• YOOOOO

Votes: 34 29.3%
  • Conca

Votes: 19 16.4%
  • Why don't we have both?

Votes: 63 54.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

24 for Yeo + 41 - couldn't be anything else.

Ill be annoyed if no 41. We'll use 3 live picks won't we? We should if we can get 41.
If we get 41, that would leave us with 6, 40 and 41 right?

It would be great if we could trade for another pick in the 20's.

whatever happens I'm glad we have Yeo- kind of expecting a shit result because of our past history of shit recruiting.
You mean our recent past history or do you mean like selecting Anthony Banik ahead of Peter Matera? ;)

Anyone here the Vozzo interview on 6PR?

Was relieved to here him say Bootsma isn't really a focus.

Got he feeling we will be caving tomorrow on pick 24.

Vozzo suggested things would happen tomorrow, as did Yeo's manager.

Eagles are committed to getting Yeo, will be heating up tomorrow.

Ellis is very close to happening, confident it will be sorted tomorrow.

Botsma doesn't look like its happening, more concerned with Yeo he is our priority.

Anyone here the Vozzo interview on 6PR?

Was relieved to here him say Bootsma isn't really a focus.

Got he feeling we will be caving tomorrow on pick 24.

Vozzo suggested things would happen tomorrow, as did Yeo's manager.

That's exactly the same impression I got. Vozzo deserved to lose his job a long time ago but if he blinks first over Yeo it ought to be the final nail in the coffin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why? Wellingham for 17?

Yeo for 24 would look bad though, even if I expect it will be the case.

We won't have what will be pick 27 after the Yeo trade. I think that's a reasonable enough expectation.

Wellingham peaked in 2010 and stagnated in the years that followed, a change of scenery isn't always going to help someone 25 years old take their game to the next level. Yeo is in a much better age bracket, you don't get access to many 20 year old through trades.

We won't have what will be pick 27 after the Yeo trade. I think that's a reasonable enough expectation.

Wellingham peaked in 2010 and stagnated in the years that followed, a change of scenery isn't always going to help someone 25 years old take their game to the next level. Yeo is in a much better age bracket, you don't get access to many 20 year old through trades.

Isn't Bootsma about that age?

Isn't Bootsma about that age?
Yes but hes contracted making it harder to get him.
I think pay what Yeos worth, pick 24 is about right, Brissy have done all the hard work and loose him, Now we can get to use his real potential so DONT Baulk Vozzo, hes worth the pick.

Yes but hes contracted making it harder to get him.
I think pay what Yeos worth, pick 24 is about right, Brissy have done all the hard work and loose him, Now we can get to use his real potential so DONT Baulk Vozzo, hes worth the pick.

Given that we can just take him in the PSD, I would be very disappointed if we caved. Give them 40 and our compo pick for next year if we have to give them something extra.

Be told again you will not get him in PSD i know his bro and he will not get pass pick two !!!! If you don't want him fair enough we will take him back with open arms, hearing that will never happen but, chance he could end up in Melbourne somewhere living with his brother .

Article on AFL.com about potential trade targets that teams should target list the following for WCE:

"The Eagles need pace and polish through their midfield. Where they find that from is a difficult question to answer. The kitchen sink trade could have been for Dustin Martin but his re-signing has closed that door. They seem determined to keep their first two draft picks given their unwillingness to trade their second round selection for Elliot Yeo. The trade that would be bold would be for Gold Coast's David Swallow. The West Australian is contracted until the end of 2014. The Eagles would have to use pick six and deal one or two players to even attract any conversation with the Suns. Mitch Brown and/or Matt Rosa might provide enough incentive to spark a discussion. It would be a big gamble. - Alex Malcolm"

Questions I have based on this are:

Wonder if there is another trade that we are looking at? Also, the article makes it sound that we are unwilling to give up a second round pick. Maybe this means that we may swap second round picks with Carlton/Brisbane? Maybe Bootsma ends up part of the trade?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Article on AFL.com about potential trade targets that teams should target list the following for WCE:

"The Eagles need pace and polish through their midfield. Where they find that from is a difficult question to answer. The kitchen sink trade could have been for Dustin Martin but his re-signing has closed that door. They seem determined to keep their first two draft picks given their unwillingness to trade their second round selection for Elliot Yeo. The trade that would be bold would be for Gold Coast's David Swallow. The West Australian is contracted until the end of 2014. The Eagles would have to use pick six and deal one or two players to even attract any conversation with the Suns. Mitch Brown and/or Matt Rosa might provide enough incentive to spark a discussion. It would be a big gamble. - Alex Malcolm"

Questions I have based on this are:

Wonder if there is another trade that we are looking at? Also, the article makes it sound that we are unwilling to give up a second round pick. Maybe this means that we may swap second round picks with Carlton/Brisbane? Maybe Bootsma ends up part of the trade?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

I really hope this is the case, don't give in west coast!

Be told again you will not get him in PSD i know his bro and he will not get pass pick two !!!! If you don't want him fair enough we will take him back with open arms, hearing that will never happen but, chance he could end up in Melbourne somewhere living with his brother .

Nobody cares.

Remove this Banner Ad

News UPDATE - Elliot Yeo now an Eagle

Back