Up the Arse! Goons thread. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rubbish, we won there when we were shit! :p No reason why we couldn't get at least a draw there now. Rosicky, van Persie and Toure will all be back then too.

I know, I know but more a worst case scenario. Im confident of a point there provided we have majority of our first team available...

My mate in the UK said Modric will arrive in the summer... no source, but has there been any more word on this DB ?

Haven't heard anything, but pulling that off will be some serious espionage. I mean Chelsea, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Milan and probably Inter have all been touted as possible destinations for him.

He's the sort we need though - let's face it, we suffer when Eboue, Walcott and Diaby play out wide because none of them are very good at it. We realistically need at least two attacking midfielders, unless Vela is going to be used out wide like he has been at Osasuna this season.

Yeah Vela has been doing well out there from all reports.

You would think we will move on

Gilberto
Lehmann

not sure who else..

Vela will come in. Id love modric... im not sure id be comfortable predicting who else the Boss has in mind.

Belluschi is a name i read on another Arsenal forum... Boca I think...

lehmann will probably retire, if not it will be good to have him around. Most of his noise was about euro 2008, and he will probably get the gig if he can keep almunia out.

apart from lehmann and gilberto, i also think bendtner will be moved on. of anyone who needed to show significant improvement now that he has had the opportunities, it was him - he hasn't shown it. so either move him on, or loan him to barcelona or something, but get him away from the club for 6 months in regular senior football.

Belluschi is a name i read on another Arsenal forum... Boca I think...

Signed for Olympiakos from River Plate in January, so that won't happen.

We've been linked recently with Jonathan de Guzman. He's just got his Dutch passport so no permit problems.

Modric isnt a winger.

Neither are Hleb and Rosicky, and Pires wasn't either. We don't play with conventional wingers, Clichy and Sagna provide that element instead.

Signed for Olympiakos from River Plate in January, so that won't happen.

We've been linked recently with Jonathan de Guzman. He's just got his Dutch passport so no permit problems.

Neither are Hleb and Rosicky, and Pires wasn't either. We don't play with conventional wingers, Clichy and Sagna provide that element instead.

That ends that one.

Exactly right re wingers. We dont have any traditional wingers. Last good one was probably Overmars...

Modric would be good but i think hel go to Spain.

Exactly right re wingers. We dont have any traditional wingers. Last good one was probably Overmars...

We didn't really play Overmars as a proper winger though, put him on the left wing so he could cut in on his right & shoot for goal, utilising his pace, a lot of the time he was further up the field than DB.

Not much beating his man down the byline & crossing it onto somebody's noggin.

Adebayor grateful to Henry
By Lewis Rutledge
Last updated: 12th February 2008

Emmanuel Adebayor has thanked Thierry Henry for the role he played in his development.

There were doubts before the season that Arsenal would be unable to fill the void left by Henry's departure to Barcelona, but Adebayor has managed to score 19 times in the Premier League alone.

The Togolose striker's magnificent form has been one of the main factors behind Arsenal's success this term and he found the target again in the 2-0 victory over Blackburn on Monday.

Adebayor feels he may have struggled to make so much of an impact had it not been for Henry's guidance, and has revealed that he is still in regular contact with the Frenchman.

He told the Evening Standard: "Thierry is like a big brother. A lot of times he is sending me a message saying things like, 'I know you have a lot of quality, you have scored 15 or 16 goals now and you can score more if you put more concentration in every game', so that is what I am trying to do, to listen to the elder players.

"He believes in me, in my strength of character and my quality. I want to thank him as he has helped me a lot.

"We are in touch always. He talked to me during the summer when he was leaving. We have a lot in common and get on well."

The Gunners moved five points clear with the win against Blackburn and Adebayor was delighted with the result, but he accepts that there is still a long way to go in the title race.

He said: "We knew last night would be very difficult. You cannot say we played the best football but we took the three points and we are extremely happy about that.

"Of course we are feeling closer to the title. Kolo [Toure] is coming back, [Emmanuel] Eboue is coming back and [Alexandre] Song will be back in two or three days.

"We have done well while they have been at the African Nations Cup and want to push even more when they get back.

"The title is not finished yet. You know Manchester United can come from behind but we just have to keep our focus and see whether we win the title.

"We have a lot of big games coming up. We go to Manchester, we go to Chelsea, we play at Liverpool as well so it is going to be exciting.

"The belief is there but the most important thing is to keep our feet on the ground. It is not going to be easy."

great win by arsenal yesterday morning and its great to have a decent lead finnaly really hope they dont blow it this time

do you reckon arsenal will put out their strongest team for the manure game?

i would love a draw so they can play at emirates and steal a win like when they stole a draw :D:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, it'll be a very weakened side. In fact, both sides will be second string. Still, it'll be a great game. Is it on ESPN here?
may see something similar to this

lehmann
hoyte -- senderos -- toure -- traore
rosicky -- gilberto -- song -- eduardo
walcott -- bentner

almunia, clichy, sagna, fabregas, adebayor

Cesc ain't playing anyway. He's got a throat infection.

And staying with Cesc, the wee man is renegotiating his current contract. I doubt it'll be an extension given it expires in 2014 but it'll be a (well deserved) pay rise.

And staying with Cesc, the wee man is renegotiating his current contract. I doubt it'll be an extension given it expires in 2014 but it'll be a (well deserved) pay rise.
Definitely would be. I think John Terry is on something like 120,000 (pounds) a week, and Ronaldo maybe 140,000, and thes two are the higest prem league earners. You would think Cesc deserves at least 100,000-110,000 a week.

Our injury list is getting so long. Clichy and Sagna very likely to miss the FACup match, and Senderos doubtful. The full list is:
Johan Djourou (groin), Robin van Persie (thigh), Abou Diaby (calf), Manuel Almunia (sick), Denilson (hamstring), Tomas Rosicky (hamstring), Walcott (thigh), Clichy (hamstring), Sagna (personal reasons) and Senderos (knee/thigh).:(:(

Toure and Eboue will be in the squad to play United, so that covers Senderos and Sagna. I hope we have at least Sagna, Clichy, Rosicky and Almunia back for the Milan game though.

may see something similar to this

lehmann
hoyte -- senderos -- toure -- traore
rosicky -- gilberto -- song -- eduardo
walcott -- bentner

almunia, clichy, sagna, fabregas, adebayor

Arsenal take this cup very seriously, I think Wenger would field the strongest side he has available but rest/bench the half-fit players. The players are capable of recovering for the Milan match ...

---------------------Lehmann---------------------
---Eboue-------Gallas-------Toure--------Hoyte---
---------------------Gilberto-----------------------
--Hleb--------Rosicky-------Flamini-------Eduardo--
---------------------Adebayor----------------------

Subs: Fabianski, Traore, Song, Fabregas, Bendtner

This would be my team for the game.

------------------ Lehmann ----------------
-- Eboue ---- Gallas ---- Toure ----- Hoyte --
-- Hleb ---- Fabregas --- Flamini --- Diaby --
---------- Adebayor ------ Eduardo ---------

Adebayor and Flamini also have muscle and joint problems..thats a big worry.

Hopefully all these players come back for the Milan game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back