Upper Murray Football League 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

How is it that you know corryong "won out" on mcinnes and that other clubs offered him serious coin, yet you don't know who he played for last year, try o&k premiership player bucko. Would have thought working on the Nicholas farm and playing for the demons previously means he would have prob shown loyalty to Evan and the club and gone back to help out. In regards to the fights no ones perfect, and its a small town, what throws the cat amongst the pigeons is that it was the coaches brothers, after hearing all the hard work in the off season they've tried to do in turning the club around probably the last thing they need. 20 to training is not bad this time of year, considering the losses you guys were meant to have, any of the new boys, also was h tyrell training with another umfl club?
McIness will be a great pick up for the Demon's and along with Fraser should be among the best ruckman in the league but i dunno if the word loyalty should be used in association with him (he's had more clubs than Tiger Woods). Word is he doesn't come cheap and fielded offers from over half a dozen clubs, if he last's past clearance deadline the Demon's should win a few extra games. Sounds like numbers shouldn't be a problem in the seniors for Feds but depth will be if they get a few injuries early in the year, i'm not sure if they have the recruiting power to bring up fringe senior players who might not play seniors week in, week out.

Cudgy will probably have the most depth in the league if half of Jindera are travelling up there this season but don't be surprised if some of their local kids end up running around at Corryong and Feds.:thumbsdown:

From the papers and from what Max has posted here it looks like Tumba are gaining Marc Sheppard, Andrew Higginson, Shane and Chase McIntosh and James Burgess from Marrar, Paul Hallcroft from North Wagga, Michael Kenny from Billabong Crows and have Scott Wolters and John Cameron returning. But are loosing Kane Richards, James Muell, Phil Bird, Garth Thomas, Quinn Rooney, Adrain Williams and the Brook boys.
That's a big turn over of players. I guess it will come down to if the players they have picked up are better than the ones they have lost and if their younger local players improve then the will go better than last year.

From the papers and from what Max has posted here it looks like Tumba are gaining Marc Sheppard, Andrew Higginson, Shane and Chase McIntosh and James Burgess from Marrar, Paul Hallcroft from North Wagga, Michael Kenny from Billabong Crows and have Scott Wolters and John Cameron returning. But are loosing Kane Richards, James Muell, Phil Bird, Garth Thomas, Quinn Rooney, Adrain Williams and the Brook boys.
That's a big turn over of players. I guess it will come down to if the players they have picked up are better than the ones they have lost and if their younger local players improve then the will go better than last year.
what about j. kelly heard he was leaving

Didn't see Kelly mentioned anywhere but the Tumba paper had Oliver Breust from North Wagga also going to Tumba and Wade McPherson maybe returning. Looks like they will be a completely new team in 2012.

McIness will be a great pick up for the Demon's and along with Fraser should be among the best ruckman in the league but i dunno if the word loyalty should be used in association with him (he's had more clubs than Tiger Woods). Word is he doesn't come cheap and fielded offers from over half a dozen clubs, if he last's past clearance deadline the Demon's should win a few extra games. Sounds like numbers shouldn't be a problem in the seniors for Feds but depth will be if they get a few injuries early in the year, i'm not sure if they have the recruiting power to bring up fringe senior players who might not play seniors week in, week out.

Cudgy will probably have the most depth in the league if half of Jindera are travelling up there this season but don't be surprised if some of their local kids end up running around at Corryong and Feds.:thumbsdown:

Mcinnes kicked a couple goals and got in the best for O&K granny, he will be a great player for them at Corryong.
Who from Jindera is playing for Cudgewa? Jamie Piltz is the only player i have heard of do you know any others

Snifferdog i've came up with list of players going back from season 2010 to now.Iknow i've left out alot of good players from certain clubs only because i have forgotten their names and not quite sure of their age,but this is a group of players that most of them could play either end of the field.The ones that have ? marks next to their names mite over 22 yrs of age now.

B. A.Star[cudg] K.Richards[tumba] N.Star[cudg]

H.B.M.Nichols[bull] P.Bird[tumba] J.Jarvis[cudg]

C.McKimmie[fed] M.Connors[fed] Forrest[fed]

H.F. M.Collins[fed] S.Brook[tumba] T.Hayes?[b/w]

F. J.Kelly[tumba] K.Hunt?[b/w] Greenhill[b/w]

FOLL. N.Molkinten[tumba] H.Tyrell[fed] Curran[bull]
Ihave named a 6 man bench.

