Upper Murray Football League 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Tips:

Seniors
Tumba to bring Corryong back to reality, and how come Brooke is playing ressies?
Cudgewa to annihilate Feds after there loss last round to Bullioh
Bullioh over Walwa, The Darcy Judd signing is a massive boost for Walwa, couldnt see them finishing outside top 4 if jenkins and him are put in the forward line.

Reserves
Corryong comfortably at home
Cudgewa by a massive margain
Bullioh

Went up to Corryong yesterday,finally got to wave the flags,made a new friend i think he wanted to live in my pocket [it does'nt work with 2 goal umpires] i asked Travis after the game how come they did'nt send him behind the fence,he said he did'nt see him.Even though tumba won easly i was very impressed with corry they just need to work on acouple of little things and they won't be that far away.S.Brook lined up in the seniors i counted around 15-17 possessions could of put one of corry's players in hospital[all fair] but pulled out at the last moment[don't ever turn your head back to receive a handball from your team-mate when you don't know what's coming infront of you].See cudgie had agood win over feds but i'm still backing them to finish 4th.Don't know the result of b/w bullioh game or how their new recruits went if anyone knows would like to here.Will be at feds bullioh game next week .max

Went up to Corryong yesterday,finally got to wave the flags,made a new friend i think he wanted to live in my pocket [it does'nt work with 2 goal umpires] i asked Travis after the game how come they did'nt send him behind the fence,he said he did'nt see him.Even though tumba won easly i was very impressed with corry they just need to work on acouple of little things and they won't be that far away.S.Brook lined up in the seniors i counted around 15-17 possessions could of put one of corry's players in hospital[all fair] but pulled out at the last moment[don't ever turn your head back to receive a handball from your team-mate when you don't know what's coming infront of you].See cudgie had agood win over feds but i'm still backing them to finish 4th.Don't know the result of b/w bullioh game or how their new recruits went if anyone knows would like to here.Will be at feds bullioh game next week .max

Maxi,

I agree with you about Corryong, they just need to gel a bit more and believe in themselves. In saying, that is their seconds team only full of ressie players or should some of them be standing up and playing in the seniors? Good to win a seconds flag but not the big one! Can't wait until next Saturday when the Roo's give Cudgie the Blues!! See you there!

Maxi,

I agree with you about Corryong, they just need to gel a bit more and believe in themselves. In saying, that is their seconds team only full of ressie players or should some of them be standing up and playing in the seniors? Good to win a seconds flag but not the big one! Can't wait until next Saturday when the Roo's give Cudgie the Blues!! See you there!
Demonroo would have to say yes to that about some of there ressies players,in saying that some of these players have reasons why they only play ressies some are fair-dinkem[30%] maybe[10%] the rest 60% just pure bullshit.If their senior team is there abouts any player given the chance to play senior will jump at it except 10% of that 30% in the ressies because the other 20% will work something out.
It is also upto the coaching staff to not just look at their football ability but the person himself[you can find out alot what makes these guys tick].In my time at tumba we didn't recruit[except for one which we only got one game out of]big time players money was the major facter[their price] but the team we had in 2009 that was a team no one gave us hope in hell of making that G.F. but we did,winning it would of been the iceing on the cake but discipline in some guys let us down and Bullioh won and the best player in that G.F.was easily W.McPherson hands down the best player does'nt always play in the winning side.Even though we lost as thier coach we were still winners as a playing group an club because we believe we could get there[some didn't].Beside the 2009 G.F.the next best thing to happen to that club was when M.Molkinten turned up one saturday in 2010 and said he was back to play for the club.I couldn't think of anything better than seeing a local bloke capt/co his own towns team to maybe its first winning G.F.[but there is still 6 games to go]max

Maxi,

I can remember this argument coming up last year, and even just before the season so just going to put this one to bed before it fires up a bit more. Maxi, you of all people should know that team selection is based on not just how good they are, but form, fitness, turning up to training, opposition etc. Granted the Corryong ressies team is absolutely flying at the minute, by watching them on the weekend, you will have noticed that ALL of them could play football at one level or another and our bottom 6-10 players are not just under 16's or fat old blokes filling in to make up numbers, they are guys who have contributed in some way or another on the field, thats the difference between Corryong ressies of now and let's say a Feds ressies team. Yes some of them like Panach, Williams, Nankervis could/should be playing seniors, however, as you pointed out above there are reasons why they aren't. On the other hand the seniors team have used 35 out of the 56 (62.5%)players who have played a game in seniors or reserves level this year, so if that isn't giving guys a go to prove themselves, to be honest I am not sure what is? I counted 6 regular senior players who did not play on the weekend, which means 6 other people get their chance to play at senior level. I know it was general discussion, and not putting the foot in as such, just giving you the facts from the Corryong side of the fence.

