Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice. Just curious what you and others think of the home kit for 2024-25 compared to the 2023-24 kit?
Different. I think last year's kit is one of our best ever (nothing beats 19/20 for me). I didn't like this year's kit at first, but it grew on me. Looks great on too. I really rate it.

Ahh it’s been a while since a good ol Orn bomb. Much more confident it will happen now. Seems a sticking point was that Bologna owe a fair chunk of that fee to Basel as a sell on clause. They also wanted Kiwior as part of the transaction supposedly.

Quite fascinating to see how he will be implemented this season. Certainly ticks the type of profile and versatility Arteta seeks. Timber as well.

I had a sneaking suspicion that when Kiwior got skinned by Sane on the counter in that 15 minute patch where we lost the tie to Bayern, something clicked in Arteta’s head. The bloke is ruthless, he seeks to extract every marginal gain he can when it comes down to the silverware being handed out. He’s seen something there that needs correcting.

It’s not Kiwior’s fault per se, however that left side of Arsenal has been experimented with comparative to the right. Where it’s been rock solid stable of White, Odegaard, Saka etc for a few seasons now.

Comparative to the left, we’ve seen all sorts of combinations including but not limited to Zinchenko, Kiwior, Tomiyasu, with Havertz, Rice, Jorginho as left 8s, Trossard and Martinelli further ahead. He’s looking to stabilise that side of the pitch knowing how many times the opposition look to work that side when out of possession.

Really like this signing the more I think of it. Arsenal are so close now, 2 points away from the title last season, whatever signings are made this window is with that in mind. Top shelf talent, unspeculative acquisitions to get Arsenal over the line.

Currently 1-0 ahead in the USA tour against Bournemouth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guys I love making XIs (just ask glenferry23), but of Arsenal players, who'd be in there? Heaps from this side would feature for me;

Lehmann
White Saliba Campbell Cole
Odegaard Vieira
Pires---------------Sanchez
Bergkamp-------
----------Henry
Cesc
RvP
Auba
Rice
Saka
Martinelli
Gabriel

Guys I love making XIs (just ask glenferry23), but of Arsenal players, who'd be in there? Heaps from this side would feature for me;

Lehmann
White Saliba Campbell Cole
Odegaard Vieira
Pires---------------Sanchez
Bergkamp-------
----------Henry
Cesc
RvP
Auba
Rice
Saka
Martinelli
Gabriel

Your penchant for making combined XIs is unrivalled :D

Is the theme of this one a post 2000 line up? Even if it was an Emirates era there’d be a few from the current team that would qualify.

Have always felt Cazorla would thrive in the current team, as that left 8, that would be something to see.

Your penchant for making combined XIs is unrivalled :D

Is the theme of this one a post 2000 line up? Even if it was an Emirates era there’d be a few from the current team that would qualify.

Have always felt Cazorla would thrive in the current team, as that left 8, that would be something to see.
Nah, just your favourite players that you've seen.

Santi and Ozil very stiff to miss for me.

He’s quite a handsome unit as well.
Episode 4 Gay GIF by Saturday Night Live

Remove this Banner Ad

Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back