for the midweek game.

ACN update ... Ivory Coast have qualified for the knockout stage so we may not regain Eboue this month.

As for Song, Cameroon could be knocked out on Thursday if they lose to Tunisia. A draw could also eliminate them if Zambia defeat Gabon by 2+ goals.

As for Song, Cameroon could be knocked out on Thursday if they lose to Tunisia. A draw could also eliminate them if Zambia defeat Gabon by 2+ goals.

Go Tunisia and Zambia! Annoyed Cameroon got that late winner. It's only because we love you so much Alex! :heart::heart:

Going with a laboured Newstopia type analogy: Song = Beecher, Arsenal= Keller, EPL= Oz, Africa= freedom. Apologies to non-lovers of Newstopia/Oz/stupid analogies.

Does anyone know if the Bolton game will be on Foxtel? I can't find it on the electronic guide but perhaps that is due to the late fixture change.

Does anyone know if the Bolton game will be on Foxtel? I can't find it on the electronic guide but perhaps that is due to the late fixture change.
I don't think it is because of the late fixture change because it does show the Liverpool/Tottenham game.

Go Tunisia and Zambia! Annoyed Cameroon got that late winner. It's only because we love you so much Alex! :heart::heart:

Going with a laboured Newstopia type analogy: Song = Beecher, Arsenal= Keller, EPL= Oz, Africa= freedom. Apologies to non-lovers of Newstopia/Oz/stupid analogies.

Nice recent interview with Alex here: http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/2...-alex-song-we-will-be-ready-for-the-fight-and

ATM, doesn't look like our game will be televised on Foxtel as they are also showing a Carling Cup game. Might be able to find a stream though.

Team news vs Bolton

Arsenal will take first place if they win this by at least 2 goals (at least until Man Utd play Hull on the weekend).

Theo Walcott and Denilson return while Fran Merida is left out after picking up an ankle injury.

Sol Campbell will be left out again but could be in the squad for the FA Cup match. Bendtner and Wilshere should be back next week but Nasri and Ramsey are ruled out for up to 3 weeks.

Predicted lineup ...

Almunia
Sagna - Gallas - Vermaelen - Clichy
Denilson
Fabregas - Diaby
Rosicky - Eduardo - Arshavin

Subs: Fabianski, Silvestre, Traore, Eastmond, Emmanuel-Thomas, Walcott, Vela

Sidelined: Djourou (knee), Gibbs (foot), Eboue (International duty), Song (International duty), Nasri (hamstring), Ramsey (thigh), Wilshere (hamstring), Merida (ankle), Bendtner (groin), van Persie (ankle)

Prediction: Arsenal 4 - 0 Bolton

Broadcast Details: None

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amazing how you pick up a "knock" in training and your out for 3 weeks. Merida injured now aswell.... wtf is goin on. I'd like to see JET play apparently he is like diaby and can be played in a number of different positions. Not looking forward to denilson getting r*ped again but ohwell.

Senderos off to Celtic (possibly). No shock that we're entertaining interst, though plenty of people might rather see Silvestre out the door first...

If Djourou was fit, I'd suggest ship them both off.

Phil can't afford to sit on the bench with the World Cup coming up. Shame his career has halted like this, looked promising but he is still fairly young for a CB.

Let's hope we see no more of Traore at LB. Terrible.

Might have a future further up the field

If Djourou was fit, I'd suggest ship them both off.

Phil can't afford to sit on the bench with the World Cup coming up. Shame his career has halted like this, looked promising but he is still fairly young for a CB.

Going to Milan was a bad move really. He would have played a fair bit last season after we lost all our defenders, but basically he's lost two years of his career because of going there.

tell me folks just read a story about sol cambell sueing portsmouth, says he is back with arsenal ? is this something i missed , ?? cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back