Homebake my answer wasn't just directed at corry ressies but all clubs that are in the same boat so to speak.Iwas in that boat when i first went to tumba,i knew why they were loosing because there was at least 6 guys in their ressies that should of been playing seniors,so i made a point of finding out why.When i found out why it took me two season to get them onboard and with there great bunch of local kids an our recruits plus committee started to change the direction the club was going.Now with M.Molk at the club he's been able to get some of his mates from Wagga to cross over and i only see the club going from strength to strength

Homebake my answer wasn't just directed at corry ressies but all clubs that are in the same boat so to speak.Iwas in that boat when i first went to tumba,i knew why they were loosing because there was at least 6 guys in their ressies that should of been playing seniors,so i made a point of finding out why.When i found out why it took me two season to get them onboard and with there great bunch of local kids an our recruits plus committee started to change the direction the club was going.Now with M.Molk at the club he's been able to get some of his mates from Wagga to cross over and i only see the club going from strength to strength

I agree re: Tumba going from strength to strength, and it has to be good for the comp Tumba not only being competitive however a massive flag threat with Bullioh and Cudgy. My previous comment wasn't aimed so much at you, more so just a general comment, as I knew how some may perceive your post. I think Corryong are where you guys were at last year, and hopefully can be where Tumba are now, I assume that would be the plan anyway.

What a last 6 games, 3 genuine flag contenders and the other 3 teams all capable of finishing 4th. Even the ressies have 3 legitimate flag chances. The closeness of the comp probably makes it the best it has been for years. Take away Feds reserves player troubles (giving them credit as they are fielding a team every single week, and will build again) and the league is in great shape, much different from just 12-24 months ago and even to Bullioh for having an under 16's side, which has largely flown under the radar. Maxi, might be time to put your 2 cents worth in at the Border so we get a bit more coverage, hell a verbal stoush between 2 coaches gets more coverage than our league has for the entire year,

I agree re: Tumba going from strength to strength, and it has to be good for the comp Tumba not only being competitive however a massive flag threat with Bullioh and Cudgy. My previous comment wasn't aimed so much at you, more so just a general comment, as I knew how some may perceive your post. I think Corryong are where you guys were at last year, and hopefully can be where Tumba are now, I assume that would be the plan anyway.

What a last 6 games, 3 genuine flag contenders and the other 3 teams all capable of finishing 4th. Even the ressies have 3 legitimate flag chances. The closeness of the comp probably makes it the best it has been for years. Take away Feds reserves player troubles (giving them credit as they are fielding a team every single week, and will build again) and the league is in great shape, much different from just 12-24 months ago and even to Bullioh for having an under 16's side, which has largely flown under the radar. Maxi, might be time to put your 2 cents worth in at the Border so we get a bit more coverage, hell a verbal stoush between 2 coaches gets more coverage than our league has for the entire year,

Hi Homebake,

Thanks for your insight into the Demons. Certainly wasn't having a go I just wanted to know what the story was given the seconds success this year. I agree we need better coverage from the papers, there has been bloody well nothing. I regularly check the Border Morning Mail and Daily Advertiser on line but they too are both very light on. Does the weekly times write much about the UMFL?

I guess Cudgewa lost its status as King of the clearances, A few clearances leaving UMFL too

Blueboy,

Cudgie may well have lost the 'king of clearances' crown but you are still going to be 'Buyer of the 24 Carlton draught" after this weekend" :thumbsu: :thumbsu: , you heading up to Tumba or still milking cows or what ever you do to them? I can fix you up with my sister if you need a place to stay!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blueboy,

Cudgie may well have lost the 'king of clearances' crown but you are still going to be 'Buyer of the 24 Carlton draught" after this weekend" :thumbsu: :thumbsu: , you heading up to Tumba or still milking cows or what ever you do to them? I can fix you up with my sister if you need a place to stay!

