Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A point at City would be an excellent result, but am predicting them to win with their big guns having a rest during the week.

Disappointed not to top the group. The Arteta red didn't help but if Marseille hadn't held Dortmund for so long, we may have gone for an equaliser.

Please not ****ing Barca. I want Real Madrid. We won't beat them but it's something different.

I think I said a few days ago that I wouldn't take a draw against City if offered right now. I think I've changed my mind. We're starting to look a bit leggy. Arteta better not play and hopefully Sagna is fit. And why the **** isn't Theo getting gametime? We look so much more dangerous with him on the pitch and for all he's failings, he has always been a big game player.

I think Theo's illness last week set him back a bit, Wenger will hopefully start him against City.

In still of the view that Flamini and Ramsey are our best CM partnering.

My ideal starting XI for City would be:

Szczesny

Jenkinson, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs

Flamini, Ramsey

Walcott, Ozil, Cazorla

Giroud

Really big game this one. We need to counter a fast City team with quick defenders. Normal 4-2-3-1 wide formation should be used as City need containing on the outside as well as in central midfield.

Jenkinson and Gibbs seem a little unsure at times however they're quick and are decent decision makers.

Walcott should add pace if included, while Giroud and Cazorla will be looking to bounce back after a couple of lean outings.

Szczesny, BFG, Lolo, Flamini, Rambo and Ozil all seem settled and ready to take on City.

Wilshere, Rosicky and Monreal to be subbed on and add a bit of strength, speed and stability.

Would be stoked with a win, however I believe we'll share the points 2-2.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

City will kill us down the left, screaming out for a better back up RB than Jenks.

Walcott won't start either with Jenks at RB. He never tracks back and Jenkinson needs more assistance than Sagna.

Who's available though?

Monreal plays on the left and Poldi isn't ready to start ahead of Walcott yet. Still coming back from injury. Walcott needs to be more defensive. Great attacker, but lacks the defensiveness required through midfield to assist players like Jenkinson who have trouble covering.

We need Sagna back ASAP.

I thought Sagna was meant to be back for the City game. Jenkinson is barely Premier League quality.

He's not a bad player. He needs to work on a few things, but he goes alright. Would get into the lower ranked Premier League sides, looks a bit out of place at a club like Arsenal at present though.

He's a young lad, give him a couple years and he might turn into a gun. Ramsey was a fair way off the pace and now look at him. Jenkinson has potential.

Jenko could probably do with a loan spell to another club, playing week in week out.

But I don't believe Sagna will be back tomorrow, Podolski should be back in the squad at least.

You know what annoys me. Jenkinson was eligible for England and Finland right?

England pick him before he's done anything in the game, tie him to them and will then probably ignore him for the next decade.

They've done the same with a few dual nationality players recently (Sterling etc) and you can't expect the players to say no. But I think unless you are certain they are going to turn into an international player you shouldnt tie them down.

For all I know he might have no interest in playing for Finland but the point still stands.

Quite compelling viewing, there are five parts in total.

Great to reminisce about the glory days a decade or so ago. Some epic clashes with these two, as well as the two clubs of course. Enjoyed listening to Patrick's words reflecting on winning that game at United to seal the double, and the approach of the team wanting to 'hurt United' by winning it at OT.

Interestingly he said he rejected a move to Madrid the year before he was sold to Juve, even though Arsenal apparently accepted Madrid's offer. Also said we should've done more to retain Cole, which is probably true but perhaps Cole had burnt his bridges already with Dein and arguing over that extra £5k a week.

And then of course there's Vieira's words on Arsenal today and what's missing, which I think has already been circulated around the media in recent days. All in all, a must watch. Brilliant stuff.

Vieira was threatening to leave from 2000/2001 onwards so I dont know how much to believe him. It was also pretty easy to lead a team with Henry, Bergkamp, Campbell and himself. I also remember the team going into slumps after losing big games.

His quotes on current Arsenal are as accurate as most media analysis is.

Campbell had a hell of a presence about him, he was a leader of men. There were plenty of leaders back in that team. It's difficult to know who was actually correct, but I recall at the time of selling Vieira, the club stated he wanted the move to Italy. But his words are he wasn't aware of this and the club accepted the offer without trying to keep him. Anyway.

Not sure if Podolski is in the squad tonight, Walcott starting is still a possibility according to Wenger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back