Updated Club Song

Pick one

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

No one asked for a change in 2019. Entitled players that had won a flag went rogue and made up some crap. Most of those guys are now retired. Return it to what the song was.
A chorus. The song was a chorus. Repeated, like, three times. I get it, well all hate the new one, but the old one sucked too.

Apart from the trumpets. They were boss.

87 song was great. The 80’s sound was authentic as that’s when our club was born. The GWS song trying to sound like they’ve been around for 100 years is fake af.

If the Eagles are concerned the 87 song is too xenophobic or Victorian hating, then rejig some words so Harley and other Eastern staters can sing the words

For years they took the best of us
But now it goes both ways
United, blue and yellow, behold
Our Eagles steely gaze!

We're the Eagles
West Coast Eagles
And we're here to show you why
We're the big birds, kings of the big game
We're the Eagles, we're flying high!

87 song with a rejig to the first verse similar to the above. I reckon there is nothing wrong with sticking up "Wisemen from the East" or laying down a little West Coast magic

87 original is perfection, just brush it up a bit with some production and bingo!

'wise men from the east' these days just relates to the dismissive(and slightly psychopathic) vic footy media.

No reason why our interstate recruits cant get amongst that in sticking one up people back over east who don't give them the cred they deserve maybe

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The crowd loved it tonight hearing our original song.
Unfortunately after the game we had to listen to Eagle rock twice instead of just continuing to play our song.
Yiu want the crowd to leave then keep playing Eagle rock
Please someone put a clip of it at the stadium

Sent from my SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

The song was awesome at the ground! I recorded it but am unsure how to compress it to post here.

Unfortunately after the game we had to listen to Eagle rock twice instead of just continuing to play our song.
Yeah, screw Eagle Rock.
I wanted to hear the original song a second time...

I love Eagle Rock, but it felt like they jumped into a bit too quickly.

Can anyone with AI access do an Eagles song?

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hello - yes it's pretty easy to do actually.

The AI model is pretty geared towards pop music and balkan beats so it was a bit of a wrestle. But I got a couple of funny things out of it

This is perhaps my favourite from our current lyrics

This one is less singable at a stadium but it gives such an entitled royal energy that I kind of love it for us

Hey all. Sorry to bump this thread but I had an idea for a new song. I’ve written lyrics to the melody of ‘Feniculi Fenicula’. Let me know what you think. If it’s trash then I’ll put a pin in it. Cheers…

FOR WE ARE THE EAGLES
From Perth, the place of birth of an institution, our club is born (our club is born)
For we, stand on the shoulders of our champions, foundation formed (foundation formed)
To win, we travel all across the nation, on wings we fly (on wings we fly)
We play, to bring the flag back to our fortress, it’s rightful home (it’s rightful home)

West Coast, West Coast
Royal blue and gold
West Coast, West Coast
The premiership’s our goal
Nil to deny
We’ll show you why
We own the ground
We own the sky
For we are the mighty Eagles and we’re flying high

I thought I'd attempt to capture this one for fun. It came up with this one which is hilarious imo

Remove this Banner Ad

Updated Club Song

Back