Demenroo,

Double or nothing means Tumba lose 1s and 2s I get 24 Carlton Draught and IF, If you win you get nothing.
But you can make the bet what ever you want you will never pay up.
Thanks for the offer of your family but I Wont be shagging up with your sister or mum as I dont want to go any where you have before.

Demenroo,

Double or nothing means Tumba lose 1s and 2s I get 24 Carlton Draught and IF, If you win you get nothing.
But you can make the bet what ever you want you will never pay up.
Thanks for the offer of your family but I Wont be shagging up with your sister or mum as I dont want to go any where you have before.
Blueboy,

Mate I take my bets seriously, I will be there on Saturday - will you? If Tumba looses you get the ales as agreed. I will even have them on ice (either you or I will drink them) if your not and Cudgie win I will be in Albury in three weeks time, I will meet up with you down there. Apart from my sisters green teeth, hunch back, and third nipple she would be better than what you have been use to!!:p

Blueboy,

Mate I take my bets seriously, I will be there on Saturday - will you? If Tumba looses you get the ales as agreed. I will even have them on ice (either you or I will drink them) if your not and Cudgie win I will be in Albury in three weeks time, I will meet up with you down there. Apart from my sisters green teeth, hunch back, and third nipple she would be better than what you have been use to!!:p

D/R

There with bells on fire and we will be having a few Ales together, but slayed many Dragons to get to the princess.. But your sister I will leave her to you buddy..!!!:D:D:thumbsu:

Seniors
Cudgewa 3goals
Bullioh 4goals
Border Walwa this could go either way but I think B/W by 2goals

Ressies
Cudgewa 40pts
Bullioh 100pt
Border Walwa by a goal

More clearances coming in but will Bullioh spend up in 10days

Demonroo get my beer cold :cool::cool::cool:

tips for this week
SENIORS
Match of the round would have to be tumba/cudgie,so i will go with tumba by 19pts .
I think corryong will get over B/W this week as i said i was really impressed with them last week even though the score didn't show that.Corry by 13pts.
Now to the game i will be going to feds/bullioh.Yes bullioh should win this easily ,but if feds just concentrate playing them quarter by quarter and give their coach 100% commitment and play for each other rather than themselves when the chips are down we could have a really good game on our hands.bullioh by 7gls.
Dark horse for the leagues medal C.Tyrell
RESSIES
Tumba by 4pts over cudgie
bulioh by ????
corry by 29pts over b/w
Now guys reguarding the border mail if you want more coverage give them something to write about[coaches].Ihave already spoke to the b.m. about this so the ball is in your court now.Hopefully i will be doing the preview to the G.F.,AND BRENT IF YOU READ THIS MAYBE THE MINOR FINALS I KNOW HOW TO SELL PAPERS.max

Tips:

Seniors:
Deserves game of the round status and being at Tumbas home ground with a lot of blues senior players out, if Piltz plays I say Cudgy, if he doesnt, Tumba. Also bad luck to Ryland Head if he is out for the rest of the year, not the year to do it where Cudgy is headed young fella.
Bullioh but not by as much as they think
Corryong in an absolute nailbiter

Reserves:
Cudgy by 3 or 4 goals
Bullioh by over 100 points
Corryong by over 15 goals

The eve on what should be a great round of country footy. b/w and corrong the team that wins this one will go along way to cementing spot in the top four. i have been lucky enough to see both sides play and was super impressed with the way walwa go about there footy very hard side and think they will win this one and really get there season back on track b/w 21.
bullioh win in a canter feds to battle all day but just be out classed by a very well drilled out fit...
bullioh by 45..
TUMBA vs CUDGY some say GF preview and in the games i have seen this yr id nearly agree but not just yet still a fair bit of footy to be played.... watch b/w come late.
in a game that has had more talk about who is not playing then whats a stake TOP SPOT with only 5 rds left after the weekend, tumba are missing a few the likes of marc sheppard, James Burgess witch from all reports have been in the best 5 players through out the yr both proven footballers in this comp big outs.
Cudgi have been smashed with the injury count if you go by the bm so with that said i still think this will be a great game im leaning with Cudgi i just think the two outs for Tumba a massive. And dont no alot about the outs for Cudgi. Cudgi are the best side thus far this yr and will be alone on top after saturday...
Cudgi by5

