11. Manucho (Angola)

And the substitutes:
1. Richard Kingson (Ghana)
2. Hani Saied (Egypt)
3. Ahmed Fathi (Egypt)
4. Saber Ben Fraj (Tunisia)
5. Didier Drogba (Cote d’Ivoire)
6. Abdelkader Keita (Cote d’Ivoire)

One notable absentee is Samuel Eto'o. He was the top scorer in the tournament but was not named in the Best.

Al-Ahly's Abd-Rabou, was crowned as the tournament's top player.

Congrats to Song! :thumbsu:

We were shite but still got the 3 points. Gilberto's lack of game time really shone through with some of his poor passes and touches. Cesc isnt havingt he greatest run either, i think his last month has been poor by his standards. Ade had a shocker but ended up slotting one. Hleb and Flamini were both really good again, Eduardo was good up front (esp. in first half), the back four were very solid though and Mad Jens had another good game. 5 points clear but some big games to come...

Ade really should've put home 3 or 4 goals but his class shon when he banged home that last one.

Just need to keep winning. If we can get a 7 or 8 point lead in the next 3 or 4 weeks we will be hard to stop imo.

Ade really should've put home 3 or 4 goals but his class shon when he banged home that last one.

Just need to keep winning. If we can get a 7 or 8 point lead in the next 3 or 4 weeks we will be hard to stop imo.
We are ahead by 5, and equal on GD.

About 15 or so pages back, someone was worried about goal difference, could of been benno or someone else.

Might not have been a 4-0 win, but it was a very solid and scrappy 2-0 win, with a makeshift midfield that looked ok at best. At least we know that we can play fabby on the right if we have to - but he isn't that good out there :p

Please, please, please don't fall away.
I'm not a big Arsenal fan (Despite enjoying watching Cesc and the style of play) but I couldn't stand it if the filthy Mancs won it again.
Don't you worry, we'll do our bit again and knock them off at OT.

We are ahead by 5, and equal on GD.

About 15 or so pages back, someone was worried about goal difference, could of been benno or someone else.

Might not have been a 4-0 win, but it was a very solid and scrappy 2-0 win, with a makeshift midfield that looked ok at best. At least we know that we can play fabby on the right if we have to - but he isn't that good out there :p

I think we may even be one up on GD

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to finally have some breathing space at the top. Our run home in the league:

Birmingham (A)
Aston Villa (H)
Wigan (A)
Middlesbrough (H)
Chelsea (A)
Bolton (A)
Liverpool (H)
Man Utd (A)
Reading (H)
Derby (A)
Everton (H)
Sunderland (A)

That is pretty tough. Man Utd's run is a lot easier than ours:

Newcastle (A)
Fulham (A)
Bolton (H)
Derby (A)
Liverpool (H)
Aston Villa (H)
Middlesbrough (A)
Arsenal (H)
Blackburn (A)
Chelsea (A)
West Ham (H)
Wigan (A)

Great win this morning, extend our lead to 5 points up top.
We didn't play our best but still managed to win 2-0, signs of a title winning team.

PS: Adebayor :thumbsu:

Good to finally have some breathing space at the top. Our run home in the league:

Birmingham (A)
Aston Villa (H)
Wigan (A)
Middlesbrough (H)
Chelsea (A)
Bolton (A)
Liverpool (H)
Man Utd (A)
Reading (H)
Derby (A)
Everton (H)
Sunderland (A)

9 wins + i'd say +24-30 depending on results

Newcastle (A)
Fulham (A)
Bolton (H)
Derby (A)
Liverpool (H)
Aston Villa (H)
Middlesbrough (A)
Arsenal (H)
Blackburn (A)
Chelsea (A)
West Ham (H)
Wigan (A)

8 wins i'd say +22 - 28 depending on results. have to play chelsea away which they aren't going to win.

Either way its a tough run home for each of the top 5 teams - they all have to play each other (don't know about pool & everton).
I bolded the should wins.

Gooners

Birmingham (A) - Win
Aston Villa (H) - Win
Wigan (A) - Win
Middlesbrough (H) - Win
Chelsea (A) - Draw
Bolton (A) - Draw
Liverpool (H) - Win
Man Utd (A) - Loss
Reading (H) - Win
Derby (A) - Win
Everton (H) – Win
Sunderland (A) - Win

29 points more

Manure

Newcastle (A) Win
Fulham (A) Win
Bolton (H) Win
Derby (A) WIn
Liverpool (H)Win
Aston Villa (H) Win
Middlesbrough (A) Win
Arsenal (H) Win
Blackburn (A) Draw
Chelsea (A) - Draw
West Ham (H) Win
Wigan (A) Win

32 points more

Win the league by 2

Id take that

in all honesty, I think we can win every game.
Liverpool we will beat.
Chelsea will be the most difficult, but if we can win it, I think we will win the league.
Beating chelski at home in the run home to the end of the season - can't think of a better tonic to go on with it and get the trophy.

Also, have been very impressed with how lehmann has been playing, been playing like a man possessed who wants that no1 spot back so badly.

And on eduardo's performance last against blackburn - i thought he was very good, was up front helping out, but also tracked back a lot and helped in the midfield, especially when the ball was being turned over, he was playing quite good.
Bendtner is going to struggle to get back into the team with van persie, eduardo and adebayor playing, and wenger working walcott as his project player.
I got a feeling he will be moved on in the summer, and gilberto will move on as well.

Chelsea (A)
Man Utd (A)

Arsenal (H)
Chelsea (A)

I don't see how Man Utd's is easier, leave alone 'a lot'.

Their only advantage is that they play you at OT, which I don't think is that much of an advantage on the day.

29 points more

Manure

Newcastle (A) Win
Fulham (A) Win
Bolton (H) Win
Derby (A) WIn
Liverpool (H)Win
Aston Villa (H) Win
Middlesbrough (A) Win
Arsenal (H) Win
Blackburn (A) Draw
Chelsea (A) - Draw
West Ham (H) Win
Wigan (A) Win

32 points more

Win the league by 2

Id take that

If you consider that Man U have lost 4 league games already this season & it could have been 2 or 3 more, they got out of jail a couple of times.Especially against Spurs last week then I think it's asking a lot to see them only having 2 draws in the last 12 games & winning the rest.

Plus they're a one man outfit, lose Ronaldo & they're buggered.

We've been the best side clearly this season, dealt better with injuries despite having a weaker squad on paper, I expect us to pull away from them if anything.

Man Utd (A) - Loss

Rubbish, we won there when we were shit! :p No reason why we couldn't get at least a draw there now. Rosicky, van Persie and Toure will all be back then too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back