Q.Rooney[tumba] K.Corrin[corry] J.Waters[tumba]
A.Tyrell[fed] Pineapples[cudg] R.Harnett[tumba]

The player that i would appoint as capt to lead this team into battle if he could control himself on an off the field would be Simon Brook with v/c T.Hayes.I KNOW I'M GOING COP SOME SHIT OVER THIS BUT SUCH IS LIFE
And by the way about the best u/18 player in the comp what about J.KELLY ONLY 16 LAST YEAR
Sorry to all the other good player i have left out i only wish they would bring back rep footy for the U.M.F.L. Max

Snifferdog i've came up with list of players going back from season 2010 to now.Iknow i've left out alot of good players from certain clubs only because i have forgotten their names and not quite sure of their age,but this is a group of players that most of them could play either end of the field.The ones that have ? marks next to their names mite over 22 yrs of age now.

B. A.Star[cudg] K.Richards[tumba] N.Star[cudg]

H.B.M.Nichols[bull] P.Bird[tumba] J.Jarvis[cudg]

C.McKimmie[fed] M.Connors[fed] Forrest[fed]

H.F. M.Collins[fed] S.Brook[tumba] T.Hayes?[b/w]

F. J.Kelly[tumba] K.Hunt?[b/w] Greenhill[b/w]

FOLL. N.Molkinten[tumba] H.Tyrell[fed] Curran[bull]
Ihave named a 6 man bench.

Q.Rooney[tumba] K.Corrin[corry] J.Waters[tumba]
A.Tyrell[fed] Pineapples[cudg] R.Harnett[tumba]

The player that i would appoint as capt to lead this team into battle if he could control himself on an off the field would be Simon Brook with v/c T.Hayes.I KNOW I'M GOING COP SOME SHIT OVER THIS BUT SUCH IS LIFE
And by the way about the best u/18 player in the comp what about J.KELLY ONLY 16 LAST YEAR
Sorry to all the other good player i have left out i only wish they would bring back rep footy for the U.M.F.L. Max

Only a couple of corrections Max,Kane Richards is 24,Kiel and Tim are 23,and you left out Todd Nelson who I do admit is also 23 and not far off the best CHB or FB in the comp,but all in all a good side,Iwould like a young side like that to take on the older men in the UMFL,that would bring out the locals.

Can anyone start naming recruits Corryong won Dan McGuinnes i know other clubs through some serios coin at him were did he play last year
Tangers is no dead certainty to be running around in Demon colours this year, word is he is looking at going up north for work. If he does play he should be handy. I think only putting Corrin in from our club is a bit harsh max. He has heaps of potential but he was really a man against boys in the 3rds comp last year i'm looking forward to seeing how he goes this season. I think Jarrod Cass is our second most valuable player to Evan (Tangers included), is our V/C and is only 19 or 20 and you can't find a spot for him Maxie??? Jethro Peck and Levi Hayes would easily make that side as they had good seasons for us last year and are barely out of their teens. So Tiger when are you and Todd getting married:confused: I hear your his number one fan:D:D:D

Tangers is no dead certainty to be running around in Demon colours this year, word is he is looking at going up north for work. If he does play he should be handy. I think only putting Corrin in from our club is a bit harsh max. He has heaps of potential but he was really a man against boys in the 3rds comp last year i'm looking forward to seeing how he goes this season. I think Jarrod Cass is our second most valuable player to Evan (Tangers included), is our V/C and is only 19 or 20 and you can't find a spot for him Maxie??? Jethro Peck and Levi Hayes would easily make that side as they had good seasons for us last year and are barely out of their teens. So Tiger when are you and Todd getting married:confused: I hear your his number one fan:D:D:D

Demon, I could name 4 or 5 players from Corryong better than Cass, good player in a god awful team, but he is a good hearted kid and think as his team gets better he should too. Not sure how many games you saw of your team but I know when Cudgy played them, only 4 players looked of standard, your two coaches, Gilcrist and Peck.

Maxi, handy effort on your team, (demon) the last two mentioned above (gilcrist and Peck) would be the only corryong players I would have put in.

Anyway why are we talking about Corryong for, I want to know about Bullioh, absolute crickets coming from the cesspit.