The eve on what should be a great round of country footy. b/w and corrong the team that wins this one will go along way to cementing spot in the top four. i have been lucky enough to see both sides play and was super impressed with the way walwa go about there footy very hard side and think they will win this one and really get there season back on track b/w 21.
bullioh win in a canter feds to battle all day but just be out classed by a very well drilled out fit...
bullioh by 45..
TUMBA vs CUDGY some say GF preview and in the games i have seen this yr id nearly agree but not just yet still a fair bit of footy to be played.... watch b/w come late.
in a game that has had more talk about who is not playing then whats a stake TOP SPOT with only 5 rds left after the weekend, tumba are missing a few the likes of marc sheppard, James Burgess witch from all reports have been in the best 5 players through out the yr both proven footballers in this comp big outs.
Cudgi have been smashed with the injury count if you go by the bm so with that said i still think this will be a great game im leaning with Cudgi i just think the two outs for Tumba a massive. And dont no alot about the outs for Cudgi. Cudgi are the best side thus far this yr and will be alone on top after saturday...
Cudgi by5

Demonroo's tips:

Seniors
Tumba in a bloody close one (less than 10 points)
Bullioh 4goals
Border Walwa by 2 goals,

Magoos
Tumba by 10 points
Bullioh by more than 60
Border Walwa by 6 points

TIPS: Bring your snow shoes to Tumba it will be a cold one, Blueboy we will not need ice!!

Well feds /bullioh game was a great game to watch,feds leading all the way until the last 10mins when c.reid took some telling marks in there forward line and stole the win off feds.[both clubs had afew players out].
Great to see tumba get over cudgie and congrats to MARCUS CLARKE for playing his 200th game for the club would have to be one of the most respected players in the U.M.F.L.
Corryong slips into 4th place with there win over b/w well done guys.
Next week feds an b/w put there season on the line a loss could just about shut the gate on the looser
My rep team after rnd10 is made up of 5 players from the top 2 teams an 4 players from the others

B.M.Clarke[T] D.Arthurs[CUD] Hunt[B/W]
H.B. W.Sinclair[F] C.Reid[BULL] M.Nichols[BULL]
C. A.Williams[F] A.Higginson[t] E.Nicholas[C]
H.F.M.Shepperd[T] T.Hickey[BULL] A.Lezius[CUD]
F.Curran[BULL] M.Molkinten[T] K.Hunt[B/W]
FOLL-N.Molkinten[T] K.Butters[B/W] C.Tyrell[F]

INTER-S.Mulligan[cud] Cass[c] S.Gilcrist[f] Siniman[c] C.Gilcrist[c] Pineapples[cud]
COACH-M.Molkinten

Well feds /bullioh game was a great game to watch,feds leading all the way until the last 10mins when c.reid took some telling marks in there forward line and stole the win off feds.[both clubs had afew players out].
Great to see tumba get over cudgie and congrats to MARCUS CLARKE for playing his 200th game for the club would have to be one of the most respected players in the U.M.F.L.
Next week feds an b/w put there season on the line a loss could just about shut the gate on the looser
My rep team after rnd10 is made up of 5 players from the top 2 teams an 4 players from the others

INTER-S.Mulligan[cud] Cass[c] S.Gilcrist[f] Siniman[c] C.Gilcrist[c] Pineapples[cud]
COACH-M.Molkinten
I left two guys off the bench here they are PLITZ[cud] JENKENS[b/w]

COACH-M.Molkinten

Maxi,

Good to hear about Marcus playing his 200th game for Tumba. His brothers were also well respected footballers in the UMFL, Milton was a strong player and I had the pleasure to play with Nigel, all good blokes a credit to the family. Considering that they lived near Jingellic, they could have easily went to Walwa like the Well's boys did.

Who won the seconds between Tumba and Cudgie? On the way down to Tumba I hit a Roo (a real skippy - now deceased) between Gundagai and Tumut, my day was pretty well f*cked before it began - hence no beers with Blueboy and never got to Tumba.

I reckon Corryong is starting to hit some form at the right time and congratulations to them, I couldn't believe the Feds v Bullioh result, that would have been an upset and a half if the swans had of won.

Does anyone know anything about the new recruits that Walwa have put in clearances for? I also see Tom Hickey has put in a clearance to AFL Queensland!

Remove this Banner Ad

Upper Murray Football League 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back