Updated VFL/AFL premiership tally

Remove this Banner Ad

You can’t read between the lines at all. When someone makes a point about you only posting about one topic, when that person has 19,000 posts, it is patently obvious to anyone with a working brain that that isn’t meant to be taken literally.

But you said it anyway. So say what you mean clearly.
The point (which you missed) was that you spend an inordinate amount of time on one topic.

So what. As I've repeatedly said, if you can't work out why I've had to explain what actually happened to my club over and over again over the last twenty years to a myriad of different posters then I can't help you.
Instead, you seek to take the literal interpretation, go on some ridiculous quest to prove that you’ve made 12 other posts about other things, and by doing so you think you’ve made a point.

I've made many more than 12 posts on other topics over the course of my time here. You of course can only focus on one thing. And you call me 'obsessed'?
It’s not necessary to waste your time picking apart literal interpretations while ignoring the main point, which was, of course that you are weird obsessive poster about primarily one topic

Now it's "primarily one topic". Why didn't you say that in the first place? Incidentally I've posted extensively on other topics on these boards. Use the search function.
and, I guess if you havnt changed by now you never will.

I'll keep explaining what actually happened in 1996, when it is raised by others. As I have said repeatedly, I'm explaining why statements about my club are inaccurate. I'm sure you would do the same, if the same incorrect information was continually repeated and presented as truth.

And of course commenting on lists that you produce that I believe are incorrect. Brisbane should be equal 7th with West Coast. Not 1st.

So, I assume we can “look forward” to more of this over the next decade.

When other posters make statements that I think are incorrect. And if I have the time and/or the inclination to post. I'm certainly not going to ask your permission to do so.
I’ll be watching with curiosity.

Of course you will. :rolleyes: I couldn't care less what you post or how much you post on any topic. Apparently you care how much I post on a topic. And you have the gall to call me "obsessed".

Just use the ignore function if it offends you so much. Be at peace.

Last edited:
But you said it anyway. So say what you mean clearly.

So what. As I said, if you can't work out why I've had to explain what actually happened to my club over and over again over the last twenty years to a myriad of different posters then I can't help you.

I've made many more than 12 posts on other topics over the course of my time here. You of course can only focus on one thing. And you call me obsessed?

Now it's "primarily one topic". Why didn't you say that in the first place? Incidentally I've posted extensively on other topics on these boards.

I'll keep explaining what actually happened in 1996, when it is raised by others. As I have said repeatedly.

And of course commenting on lists that you produce that I believe are incorrect.

When other posters make statements that I think are incorrect. And if I have the time and/or the inclination to post. I'm certainly not going to ask your permission to do so.

Of course you will. :rolleyes: I couldn't care less what you post or how much you post on any topic. Apparently you care how much I post on a topic. And you have the gall to call me "obsessed".

Just use the ignore function if it offends you so much. Be at peace.
Now you're just repeating the same thing over and over again. Rinse and repeat. Not about your pet topic this time, but the recent exchange between you and I. You've already made all these points; you don't need to keep repeating them. I heard you the first time. Insane. Absolutely insane. You just can't let anything go. Same humorless tone, same cut-and-paste (not literally) style. It's like banging your head against a brick wall. Astonishing.

Now you're just repeating the same thing over and over again. Rinse and repeat.

How ironic.
Not about your pet topic this time, but the recent exchange between you and I. Insane. Absolutely insane. You just can't let anything go.

How ironic.
Same humorless tone, same cut-and-paste (not literally) style. It's like banging your head against a brick wall. Astonishing.

How ironic.

Let it go. You seem to be obsessed with what and how I post. The ignore button is your friend.

I really don't care how often, or on what, you post.

As I said, I don't care I was just curious. Yes, I'm repeating that, and I'm accusing you of repeating the same thing over and over, but it's still true. It's simply curiosity of the human psyche.

I'd love to see a different side of you. Give me an example of when you were wrong about something on here and admitted it and didn't just double-down/triple-down on the same thing over and over. Is there anything that springs to mind? Just curious.

As I said, I don't care I was just curious. Yes, I'm repeating that, and I'm accusing you of repeating the same thing over and over, but it's still true. It's simply curiosity of the human psyche.

Let it go with this obsession with what and how I post. The ignore button is your friend.
Give me an example of when you were wrong about something on here and admitted it and didn't just double-down/triple-down on the same thing over and over. Is there anything that springs to mind? Just curious.

The search function is also your friend.

Changing the subject now? If you think I'm wrong in this instance (on this particular thread topic, which is what we're supposed to be actually discussing), tell me exactly why. Convince me with your well argued reasons, backed up with plenty of supporting evidence. You're apparently well aware of my argument. After all, I've got 19,000 posts on the subject.

(Please note the last sentence as an attempt at humour. I'm trying to get my humour quotient up. Apparently that's important in posting.)

Last edited:
Let it go with this obsession with what and how I post. The ignore button is your friend.

The search function is also your friend.

Changing the subject now? If you think I'm wrong in this instance (on this particular thread topic, which is what we're supposed to be actually discussing), tell me exactly why. Convince me with your well argued reasons, backed up with plenty of supporting evidence. You're apparently well aware of my argument. After all, I've got 19,000 posts on the subject.

(Please note the last sentence as an attempt at humour. I'm trying to get my humour quotient up. Apparently that's important in posting.)

