Up the Arse! Goons thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If the talk is true, Flamini could be availiable for transfer. It is a huge long-shot, but what are the chances of Wenger breaking his rule again? I would welcome that transfer in open arms.

With Flamini wanting to make the world cup squad (which there is no chance of him doing unless he gets starts playing well), it would be the perfect move for him.

If he moves to Spurs, I will hit someone.

If the talk is true, Flamini could be availiable for transfer. It is a huge long-shot, but what are the chances of Wenger breaking his rule again? I would welcome that transfer in open arms.

With Flamini wanting to make the world cup squad (which there is no chance of him doing unless he gets starts playing well), it would be the perfect move for him.

If he moves to Spurs, I will hit someone.

I think wenger hates him and vice versa plus song would start over him so he wouldn't get playing time.

I think wenger hates him and vice versa plus song would start over him so he wouldn't get playing time.

The hating each other thing probably makes everything else pointless but here goes.

I think we could really do with a player like Flamini. At the very least he is a quality squad player and we would give him more playing time than AC Milan. He would be a back up for Song and our fullbacks. He could also play alongside Flamini as outside of Diaby their isn't enormous competition for that last midfield 3 spot. The issue wouldn't be playing time so much as in a regular position/role.

I see him going to a side in a big league that is the next rung off the top sides. WHL is perfect for players who can't make it at a top side.

The hating each other thing probably makes everything else pointless but here goes.

I think we could really do with a player like Flamini. At the very least he is a quality squad player and we would give him more playing time than AC Milan. He would be a back up for Song and our fullbacks. He could also play alongside Flamini as outside of Diaby their isn't enormous competition for that last midfield 3 spot. The issue wouldn't be playing time so much as in a regular position/role.

I see him going to a side in a big league that is the next rung off the top sides. WHL is perfect for players who can't make it at a top side.

I'd love to have him but if he wants regular playing time he should go elsewhere. It's funnny we went from having: Gilberto, flamini, diarra, song as DM's now we only have song. Wenger made me a big mistake not keeping flamini I think we were only paying him 30k, but had he not flamini leave Song may not of developed into the player he is. Doubled edged sword.

I'd love to have him but if he wants regular playing time he should go elsewhere. It's funnny we went from having: Gilberto, flamini, diarra, song as DM's now we only have song. Wenger made me a big mistake not keeping flamini I think we were only paying him 30k, but had he not flamini leave Song may not of developed into the player he is. Doubled edged sword.
Actually at the time we had Gilberto, Diarra and Flamini. Song wasn't even considered a DM. Funny how we lost all three like that.

Anyway, I think he would fit into our midfield perfectly, Song-Flamini-Fabregas would be amazing. You seem to forget how he was a big threat up forward as well. He could pass the ball nearly as well as Fabregas at the time. You might say that Diaby would be in front of him, but seriously, how long will it be before he is injured again?

I only see Sol as a back up to Vermaelen or Gallas.

In a pinch though, I can see Vermaelen having the ability to play as a DM in front of those two against a more strength than technique side like Bolton. He reads the play well, knows how to break it up, is as good a passer of the ball as half of the midfielders in the league thanks to our style of play, and is fit and athletic - certainly fit enough to do it once or twice until Song returns, and unlike Denilson they won't be able to walk all over him.

As for Flamini, he burned his bridges on the way out last time. Wenger raised him, turned him into a bloody good footballer, made him first choice over Gilberto (leading to the end of his long career with us) for the entire season, and then he slapped us in the face to leave for AC Milan - for no transfer fee at all - because he wanted oodles more money, and was angry he hadn't been played nearly often enough before that season for his liking, despite the fact he was rubbish to average before then.

So yeah, Flamini can go and rot in the hole he dug for himself, just like Hleb.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cesc will start. He had a short term injury and has labelled himself as 100% fit. Also, Dennilson will most likely not play so that leaves us with fewer options.

A Cesc, Diaby and Ramsey midfield is what will probably see come monday morning.

Also, really happy with the signing of Sol Campbell. He will bring experience and a winners mentality which our young side needs. Serendos clearly wants to go and I wouldnt discount a straight swap for Saha with him particularly now with Neil going to Gala and Tony Hibbet out for up to 4 weeks for everton.

Jesus, a straight swap for Saha. We would be winners in a deal like that and Everton would be stupid to do it. I'd just sell him to Everton for whatever their maximum offer is. He has tried to make it at Arsenal but couldn't so just grant his wish to be moved on fairly quickly this transfer period.

