Grand Slam US Open 2022 (29 Aug-11 Sept)

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd say Nadal still looms large. Quite amazingly at his age.

But Kyrgios has the game and talent to beat anyone. It's whether we trust his mental game when things aren't going his way.

Agree but on that court in the form he is in I reckon my money would be on Kyrgios if I was a betting man.

I think the penny has finally dropped and I expect him to win a couple of majors now.

Checked the odds, Nick is the marginal favourite over Nadal. I'd surprised he is favourite though, each match is another opportunity for him to melt down.

Personally I think this isn't a big factor anymore, he appears to have found a way to channel it.

On paper Nick is the most in form mens tennis player this year. He would have beaten any other player in the Wimbledon final Joker aside.

This aged well

Garcia has steamrolled through. She’s looking VERY good. Samasova played horrific worst she’s played in months I haven’t checked the stats but if she didn’t hit 40UE plus I’d be shocked and that’s like triple what she’s made the entire US swing. Still tipping Garcia not sure who against

Having caught up on the past 6 pages, just can't seem to find the post where you admit you we're totally wrong

He played well, Mededev played poor but Nick played well. I’m surprised he got through but I’d be shocked if he wins still Alcatraz and Nadal at least to get through. That’s if Nick doesn’t meltdown against Khatxhanov or something. The others won’t be too tough, your Norrie, Ruud and these types on a hard court should be no trouble

He played well, Mededev played poor but Nick played well. I’m surprised he got through but I’d be shocked if he wins still Alcatraz and Nadal at least to get through. That’s if Nick doesn’t meltdown against Khatxhanov or something. The others won’t be too tough, your Norrie, Ruud and these types on a hard court should be no trouble

Are you one of these people who struggle to give any praise to Australian tennis players, unless it's through gritted teeth?

Krygios holds a 4 to 1 head to head record with him.

Garcia has steamrolled through. She’s looking VERY good. Samasova played horrific worst she’s played in months I haven’t checked the stats but if she didn’t hit 40UE plus I’d be shocked and that’s like triple what she’s made the entire US swing. Still tipping Garcia not sure who against

She's coming up against a player who made back to back Wimbledon QF's and just dispatched Williams against a hostile crowd at the US open.

I always had Aijla favourite.

Maybe Nicks GF has given him some peace of mind and put everything into perspective for him. I notice after the win he said he didn't want to let anyone down and haven't heard him talk like that before. Keep knocking on the door and he will break it open. Will be magic if he goes all the way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don't get GS titles with talent. You get them with maybe 30% talent, 50% professionalism & 20% hard work.

John McEnroe won 7 of them.

He did it 90% on talent and freely admits to using doubles as his training because he wasn’t keen on actual training.

Kyrgios will likely win the US Open. Mostly because of his unworldly talent and an improvement in work ethic and professionalism. But let’s not pretend he won’t get there on a mere 30% talent.

Last edited:
Kyrgios will likely win the US Open.

lol - we will see. As much as I would love to see that result, he has never proved himself capable of achieving that level of professionalism. Yes - Nick 2022 is better than he ever has been but it will only take one old-Nick match to destroy his chances.

lol - we will see. As much as I would love to see that result, he has never proved himself capable of achieving that level of professionalism. Yes - Nick 2022 is better than he ever has been but it will only take one old-Nick match to destroy his chances.

He was outstanding at Wimbledon and has been brilliant all year.

Tell me about these “old-Nick” matches and how they are even relevant now. When was his last meltdown, one that cost him a big match?

Remove this Banner Ad

Grand Slam US Open 2022 (29 Aug-11 Sept)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back