Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It was telling when he said it was important to have everyone fit at this time of year. Everything this season seems to be in reverse of last season. Our blip came early. We're getting players back now, rather than losing them, and we're flying to the finish line rather than flying out of the blocks... very ManC-esque.

I have vibes of 01/02 this season, for a couple of reasons. The run at the back end of that season was ridiculously good, largely led by Ljungberg in peak form. Hopefully someone like Saka can emulate that.

Yes not too long ago, we’d probably have already reintegrated Partey and Jesus into the team. And perhaps rushed them, risked another reoccurrence etc. However the form we’re has allowed the extra time and recovery for them, knowing full well the bigger picture here is having as many fit bodies to select from come April onwards.

Momentum is with Arsenal, it would be in our best interests to keep the fixtures coming. There’ll be an unusually long gap however later this month with the Chelsea match rescheduled. I believe it will be a 19 day break before the crucial match away to City after the international break.

April will be on like donkey kong, especially if Arsenal advance through the champions league. The key is to maintain this kind of form going into crunch time of the season - no doubt Arteta is aware of that given this time 12 months ago is where it fell away.
Honestly, I wish the Porto match was today. We may only have played 2 days ago, but with the roll the lads are on, I'd be very confident they'd steamroll Porto at home.

Honestly, I wish the Porto match was today. We may only have played 2 days ago, but with the roll the lads are on, I'd be very confident they'd steamroll Porto at home.

Agreed, I was thinking similar. Unusually large gap between the first and second legs. It used to be a week. However likely now spread out for coverage purposes, less fixtures on at the same time. Even the final itself now tips into early June.

Anyway, yes am keen for that match. Brentford Sunday morning then Porto Wednesday morning, and then a 19 day break to City away.

Vintage time for me... So not much time to do the things what make me 😀 like watching arsenal demolish everyone the last few weeks.

Pool vs city this weekend... Massive game

Firstly, Arsenal must ensure the 3 points against Brentford the day before.

Then ideal outcome from Liverpool City would be and end to end contest which goes into extra time and then penalties. With the cherry on top being a season ending suspension for Rodri and Salah for sending each other anthrax spores in the mail.

However that’s not going to happen, so more realistically a draw suits Arsenal best. With a Liverpool win second preference. A City victory third.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And that’s why Ramsdale doesn’t play anymore

Ffs
It’s no different to what Raya has done in the past except he got caught and the ball went in. Arteta would say to Raya to keep playing like that. My issue is more it’s almost half time - don’t mess about with it. That goes for Gabriel etc too

He’s definitely hit his own nail in his coffin now however.

Second time this season Havertz has the winner v Brentford. Around the same time of the match as well.

Ball was in play for even less than the Porto match, holy moly.

3 points thankfully in the bag. A relief especially for Ramsdale as we all know what the narrative would be if Arsenal dropped points here as a result of that mistake.

Arsenal Fc Happy Dance GIF by Ian Wright
Benny White White White , Benny White White White.
(Double assist)

Remove this Banner Ad

Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back