Demon,Todd and I will tie the knot if you can loan us one of your dresses,that of course is when you get them back from the dry/cleaners,and as for Corryong haveing ANYBODY in MAXIE,S side,well other than Corrin there isnt anyone who would get a run in anyother UMFL side.

Demon,Todd and I will tie the knot if you can loan us one of your dresses,that of course is when you get them back from the dry/cleaners,and as for Corryong haveing ANYBODY in MAXIE,S side,well other than Corrin there isnt anyone who would get a run in anyother UMFL side.

Dont know to much about this league? But did notice Bullioh only got 1 kid in Maxies under 22 side, Does Bullioh have no good kids coming up?????
:confused:

Dont know to much about this league? But did notice Bullioh only got 1 kid in Maxies under 22 side, Does Bullioh have no good kids coming up?????
:confused:

Blues2012 i did name 2 guys from Bullioh i will let you work it out which one is the second one and as i said i left out alot of good players because i was'nt quite sure of their age, as Tiger pointed-out i did get acouple of players ages wrong.In my last 4 years as coach of the Tumbarumba F.C. I went to 4 funerals 3 of them players and one my beautiful daughter YASMIN who played netball for the Cudgewa .F.C. and Tumba F.C.
I know the U.M.F.L. no longer play rep footy except for juniors,so this is what i'm prepared to do Locals verses Travellers.Iwill put up $2000 $500 TO THE BEST PLAYER FROM EACH TEAM THE OTHER $1000 TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF JUNIOR FOOTY IN THE UPPER MURRAY WHICH I WILL HONOR FOR THE NEXT 10 YEARS.The games to alternate each year from ALB/WOD an UPPER MURRAY.Allgate takings to be divided between the upper murry clubs but can't be spend on player payments must go to improving each club wether equipment or club rooms .This is about as close as you will get to rep footy.Will be interesting to see which players are prepared to play a game for no match payment and give somethink back to the game that has given them so much.People who know me know i stand by my word.max

Blues2012 i did name 2 guys from Bullioh i will let you work it out which one is the second one and as i said i left out alot of good players because i was'nt quite sure of their age, as Tiger pointed-out i did get acouple of players ages wrong.In my last 4 years as coach of the Tumbarumba F.C. I went to 4 funerals 3 of them players and one my beautiful daughter YASMIN who played netball for the Cudgewa .F.C. and Tumba F.C.
I know the U.M.F.L. no longer play rep footy except for juniors,so this is what i'm prepared to do Locals verses Travellers.Iwill put up $2000 $500 TO THE BEST PLAYER FROM EACH TEAM THE OTHER $1000 TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF JUNIOR FOOTY IN THE UPPER MURRAY WHICH I WILL HONOR FOR THE NEXT 10 YEARS.The games to alternate each year from ALB/WOD an UPPER MURRAY.Allgate takings to be divided between the upper murry clubs but can't be spend on player payments must go to improving each club wether equipment or club rooms .This is about as close as you will get to rep footy.Will be interesting to see which players are prepared to play a game for no match payment and give somethink back to the game that has given them so much.People who know me know i stand by my word.max

I do apologize as i didn't see Curran for Bullioh in your junior side, I'm truly sorry to hear of loses of young friends and your daughter Yasmin.
Something like this type of game would be great for the league and the people and unfortunately we would get some players that wont play in honour of the great game as we know to well it goes on in every other league when it comes to Rep football.
Netball could be involved and maybe reserves grade football too and we mite be able to find some sponsors.
How would you go about setting up such a day? Would be be happy to help any sort of way :footy::footy::footy:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do apologize as i didn't see Curran for Bullioh in your junior side, I'm truly sorry to hear of loses of young friends and your daughter Yasmin.
Something like this type of game would be great for the league and the people and unfortunately we would get some players that wont play in honour of the great game as we know to well it goes on in every other league when it comes to Rep football.
Netball could be involved and maybe reserves grade football too and we mite be able to find some sponsors.
How would you go about setting up such a day? Would be be happy to help any sort of way :footy::footy::footy:
Blue2012 thanks for your support.To this to happen the League the clubs and player would have to want to support this which i don't have a say in.Its just away of raising money for the league an clubs and investing in their juniors also another game of footy[closes we will get to rep footy].
This season is out due to the draw is already out.If you want to get in touch with me someone up there will know my mobile number and we can talk face to face[don't worry i won't tell anyone who you are cheers mate]
max

