Upper Murray Football League 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

:footy::footy::footy:
chopper not in the know about Voight, but yeah he would be a huge lose for Cudgewa, not many clearances in from any one besides Tumba.
BLUES2012

the boys that walwa signed have signed a 2 year vcfl contract with the saints,how hard is it to get out of a contract, is k. hunt back this year and would he make an impact in another league

the boys that walwa signed have signed a 2 year vcfl contract with the saints,how hard is it to get out of a contract, is k. hunt back this year and would he make an impact in another league

Was it David Steer from Wang (O&M) who tried to cross to North Wangaratta, but was still under contract and missed out on the 2011 season? I would have thought it was hard for him to get out of a vcfl contract, but I guess it will be up to the discretion of Wodonga Saints and if the boys going across to B/W are in the saints plans. I see Bullioh losing there b&f from last year, that was kept quiet. Hickey will play for only Bullioh or not at all this year. The three boys cleared for corry so far are pretty much replacements for the 3 seniors blokes who didnt play for most of last year (ladgrove and co) but your right, there is a long way to go, but like all big tasks you gotta start somewhere.

Was it David Steer from Wang (O&M) who tried to cross to North Wangaratta, but was still under contract and missed out on the 2011 season? I would have thought it was hard for him to get out of a vcfl contract, but I guess it will be up to the discretion of Wodonga Saints and if the boys going across to B/W are in the saints plans. I see Bullioh losing there b&f from last year, that was kept quiet. Hickey will play for only Bullioh or not at all this year. The three boys cleared for corry so far are pretty much replacements for the 3 seniors blokes who didnt play for most of last year (ladgrove and co) but your right, there is a long way to go, but like all big tasks you gotta start somewhere.

:footy:
only way a player can get out of a contract is if the club the player is departing is prepared to release them, otherwise take it to the Board at VCFL and that cost more than $5000 and doesn't guarantee a clearance either.
Nth Wang didnt want to gamble over $5000 on Steery so i couldn't see Border Walwa going that far for the likes of M.Smith and Fabris can you???:)
:footy:Blues2012

Kiel Hunt is back and is playing with B/W,and I think if he played elsewhere he would have to get a few yards more speed,that wont happen,he is very hard at the ball but just hasnt got the pace,if you get between him and the ball he,ll make you earn your kick just like THE KNUCKLE use to do.:footy:

How guys, in relation to practice matches Tumba playing Dubbo Demons in Annual Issac Cornell Memorial Cup. Even though Dubbo have recruited well in off season my money is on Tumba.

Should be a good battle on Tumbas home ground.

I hear cudgy are gunna lose josh jarvis to MONEY......sorry i mean r/w tigers, with him cody edwards and h.Tryrell. If what he is gunna get true in the way of money good luck to him, cudgy will miss him in the middle this year. I dont think cudgy will be as strong as some people think at this early stage and would probly have doggies and feds still above them and who knows about walwa and tumba till the season starts.

I hear cudgy are gunna lose josh jarvis to MONEY......sorry i mean r/w tigers, with him cody edwards and h.Tryrell.

All these boys will struggle to make it, maybe Jarvis would be a fringe player. I wouldn't believe there would be to much money getting offered. Rand have good onballers and ok big men i cant see were they would fit into there side

All these boys will struggle to make it, maybe Jarvis would be a fringe player. I wouldn't believe there would be to much money getting offered. Rand have good onballers and ok big men i cant see were they would fit into there side
word is one of those boys has over 300 reasons to take the long drive down and try their luck, at least that's something we don't have to worry about:p

I hear cudgy are gunna lose josh jarvis to MONEY......sorry i mean r/w tigers, with him cody edwards and h.Tryrell.

Don't know if your getting R/W mixed up with the Albury Tigers, however the Hume League isn't the O&M. Jarvis would fit into the side as either a changing mid, wing or flanker, and Tyrell could potentially play anywhere (depending on his fitness) Good on them for taking the money and having a crack at a better league. The only teams in the TDFL or Hume where any of them would be potential fringe players would be Thurgoona, Howlong, Holbrook Barny and Kiewa.

Finally some news on Bullioh, they have already recruited extremely well and if what I am hearing is true, they are better than last years premiership team, and I would put my money on them for a "michelle" (reference to a 5 wicket haul in cricket). Pretty much poached any one decent from tallangatta, so much so, tallangatta are struggling for a reserves team now. Good luck to everyone else!!!