No, I was merely asking you if you can recall an instance where you have been wrong. My motto is if you think you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room. It was just a question. I can't go through all your 19,000 posts for time reasons clearly - it was just a question of curiosity.

* I appreciate it

Now you're just repeating the same thing over and over again. Rinse and repeat. Not about your pet topic this time, but the recent exchange between you and I. You've already made all these points; you don't need to keep repeating them. I heard you the first time. Insane. Absolutely insane. You just can't let anything go. Same humorless tone, same cut-and-paste (not literally) style. It's like banging your head against a brick wall. Astonishing.
Dan that's pretty rude. He's pointed out a helpful improvement, on a subject that a lot of less informed posters get wrong.

Don't kill a great thread with pettifogging mate, Fitzroy aint Brisbane, and both Brisbanes are the same club. Hes technically correct.

Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

My motto is if you think you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.

Where did I say or imply that?

You're just trying to change the subject now. Somehow it's gone from your complaint that I post exclusively on one topic to now that I somehow I 'think I'm never wrong because I'm the smartest person in the room'. The old 'red herring' fallacy.

Why don't you address my comments on the topic about Brisbane's position in your list?

Where did I say or imply that?

You're just trying to change the subject now. Somehow it's gone from your complaint that I post exclusively on one topic to now that I somehow I 'think I'm never wrong because I'm the smartest person in the room'. The old 'red herring' fallacy.

Why don't you address my comments on the topic about Brisbane's position in your list?

I can do that later (maybe if I feel like it), but as I said I'm sick of your discussing of the topic and I don't want to bore myself with it at the moment. It essentially comes down to the difference between legal and practical, but I don't want to get you started, as everything you have said is out there in thousands of posts anyway. I don't want to read your same posts re-hashed. It will just waste everyone's time, and I'd be guilty of getting you started. I'm more curious if you can give me an example of you being wrong. You never answered, you just deflected.

I can do that later (maybe if I feel like it), but as I said I'm sick of your discussing of the topic and I don't want to bore myself with it at the moment. It essentially comes down to the difference between legal and practical, but I don't want to get you started, as everything you have said is out there in thousands of posts anyway. I don't want to read your same posts re-hashed. It will just waste everyone's time, and I'd be guilty of getting you started. I'm more curious if you can give me an example of you being wrong. You never answered, you just deflected.
That question is OT.

Legally and practically he's right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can do that later (maybe if I feel like it), but as I said I'm sick of your discussing of the topic

What topic? The list you presented and started a thread on? Brisbane should be #7 in your list. Not #1. I (and others) explained why. When that was disputed, further reasoning was given.
It essentially comes down to the difference between legal and practical, but I don't want to get you started, as everything you have said is out there in thousands of posts anyway.

What's your argument for 'practical'? I've explained that as well. Many times to different posters.
I don't want to read your same posts re-hashed.

Then Brisbane must be #7 (equal with West Coast). All you've said is that you're using a fan website for your rankings. As a supporter of Brisbane, I'd be happy if they were actually #1. But in actual fact they're not.
I'm more curious if you can give me an example of you being wrong.

Why? What relevance does it have to the topic?
You never answered, you just deflected.

You give me an example of how you think I've been 'wrong'. If I offer an opinion, I try and give the reasons why I hold that opinion. I try and base it on facts (which I also present) as why I think my opinion is accurate. It's then up to readers to decide whether they agree with what I present. Or not.

Last edited:
You just don't get it do you? I'm sick of you discussing this single topic and don't want to pour fuel on the fire. We all know what your views are, and making post umber 4,567 about it won't make it any better than post 4566. Talk about something else. You just don't stop do you - in many ways you're really just a spammer. I'll discuss it if I feel like it, but if it is going to end with your cut-and-paste style repetition, then no I will not engage.

Talk about something else.

I'm trying to talk about the position you placed Brisbane at, in the list you presented. Seeing this is after all what the thread is about.

You've taken it elsewhere.
in many ways you're really just a spammer.

The 'ignore' button is your friend. Use it, if you don't want to read what I post. Maybe then your obsession will fade.
I'll discuss it if I feel like it, but if it is going to end with your cut-and-paste style repetition, then no I will not engage.

I don't care if you engage or not.

Brisbane should be #7 (equal with West Coast). Not #1.

Last edited:
I'm trying to talk about the position you placed Brisbane at, in the list you presented. Seeing this is after all what the thread is about.

You've taken it elsewhere.
No I just don’t want to engage with your obsession, because you can’t take the hint and let it go and because it’s just repetition of thousands of posts you’ve already made.

No I just don’t want to engage with your obsession, because you can’t take the hint and let it go and because it’s just repetition of thousands of posts you’ve already made.

Let it go. Use that ignore button.

Brisbane should be #7 (equal with West Coast). Not #1.

Give me an example of when you were wrong about something on here and admitted it and didn't just double-down/triple-down on the same thing over and over. Is there anything that springs to mind? Just curious.
Ironic.

Let it go. Use that ignore button.

Let it go, really? From the man who posts literally thousands of posts on one topic for 2 decades. Give it a break. As I said, you're a weird, curious individual. That's not necessarily a bad thing - most successful people are a bit weird. But Jesus, you are obsessive. You can have the last say because I know it's important to you. Go for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Updated VFL/AFL premiership tally

Remove this Banner Ad

Back