Blue2012 thanks for your support.To this to happen the League the clubs and player would have to want to support this which i don't have a say in.Its just away of raising money for the league an clubs and investing in their juniors also another game of footy[closes we will get to rep footy].
This season is out due to the draw is already out.If you want to get in touch with me someone up there will know my mobile number and we can talk face to face[don't worry i won't tell anyone who you are cheers mate]
max

Sounds good Max, this league should have a pre season round robin comp, weekend where every one plays everyone in 2x 20min qtrs? I used to play in one in QLD years ago, maybe this would be more suitable? seems to be alot of hate in this league between clubs more than any other league i have seen.
I waiting to see this years draw as sporting pulse still aint updated their site.:footy::footy::footy:

Sounds good Max, this league should have a pre season round robin comp, weekend where every one plays everyone in 2x 20min qtrs? I used to play in one in QLD years ago, maybe this would be more suitable? seems to be alot of hate in this league between clubs more than any other league i have seen.
I waiting to see this years draw as sporting pulse still aint updated their site.:footy::footy::footy:

The 2012 draw is finally out:footy::footy::footy:not long now

Blue2012 around robin comp wouldn't work due to all clubs are farming communities plus getting enough players available.What i put up could be rostered on one of the bye weekends which i think they have 3 during the season.Even if the league tried it once and then held it every second year ,it's a good way of raising money for the clubs. Tiger good to see young Boothy take on the ressies coaching roll,he will do a good job i wish him all the best. max

Blue2012 around robin comp wouldn't work due to all clubs are farming communities plus getting enough players available.What i put up could be rostered on one of the bye weekends which i think they have 3 during the season.Even if the league tried it once and then held it every second year ,it's a good way of raising money for the clubs. Tiger good to see young Boothy take on the ressies coaching roll,he will do a good job i wish him all the best. max

Interesting reading, not exactly sure what an intra UMFL comp would prove exactly, other than a bit of junior revenue raising but at least it is an idea. Would it not be simpler to play against Canberra AFL Div 3 or 4 or Omeo and District interleague or even the VAFA Division 4 out of Melbourne. Might be a bit of travel involved but Im sure if rep jumpers were on offer guys would play, i know if I was still playing and could still run more than 100m before needing a beer id jump at the chance.

I reckon i could pick the first round right now:

Federals
Bullioh
Cudgewa

Interesting reading, not exactly sure what an intra UMFL comp would prove exactly, other than a bit of junior revenue raising but at least it is an idea. Would it not be simpler to play against Canberra AFL Div 3 or 4 or Omeo and District interleague or even the VAFA Division 4 out of Melbourne. Might be a bit of travel involved but Im sure if rep jumpers were on offer guys would play, i know if I was still playing and could still run more than 100m before needing a beer id jump at the chance.

I reckon i could pick the first round right now:

Federals
Bullioh
Cudgewa

Its not going to prove anything a pre season comp, Just like the wodonga bulldogs pre-season comp proves nothing, But it gives players a bit of a hit out and match fitness and coaches a chance to see their side before the season starts.
Rep footy is totally different as its during the season and based on the best 21 from the league that aint injured and can comitt on that weekend.
What Max is talking about is a mixture of things but at the end of the day its for development of the juniors and building for the future:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:
Everyone's idea's would have their ups and downs:confused::confused:
Which 2nds side is Boothy coaching.:footy:

And i think your on the right track with your 1st round picks.

Any more recruiting news

quote=blues2012;23270488]Its not going to prove anything a pre season comp, Just like the wodonga bulldogs pre-season comp proves nothing, But it gives players a bit of a hit out and match fitness and coaches a chance to see their side before the season starts.
Rep footy is totally different as its during the season and based on the best 21 from the league that aint injured and can comitt on that weekend.
What Max is talking about is a mixture of things but at the end of the day its for development of the juniors and building for the future:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

[Any more recruiting news[/quote]
News out of holbrook hickey will never be welcome back at the club and is playing at bullioh, corryong has signed ben parker from tallangatta

quote=blues2012;23270488]Its not going to prove anything a pre season comp, Just like the wodonga bulldogs pre-season comp proves nothing, But it gives players a bit of a hit out and match fitness and coaches a chance to see their side before the season starts.

