US Holiday

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I could live in NY, for sure. Loved the whole vibe of it.

Apparently for people who go on the west to east visit and stop in Alberqueque that place REALLY LOOKS LIKE what it looks like on that TV Show Breaking Bad

Anyway what America constitutes your America?

[youtube]rlnegZzNZAs[/youtube]

or Idiosyncratic, quirky, Gothic America ->

[youtube]Zmgjwog4dI0[/youtube]

Yeah I could live in NY, for sure. Loved the whole vibe of it.

I loved NY, every day since coming home whenever I see something NYC related I want to go back. That being said, did feel the need to get out of there after a few weeks. It was just far too busy, too often for me. What I did enjoy was getting right out of midtown, into the Bronx and out near Coney Island where it was much slower paced.

2 Months for me :p

The Dollar is killing me now, don't know what to do

3 months for me.

Missed buying it at $1.10 ($1.05 in the banks with the conversion and their profits) but got it at $1.04 (0.99 c).

Don't quote me on it but if we follow past trends, we should a 4 or 5 cent spike in the next few weeks (months) before returning towards parody.

Don't quote me on it but if we follow past trends, we should a 4 or 5 cent spike in the next few weeks (months) before returning towards parody.

Too bad quoted. :p

I should really pay for my Trek America tour + open up a bank account with some American dosh in it shouldnt I, when the dollar peaks...

And fair enuff too I finally get ahead with the Yank dollar- i was over there in 01 and 03, and the Aussie dollar was ****ed up the arse back then. :mad:

Too bad quoted. :p

Touche :)

I should really pay for my Trek America tour + open up a bank account with some American dosh in it shouldnt I, when the dollar peaks...

And fair enuff too I finally get ahead with the Yank dollar- i was over there in 01 and 03, and the Aussie dollar was ****ed up the arse back then. :mad:

We got the Commonwealth bank travel money card with mastercard

However, If you haven't got it now, I would wait and watch it. Monitor the 'selling rate' at different banks and once it gets over dollar for dollar, then buy it. The 'selling rate' is about 0.96 ATM.

We also got stung by the dollar being about 0.50 cents as well years ago.

No matter how "great our economy is" or how great our "worlds best treasurer" is the rest of world still thinks of us as a dumb blonde - looks good but not much else.

Our dollar struggles to rise - only a few points a day but when it is on the nose the world fin markets abandon it.

No matter how "great our economy is" or how great our "worlds best treasurer" is the rest of world still thinks of us as a dumb blonde - looks good but not much else.

Our dollar struggles to rise - only a few points a day but when it is on the nose the world fin markets abandon it.

I find that very hard to believe. The Australia economy is extremely well respected.

I think it's more of the fact the Australian economy is so inconsequential simply for the size of our population. In comparison to China, and the USA - our economy is small time.

Just interested in why you say this ?

have you visited any of the residential areas of NYC? ie anything between 14th street and canal or Brooklyn heights?

Not having a go just saying that if your NYC experience has only been staying in midtown then don't paint the whole town by that brush.

I've actually been right through the State of New York. The first time I went we drove through New England and up to New York.

Just not a place I could live.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See what i mean 96.9 :eek:

Dollar is still undervalued. US$ is way overvalued at the moment. Both currencies going on past history atm.

totally agree but when the world markets gets the jitters where do they run to ? The USA.

Regardless of how bad their economy is the world is still confident they will get themselves out of trouble - likewise no matter how good our economy is the world thinks we are just a collection of holes in the ground.

totally agree but when the world markets gets the jitters where do they run to ? The USA.

Regardless of how bad their economy is the world is still confident they will get themselves out of trouble - likewise no matter how good our economy is the world thinks we are just a collection of holes in the ground.

Of course, their population is approx. 220,000,000 people - ours is approx. 20,000,000 people.

Last quarter the United States of America created 125,000 places of employment and it didn't make any impact on their level of unemployment.

Approximate numbers for Australia is something like 5% unemployment at of 20,000,000 people would be 100,000 jobs.

So creating enough jobs to cover 1 quarter for the USA would wipe out our unemployment. Of course it doesn't work like that but it's evident that size if the important factor.

Size matters and they have far grater level of importance on a global scale, especially in economic terms because of their population size. Our economy isn't important but the strategies, principles and money programs we implement are. I have more faith in Wayne Swan running an economy than Timothy Geithner or Barack Obama.

Of course, their population is approx. 220,000,000 people - ours is approx. 20,000,000 people.

Last quarter the United States of America created 125,000 places of employment and it didn't make any impact on their level of unemployment.

Approximate numbers for Australia is something like 5% unemployment at of 20,000,000 people would be 100,000 jobs.

Size matters and they have far grater level of importance on a global scale, especially in economic terms because of their population size. Our economy isn't important but the strategies, principles and money programs we implement are. I have more faith in Wayne Swan running an economy than Timothy Geithner or Barack Obama.

mate i totally agree!

i wish the world would think this way though.

mate i totally agree!

i wish the world would think this way though.

They do (well some do anyway), hence why Wayne Swan won that award last week.

However because legislation in USA is wrong, doesn't make it practical. Too many people are in a position to make decision on what happens. change that and then the world economy will have a chance at recovering.

The American Dollar is seriously overvalued

They have 10 times as many people as Australia over there! I find their standard of workmanship shoddy at best! Unless youre going to pay through the nose with things

One thing I dont like about the states: The Food! Havent they heard of fresh produce before? My omnivorous nature and reluctance to consume cheese was pushed to the limit when I was out there in NY.

One thing I dont like about the states: The Food! Havent they heard of fresh produce before? My omnivorous nature and reluctance to consume cheese was pushed to the limit when I was out there in NY.
Are you talking about cheese in a can?:D So bad!!!

Shattered that the dollar has plumeted, new i should of exchanged a few bob when it was hovering around 1.10..

I always find it bizarre when the US economy gets rated shockingly, or their bonds get devalued, so everyone runs to safe assets...the US dollar. Never understand economics.

I've actually been right through the State of New York. The first time I went we drove through New England and up to New York.

Just not a place I could live.

Have you been to williamsburg? I'm staying here again and I can honestly say that i would move here in a second. It is so homey. Kicks the shit out of manhattan.

The American Dollar is seriously overvalued

They have 10 times as many people as Australia over there! I find their standard of workmanship shoddy at best! Unless youre going to pay through the nose with things

Are you kidding? The food in NY is fantastic, especially the pizza.

I actually had vietnemese last night, not expecting much given the amazing viet I get in melbourne. Anyway it was brilliant. I have not had a bad meal here. I rate the food very highly. Not only that but groceries are cheap and very good. I bought a weeks suppply of organic fruit and veg (rasberries, strawberries, blueberries, cantelope, chard, red/orange/yellow/green capsicum, broccoli and much more) for $40. I would have paid atleast double that in melbourne.

The food here rocks (again, ESPECIALLY the pizza - my god!!)

ps. you get 2 punnets of rasberries for $5. In australia you would pay atleast 3 times that. Australia is a very expensive country. Even more expensive than london in terms of groceries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back