Up the Arse! Goons thread. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Great win by the boys this morning. We played brilliantly, and we need to play like that all the time. Tough games coming up against Liverpool in the FA and Carling Cups, Blackburn away, and Manchester United at the Emirates.

Read a report on an unofficial Charlton Athletic site that we have sold them Anthony Stokes for 2.7 million.

Don't know how much credence we can give to that, I guess we'll see.

Steve Bennett to referee the game, the same Ref that Arsene abused vs Portsmouth resulting in Wenger being banished to the stands.......

Cesc set to miss through suspension as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/story_pages/sport/sport1.shtml

Thoughts?

While I have no doubt we'll be trying to off load Ljungberg - due to injuries and his ridiculously high wage, in fact I've said for awhile now we'll sell as soon as possible - I highly doubt Wenger said "Find yourself another club — now!" to him. He has a lot more class than that.

It will be sad to Ljungberg go as he has been a very good player for us throughout his career. He was dynamtie a couple of seasons ago, but the injury card has caught up to him now.

I'd like to see him go to Everton or Portsmouth. They need a player of Ljungberg's talent (UEFA Cup challenging clubs).

In other Arsenal news :

* Lupoli scored a hat-trick, as Derby beat Wrexham 3-1.
I still believe Wenger needs to pull out all stops to keep him. His contract ends June 2007, and Arturo has been quoted to say that he will head home to play in Serie A.

* Larsson scored the equaliser for Birmingham, but Bendtner was stretched off with a serious ankle injury.

* Arsene Wenger has denied that Charlton have struck a deal for Anthony Stokes, but the young Irish striker will be leaving Emirates Stadium in January.

* Arsenal are set to give Emmanuel Adebayor a new 4-year deal to stave off interest from Manchester United.
Isn't football amazing? Only six months ago, I would have thought Adebayor would have been lucky to have an interest from Arsenal, let alone Manu. ;)

:confused:

As if we'd sell anyone to Manchester United.

* Lupoli scored a hat-trick, as Derby beat Wrexham 3-1.
I still believe Wenger needs to pull out all stops to keep him. His contract ends June 2007, and Arturo has been quoted to say that he will head home to play in Serie A.

Everything i've heard and the little i've seen of this guy has been pure scoring.

Anyone know why he isn't with the first team ? Would be such a waste to lose him for nothing.

I think little Lupo deserves a go but i think he has his heart set on a return to Napoli who are likely to be promoted..... Watch fabi Canavaro go back there too. I read somewhere he has a clause in his Real contract that he can leave to go home to Naples should they be promoted..

What did people think of Senderos last night?

I thought the bald headed Swiss was immense. Should change his middle name to "gun". :D

What will happen to him when Gallas comes back (as early as Wednesday)?

IMO, we should keep him there and play Gallas at RB. Hoyte is poor, Eboue is not defensive enough and Lauren isn't match fit yet.

Eboue needs a kick up the arse - his performances for the last two months have been crap. Maybe Ralph coming back into contention is the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back