[Any more recruiting news
News out of holbrook hickey will never be welcome back at the club and is playing at bullioh, corryong has signed ben parker from tallangatta[/QUOTE]

Whats Hickey done? Must be pretty bad not to be welcome back????
Root the Presidents wife or something??

News out of holbrook hickey will never be welcome back at the club and is playing at bullioh, corryong has signed ben parker from tallangatta

Root the Presidents wife or something??[/quote]

Blue2012 Boothy is coaching B/W ressies and will do a good job should be again a top 4 side.
Well that would be good news to Bullioh that Tom Hickey is staying on.
Blue2012 T.Hickey is a very good footballer abit lazy at times but who isn't and putting footy aside i find him to be a great bloke and would have no problem buying him a beer,so i hope all sides have a good C.H.B.
They would have to be at least as good as Nelson from B/W.
To play rep footy for your league it would cost the league anywhere between $5000-$8000 which the clubs would have to contribute to my idea cost nothing but peoples time and energy.Iwill be at Tumba vBullioh 1st game at Tumba.GO ROO'S.max

Great idea in theory Max but as you should know we are far from the most progressive league going around. Our blokes talked about playing an annual sunday game against Feds after having a great crowd attend a VCFL game of the day a few years back but in the end nothing became of it and was just TALK.:thumbsdown: The problem with our comp is that all clubs have a say and they will ALWAYS put their own interest's ahead of the league, Bullioh get the granny every year and have they spent a cent on their ground? NO. But they don't have any problems recruiting top quality players.:rolleyes: Sadly the clubs only think of short term success and never the long term future of the league.:thumbsdown:

I'd love to see interleague footy come back but who are we gunna play against?:confused:
P.S. If Bullioh don't want Hickey send him up our way, we need a good goal kicker

Great idea in theory Max but as you should know we are far from the most progressive league going around. Our blokes talked about playing an annual sunday game against Feds after having a great crowd attend a VCFL game of the day a few years back but in the end nothing became of it and was just TALK.:thumbsdown: The problem with our comp is that all clubs have a say and they will ALWAYS put their own interest's ahead of the league, Bullioh get the granny every year and have they spent a cent on their ground? NO. But they don't have any problems recruiting top quality players.:rolleyes: Sadly the clubs only think of short term success and never the long term future of the league.:thumbsdown:

I'd love to see interleague footy come back but who are we gunna play against?:confused:
P.S. If Bullioh don't want Hickey send him up our way, we need a good goal kicker

Demon, I heard a whisper one of your coaches also tried to get an ANZAC game against federals too, but was shut down pretty quickly. Also refer to my earlier post for whom you guys in the UMFL could play.

Have to agree with you with Bullioh. Went and saw the grand final and nothing had changed since I played back a few years ago. Maybe the TDFL and Bullioh could have a comp for the worst grand final location in country football, cow paddock for most of the year for one and s*it hole for the other.

Hickey, wouldnt kick a goal if he had to get his own ball, put him in a Tallangatta, Wodonga Saints, Corryong, Walla and he would struggle massively, would say he mucked up big time with the service he would have recieved at the brookers.

Root the Presidents wife or something??

Blue2012 Boothy is coaching B/W ressies and will do a good job should be again a top 4 side.
Well that would be good news to Bullioh that Tom Hickey is staying on.
Blue2012 T.Hickey is a very good footballer abit lazy at times but who isn't and putting footy aside i find him to be a great bloke and would have no problem buying him a beer,so i hope all sides have a good C.H.B.
They would have to be at least as good as Nelson from B/W.
To play rep footy for your league it would cost the league anywhere between $5000-$8000 which the clubs would have to contribute to my idea cost nothing but peoples time and energy.Iwill be at Tumba vBullioh 1st game at Tumba.GO ROO'S.max[/QUOTE]

**** me thats alot of $$$$ for a Rep game, not worth it up there is it???
Anyone that can kick a few goals is a asset to any side, Bullioh purse must be drying up and credit to them if they can go 5 but i think 2nd and 3rd from last year will be the 1 to finish Bulliohs run of success..:footy::footy::footy:

Remove this Banner Ad

Upper Murray Football League 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back