Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s gone through so quickly. The run in from April/May to the final day, it seems like a fortnight ago. All those late nights, Arsenal on an imperious run, Havertz and Odeegard dominating, time absolutely flies. And here we are ready to go.

About as comprehensive and strong a squad as we’ve had in as long as I can recall ready to start the season. Aside from Tomiyasu, I believe every player is available. Albeit will be worked in at various times for the likes of Saka, Rice, Calafiori and Timber etc given their circumstances.

Plenty of hints given by Mikel in how he will start the season. Zinchenko really seems to have gotten his shit together from the critique he’s received. Against certain teams, particularly at home, he’s a great asset to have. I think he starts tonight.

I’m liking this preseason from Jesus. Seems sharp and is moving freely. Key is to manage his minutes. Like Zinny, they’re not 90 minute 3 times a week players.

Very interestingly, it’s not the end of Havertz as the left 8. It’s been a very fluid system, almost keeping the opposition guessing as much as I do when I watch. The way he, Trossard and Jesus interchange. They’ve developed an excellent understanding with each other and have been given the freedom to decide amongst themselves during match states of when/how to switch.

I think it’s Jesus starting tonight, Havertz in midfield. Partey will feature, perhaps 60/30 minutes sharing with either Rice or Jorginho. Decision to make on the left between Martinelli and Trossard.

The rest of the team pretty much picks themselves. Timber (like a new signing) will perhaps get some minutes from the bench.

Merino deal seems close. The squad seem to have the belief and mentality to keep going until they achieve the objective this season. Arteta sees as unrelenting as always.

What a time to be an Arsenal fan. Keen AF to get stuck into it again this season.

What an absolute blunder it was to not accept the OM offer for Eddie. Laughable arrogant mistake IMO. Now we are stuck with him, and it could/will impact our potential incomings.

Edu needs to sort this Merino deal out ASAP, it's dragged on far too long. Hopefully we get it done over the next few days so Merino can be integrated into the squad.

There seems to be some growing interest from the PL in Nketiah in recent days. I reckon the club was aware of this during the Marseille negotiations, and hence sticking to their guns on his valuation. I’m fine with that.

However I’d be surprised if Nketiah is still at the club at the end of the window. Perhaps it was waiting for a “big transaction” like the Solanke sale to be the catalyst for other players subsequent to that, such as Nketiah.

There seems to be some growing interest from the PL in Nketiah in recent days. I reckon the club was aware of this during the Marseille negotiations, and hence sticking to their guns on his valuation. I’m fine with that.

However I’d be surprised if Nketiah is still at the club at the end of the window. Perhaps it was waiting for a “big transaction” like the Solanke sale to be the catalyst for other players subsequent to that, such as Nketiah.

Who are interested?

Bournemouth were supposedly interested as per media and some talking heads. But that was put to bed very quickly when they moved for Evanilson and made no attempt to sign Eddie.

I hope you're right.

Who are interested?

Bournemouth were supposedly interested as per media and some talking heads. But that was put to bed very quickly when they moved for Evanilson and made no attempt to sign Eddie.

I hope you're right.

Ornstein mentioned during the week on a podcast that Bournemouth and Brentford have held discussions with Arsenal for Nketiah. Yes I did read overnight they’ve now signed someone else instead. There’s still likely a Toney exit for Brentford supposedly, so they’re eyeing off a potential replacement.

Ornstein mentioned during the week on a podcast that Bournemouth and Brentford have held discussions with Arsenal for Nketiah. Yes I did read overnight they’ve now signed someone else instead. There’s still likely a Toney exit for Brentford supposedly, so they’re eyeing off a potential replacement.

Save us Brentford.

I wonder how much Toney is on currently? A quick google suggests he's on £20k per week.

I doubt that Brentford would be willing to downgrade from Toney to Eddie, whilst paying five times the wages. Hopefully Toney forces their hand and they become desperate.

Save us Brentford.

I wonder how much Toney is on currently? A quick google suggests he's on £20k per week.

I doubt that Brentford would be willing to downgrade from Toney to Eddie, whilst paying five times the wages. Hopefully Toney forces their hand and they become desperate.

Yes I’ve read he’s on approx £35k-£40k a week at Brentford. Hence why he’s been eyeing off a move for quite sometime, could easily triple his wages elsewhere and nail that large contract at this stage of his career.

The market has been very difficult to read. It’s really going to be on like donkey kong in the last week or so. Nketiah surely has other suitors elsewhere that we wouldn’t even know about.

There’s also some long overdue resistance from Arsenal when it comes to selling. We’ve been a bit of a shambles in that department in recent years, and have earned a reputation for being poor sellers. No doubt that’s going to take time to shift. However the club clearly has a valuation for Nketiah and are holding their ground.

It may not be popular straight away with fans however I myself can’t bemoan Arsenal for leaving so much money off the table when it comes to selling, but then criticise the club when I see them attempting to acquire commensurate prices for players of value. Barring something disastrous, I cannot see a scenario where he and Ramsdale are still at Arsenal come the window’s closure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Partey drawing lots of fouls, he’s had a very good first half. He and Zinchenko are almost a package deal at the moment, they both look much better when the other is in this system.

I reckon Jesus and Trossard will be introduced for Partey and Martinelli at some point. Rejig the midfield with Rice deepest and Havertz to 8 to accommodate Jesus up front.

Remove this Banner Ad

Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back