Jesus, a straight swap for Saha. We would be winners in a deal like that and Everton would be stupid to do it. I'd just sell him to Everton for whatever their maximum offer is. He has tried to make it at Arsenal but couldn't so just grant his wish to be moved on fairly quickly this transfer period.

Saha contract is running out in a few months and hes made it clear on his intentions to leave for a Champs League club on a more stable and long term deal. Personally think he would make a decent super sub for Arsenal but he comes at the expense of gametime to a youngster like Wilshere and Wenger has to weigh up how much he wants to use these young strikers he has at the club

Bendtner is the one who would be bumped out of line. Not sure about Saha but he has been good this season. I didn't realise he wants out dee-boxed so apologies.

Hes free and likely to command reasonable wages (60-70k is reasonable for a free transfer of his pedigree). Its clear Arsene wants a free transfer as his summer striker signing next season. If Chamakh came itd be the end of Bendtner but Saha is hardly a hold up player, has little to no defensive qualities and is really a player who chases the game rather than protects a result. A bloke like Bendtner can come on, hold the ball up and head balls away from set piece situations. Saha tackles like he has crabs on his testicles

Either way Arsene wants a freebie by the looks of it and IMO its a great move. Look at what Fergie did and just be grateful that Arsene would never spend 30 mill on a 3rd choice striker

Saha... because we really need another injury prone striker :rolleyes:

Hes not injury prone at all. He had one MAJOR injury which still affects him to this day. Been a while since he had a extended spell out of the Everton side. Misses a week here or there and thats it. Problems he wouldnt have as a non starter

Cesc will start. He had a short term injury and has labelled himself as 100% fit. Also, Dennilson will most likely not play so that leaves us with fewer options.

A Cesc, Diaby and Ramsey midfield is what will probably see come monday morning.

Also, really happy with the signing of Sol Campbell. He will bring experience and a winners mentality which our young side needs. Serendos clearly wants to go and I wouldnt discount a straight swap for Saha with him particularly now with Neil going to Gala and Tony Hibbet out for up to 4 weeks for everton.
Ramsey is now injured, we could see Eastmond get his first start. Most likely Nasri/Rosicky will be moved to midfield. I reaaaaallllllllyyyyyyyyy hope its Nasri

Ramsey is now injured, we could see Eastmond get his first start. Most likely Nasri/Rosicky will be moved to midfield. I reaaaaallllllllyyyyyyyyy hope its Nasri

Fudge. Would of been aother great opportunity for RAMBOY to show his credentials.

Jesus christ how many ****ing injuries do we have? Walcott, Dennilson, Ramsey, Wilshere and now Bendter appears to be out until February!!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2810550/Bendtner-hit-by-injury-setback.html

Diaby-Nasri-Cesc midfield. Nasri was used in the holding role last season and Diaby can be used as cover too. Up front, Rosicky-Arshavin-Eduardo.

Also, Serendos for Saha plus will throw in a couple of mill should tempt Moyes. Saha is only a short term option- he'll play 20 odd games, not 90 mins in all of them but will be a v.good option at this point of the season as his premier league quality.

Team news vs Bolton

Arsenal face Bolton twice in 4 days ... win them both by at least 4 goals on aggregate and Arsenal will take first place (Chelsea would have played a game less).

Cesc Fabregas and Gael Clichy come in for this game. Clichy is unlikely to start though. Denilson is a major doubt with a rib injury while Ramsey should also miss after picking up a knock in training.

Bendtner is still 2 weeks away while Walcott could be back after the Bolton games.

Sol Campbell is short of match fitness and will not feature. Senderos will almost certainly be sold so is not expected to be included either.

Predicted lineup ...

Almunia
Sagna - Gallas - Vermaelen - Traore
Diaby
Rosicky - Fabregas
Nasri - Eduardo - Arshavin

Subs: Fabianski, Silvestre, Clichy, Eastmond, Emmanuel-Thomas, Merida, Vela

Sidelined: Djourou (knee), Gibbs (foot), Eboue (International duty), Song (International duty), Denilson (rib), Ramsey (thigh), Wilshere (hamstring), Walcott (rib), Bendtner (groin), van Persie (ankle)

Prediction: Bolton 1 - 3 Arsenal

Broadcast Details: Monday 18 January - 02:55 AM (AEST) on Fox Sports 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back