"Urgent" board meeting now

Remove this Banner Ad

Shinboner Day

"This day is called the feast of Shinboner: He that outlives this day, and comes safe home, Will stand a tip-toe when the day is named, And rouse him at the name of North Melbourne. He that shall live this day, and see old age, Will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbours, And say 'To-morrow is Shinboner Day:' Then will he strip his sleeve and show his scars. And say 'These wounds I had on Shinboner day.'

Old men forget: yet all shall be forgot, But he'll remember with advantages What feats he did that day: then shall our names. Familiar in his mouth as household words Glenn the Archer, Schimmelbusch and Aylett, Teasdale and Dench, and Dugdale, Be in their flowing cups freshly remember'd.

This story shall the good man teach his son; And Shinboners shall ne'er go by, From this day to the ending of the world, But we in it shall be remember'd;

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he to-day that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile, This day shall gentle his condition: And journalists in Melbourne now a-bed Shall think themselves accursed they were not here, And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Shinboner day"

With apologies to "Shaky Bill" (Henry V)

Tear-jerking, that.

I hope you guys are on the money...This is The Age's take on the meeting

Kangaroos directors have met in Melbourne on Monday amid speculation the AFL club will soon decide whether to move permanently to the Gold Coast.

The Kangaroos confirmed a meeting was held on Monday, with a full board meeting to be held on Wednesday.

But the club declined to comment on the prospect of relocating to the Gold Coast, or whether discussions on the issue had taken place at Monday's meeting or were on the agenda for Wednesday.

The AFL is keen to base a club permanently on the Gold Coast from 2010, and the Kangaroos will play four home-and-away matches at Carrara next season after playing three there in 2007.

Any move to relocate the Kangaroos is sure to attract a backlash from rank-and-file Victorian-based fans.

Current Kangaroos chairman Graham Duff will officially stand down at Wednesday's board meeting, where a vote is likely to be taken on who will succeed him.

Kangaroos directors have met in Melbourne on Monday amid speculation the AFL club will soon decide whether to move permanently to the Gold Coast.

The Kangaroos confirmed a meeting was held on Monday, with a full board meeting to be held on Wednesday.

But the club declined to comment on the prospect of relocating to the Gold Coast, or whether discussions on the issue had taken place at Monday's meeting or were on the agenda for Wednesday.

The AFL is keen to base a club permanently on the Gold Coast from 2010, and the Kangaroos will play four home-and-away matches at Carrara next season after playing three there in 2007.

Any move to relocate the Kangaroos is sure to attract a backlash from rank-and-file Victorian-based fans.

Current Kangaroos chairman Graham Duff will officially stand down at Wednesday's board meeting, where a vote is likely to be taken on who will succeed him.

So someone from the Age has read Bigfooty, found out that the meeting was on, tried to get a comment from the club but couldn't, hence this "nothing" piece of information. Lets hope some good news finally arrives though, or we won't take it at all well...

In fact I'd say if the club deliberately tried to keep the meeting a secret in order to keep AFL and one or two rats on the board out of our affairs, they would not appreciate gokangas posting this information on this forum. Now the AFL knows the meeting took place as well. I can just see some frantic calls being made to Carter and Head right about now.

"We read Bigfooty, we knew stuff all, but people met other people today. No-one told us. Bastards.

"We rang them. The person who answered laughed, confirmed we were from The Age, cleared their throat in a threating tone and said the words '**** off' and 'arseh*le' in a barely audible tone. But we heard it. Sources!!"

"That's all we have. We will now provide some starting and damaging facts our researchers have found by scouring the AFL fixture. We also dusted off the ancient 2006 fixture. Dead Sea Scrolls are overrated."

"And we would know. Those mail bombs and threating letters aren't posting themselves"

Current Kangaroos chairman Graham Duff will officially stand down at Wednesday's board meeting, where a vote is likely to be taken on who will succeed him

The Age. First with da scoop.

Pillocks.

"We read Bigfooty, we knew stuff all, but people met other people today. No-one told us. Bastards.

"We rang them. The person who answered laughed, confirmed we were from The Age, cleared their throat in a threating tone and said the words '**** off' and 'arseh*le' in a barely audible tone. But we heard it. Sources!!"

"That's all we have. We will now provide some starting and damaging facts our researchers have found by scouring the AFL fixture. We also dusted off the ancient 2006 fixture. Dead Sea Scrolls are overrated."

"And we would know. Those mail bombs and threating letters aren't posting themselves"

The Age. First with da scoop.

Pillocks.

Haha, pure ownage.

Let me guess a Cow-ro article.. mole

Shinboner Day

"This day is called the feast of Shinboner: He that outlives this day, and comes safe home, Will stand a tip-toe when the day is named, And rouse him at the name of North Melbourne. He that shall live this day, and see old age, Will yearly on the vigil feast his neighbours, And say 'To-morrow is Shinboner Day:' Then will he strip his sleeve and show his scars. And say 'These wounds I had on Shinboner day.'

Old men forget: yet all shall be forgot, But he'll remember with advantages What feats he did that day: then shall our names. Familiar in his mouth as household words Glenn the Archer, Schimmelbusch and Aylett, Teasdale and Dench, and Dugdale, Be in their flowing cups freshly remember'd.

This story shall the good man teach his son; And Shinboners shall ne'er go by, From this day to the ending of the world, But we in it shall be remember'd;

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he to-day that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile, This day shall gentle his condition: And journalists in Melbourne now a-bed Shall think themselves accursed they were not here, And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Shinboner day"

With apologies to "Shaky Bill" (Henry V)
[YOUTUBE]NA3gOST4Pc8[/YOUTUBE]

Remove this Banner Ad

"Urgent" board meeting now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back