Looks like cudgewa have bucked their trend of recruiting old blokes and have signed Mulligan and Nankervias from Murray Magpies. Well done to them looks like the same 2 teams will be playing off in the final this year

Wow and I thought that I made the biggest call of the season, only early days yet - anything can happen

Back to Border Walwa recruits boys, Mark Fabris wont get cleared from Wodonga saints and will now sit a year out while Matt Smith probs will get cleared but was told he is that unfit he wont get a run in their senior B/W side.
Luke Hawkins (B/W coach) has fractured his foot and will be sidelined for the next 8-10weeks:confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure how true it is but heard today that Adrian Williams is staying at Tumba,

Rat is close mates with Feds coach and with Max not at Tumba i say he will definatly be at Feds this year.
I see all the Riverena boys going to Tumba have been cleared there is another player in the race for premiership contention, and if the John Smedley is the John Smedley that played at Lavi 2 years ago there is another contender, this kid is a gun and will absolutley dominate the Upper Murray

Back to Border Walwa recruits boys, Mark Fabris wont get cleared from Wodonga saints and will now sit a year out while Matt Smith probs will get cleared but was told he is that unfit he wont get a run in their senior B/W side.
Luke Hawkins (B/W coach) has fractured his foot and will be sidelined for the next 8-10weeks:confused:

Interesting developments from the League meeting last night. Whisper around Wodonga is that the league is staying 16 a side with Corryong and Cudgewa the only 2 clubs to vote in favour of returning to 18 a side and Bullioh having a big sook about numerous things around the league. Good news for the clubs struggling for numbers, but i reckon this affects the viability of the league. When I played and it was 18 a side, it was real football with every single other league in Australia, and geez this makes the league more of a laughing stock than it already is. I will definitely be watching Fev this year instead of watching Bullioh win a mickey mouse 16 a side comp coz it suits them.

Interesting developments from the League meeting last night. Whisper around Wodonga is that the league is staying 16 a side with Corryong and Cudgewa the only 2 clubs to vote in favour of returning to 18 a side and Bullioh having a big sook about numerous things around the league. Good news for the clubs struggling for numbers, but i reckon this affects the viability of the league. When I played and it was 18 a side, it was real football with every single other league in Australia, and geez this makes the league more of a laughing stock than it already is. I will definitely be watching Fev this year instead of watching Bullioh win a mickey mouse 16 a side comp coz it suits them.
Thats fine saying go for 18 a side but don't whinge if your 2's (whoever that is) have forfeits against teams like Walwa, Feds and Tumba (when they play away games), even Bullioh played a couple of games a few short last season. It wasn't that long ago Corryong was playing 50 year olds in the seniors let alone field a reserves so it sounds a bit short sighted.:rolleyes:

I think its not just the seniors that counts but the competiton as a whole. My only advice would be to put the juniors up to the traditional U/17's and U/14's from 16's and 13's.

Thats fine saying go for 18 a side but don't whinge if your 2's (whoever that is) have forfeits against teams like Walwa, Feds and Tumba (when they play away games), even Bullioh played a couple of games a few short last season. It wasn't that long ago Corryong was playing 50 year olds in the seniors let alone field a reserves so it sounds a bit short sighted.:rolleyes:

I think its not just the seniors that counts but the competiton as a whole. My only advice would be to put the juniors up to the traditional U/17's and U/14's from 16's and 13's.

Would like to see the senior sides back to 18 a side atleast, I agree with uping the junors to U/17, than these 17 years olds can double up and sit in a pocket ,wing and bench to make up numbers in the reserves.
In the reserves as long as everyone is getting a run and having some fun.
:thumbsu:

S Dog how good would the UMFL be if Tallangatta and Bethanga Saints joined in this league to make it a 8 team comp, Every club needs junior football.
Blues2012

In theory it would be the best thing to ever happen to the league, i think it would give the league credit outside the upper murray. But the practical side is that it would probably destroy the league, every club knows how hard it is to compete financially against Bullioh who are so much closer to Albury/Wodonga and to put 2 more sides within that distance would see Corryong, Feds, Cudgewa and Walwa probably fold or have to merge

In theory it would be the best thing to ever happen to the league, i think it would give the league credit outside the upper murray. But the practical side is that it would probably destroy the league, every club knows how hard it is to compete financially against Bullioh who are so much closer to Albury/Wodonga and to put 2 more sides within that distance would see Corryong, Feds, Cudgewa and Walwa probably fold or have to merge

Some merit to that argument, however is it more a reflection from the poor recruiting strategies from the people on the recruiting committees etc. For example Tumba are doing the right thing this year and having people only from Wagga and Tumba play for the club, smart move by molky, and have also recruited players to play both seniors and ressies, therefore making them competitive in both. Cudgy obviously recruiting out of Jindera for both their seniors and ressies numbers. Feds obviously never struggle to field a gun senior team but at the same end barely field a reserves team (yes i know its only ressies but 6 full participating teams is what the league needs) and same to Border Walwa (apparantly) Anyway the point is maybe we are missing the actual reason why it is 16 on the field instead of 18. If clubs made the recruiting priority of fielding a reserves team as well as obviously a great senior team then all 6 clubs could vote in favour of 18 a side, however clubs dont realise the bigger picture that having the seniors potentially with 18 a side means guys who accepted roles for recruiting need to make the effort for reserves not just seniors.

In regard to an earlier post interesting to see that the finals will still be a floating destination with most clubs blocking a motion to have the grand final based out of corryong/cudgewa, and even worse squabbling over whether to use sherrins or burleys? Maybe the priority for people off all clubs should be who cares what footy we use, maybe you should look at getting player numbers in all grades including juniors to make this league more viable for the Voight's, Hickeys and other great local players to come play in the UMFL.

Some merit to that argument, however is it more a reflection from the poor recruiting strategies from the people on the recruiting committees etc.

Homebake you obviously do just that and stay at home and bake instead of getting heavily involved in your club. An average Upper Murray player budget with there coach included is what some Hume and Tallangatta pay just for their coach. Who would want to drive an hour and a half to play footy for half of what they can get playing 20 minutes away. I know Billy and Pearcey and evan max never held back on the phone when trying to recruit.
From what i hear Bullioh have about 3 times the budget as most and alot closer to town hence their dominance.
MONEY GETS PLAYERS not recruiting stratergies, you some times have to take what you can get

Some merit to that argument, however is it more a reflection from the poor recruiting strategies from the people on the recruiting committees etc.

Homebake you obviously do just that and stay at home and bake instead of getting heavily involved in your club. An average Upper Murray player budget with there coach included is what some Hume and Tallangatta pay just for their coach. Who would want to drive an hour and a half to play footy for half of what they can get playing 20 minutes away. I know Billy and Pearcey and evan max never held back on the phone when trying to recruit.
From what i hear Bullioh have about 3 times the budget as most and alot closer to town hence their dominance.
MONEY GETS PLAYERS not recruiting stratergies, you some times have to take what you can get

There was a post in the Hume League thread a while back saying there is not many $200 - $250 type players around this year or lately or something and that those players add depth. For me I think you should get a very good player for that money in Hume or UM or TDFL. Roughly how many guys would get that money in an Upper Murray team?? 4 or 5 then locals I would have guessed? Anyone know.

There was a post in the Hume League thread a while back saying there is not many $200 - $250 type players around this year or lately or something and that those players add depth. For me I think you should get a very good player for that money in Hume or UM or TDFL. Roughly how many guys would get that money in an Upper Murray team?? 4 or 5 then locals I would have guessed? Anyone know.

i would say 1 maybe 2 but there isn't many locals left most of the sides don't even train at their home grounds

If Bullioh does have 3 times the funding of other clubs to recruit their players, then its the League who have helped them be in this position by allowing them to host the GF for the past 4 years and having the gate takings!. Lets see what would the gate be at a GF in UMFL? Then add food and piss!

And before anyone says it - I know that the end goal is to play in a GF on your home ground in front of friends family and supporters WELL Bullioh has F*ck all of them anyway!

If Bullioh does have 3 times the funding of other clubs to recruit their players, then its the League who have helped them be in this position by allowing them to host the GF for the past 4 years and having the gate takings!. Lets see what would the gate be at a GF in UMFL? Then add food and piss!
At the end of the day the club's had the chance to change the format at one of last years league meetings but all the clubs who whinged about it had their chance to vote on it but they firmly voted with a NO, they only have themselves to blame if they don't have the balls to put their money where their mouth is.:thumbsdown:

I'd go for a Corryong grand final and play the rest of the finals at Cudgy which has the best surface and never gets boggy. All clubs would share the catering rights with the bottom 2 clubs getting the Grand Final procedes. Pity for the netballers their courts are a disgrace, basically unsafe and a lawsuit waiting to happen so i'd play those finals on the other netball courts near the sports club. By Grand Final day the Corryong ground will be cherry ripe after a 4 week break from games. Any thoughts?:confused:

At the end of the day the club's had the chance to change the format at one of last years league meetings but all the clubs who whinged about it had their chance to vote on it but they firmly voted with a NO, they only have themselves to blame if they don't have the balls to put their money where their mouth is.:thumbsdown:

I'd go for a Corryong grand final and play the rest of the finals at Cudgy which has the best surface and never gets boggy. All clubs would share the catering rights with the bottom 2 clubs getting the Grand Final procedes. Pity for the netballers their courts are a disgrace, basically unsafe and a lawsuit waiting to happen so i'd play those finals on the other netball courts near the sports club. By Grand Final day the Corryong ground will be cherry ripe after a 4 week break from games. Any thoughts?:confused:

Maybe like the Ovens and King finals system which works great after being changed in recent years, all finals are played a different grounds with good facilities and the judy/work is mixed around too, than the Grandfinal is played on Wang Magpies ground and since this has happened Gate takens, food and Beer sales have all doubled just about and everyone is happier.

Here's my thoughts Toe Cutter play finals at grounds and clubs with better facilities and with the Judy/work being mixed around to all clubs in UMFL, but the Big Grandfinal day played at Tallangatta football ground.
Not a bad ground and Netball court, attract bigger crowds and I think the club facilities would be up in the mix with UMFL club facilities:confused::confused:

What do reckon :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Upper Murray Football League 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back