Travel USA travel tips and tricks

Remove this Banner Ad

Look, its not horrible (the bus) but I just felt we had more space to move around and freedome with the train. It was a long 4 hours on the bus and the tour guide was a dead set flog. Maybe thats what spoilt it for me.

We have done the Lux bus to the Grand Canyon from Las Vegas and that was brilliant, so I'm not totally Anti-bus.

Yeah we did the Lux Bus from Anaheim to Vegas and i quite enjoyed it..

Leave in 2 weeks and can't wait

Going to LA, Boston, New York, Philadelphia, Washington, New Orleans, Orlando and Vegas.

Any tips for any of those places?

We are getting the Limo Liner from Boston to New York and training it to Philly and Washington

I'm from New York and have been to all of the places you're going to, but the only tip I have to give you is this one. Paesano's in Philly will make one of the best, if not the best, sandwich you'll ever have.

http://paesanosphillystyle.com/our-menu.html

Also, use Yelp and Eater's city specific websites when you're looking for something good to eat. So many people visit cities in the States and just end up going to shitty chain restaurants the whole time they're here. Eater does an "Essential 38" restaurants list for most of the cities you're going to, that's a good starting point.

Edit-Just noticed your user name. Hello!!!!!!

I'm from New York and have been to all of the places you're going to, but the only tip I have to give you is this one. Paesano's in Philly will make one of the best, if not the best, sandwich you'll ever have.

http://paesanosphillystyle.com/our-menu.html

Also, use Yelp and Eater's city specific websites when you're looking for something good to eat. So many people visit cities in the States and just end up going to shitty chain restaurants the whole time they're here. Eater does an "Essential 38" restaurants list for most of the cities you're going to, that's a good starting point.

Edit-Just noticed your user name. Hello!!!!!!

That website is brilliant thanks!!

Just paid for the family flights to the US of A. (Wife and 2 kids)

Heading to NY for 7 days and then to LA for 14. Can't wait

I did California back in 96 as a 13 year old, but i've never been to NYC. Pretty pumped for the kids too, as they'll experience Disneyland at a wonderful age (8 and 6) Although we did HK Disneyland 2 years ago

Wife has never been to America, so gonna be a wicked trip in October

I am heading over in April/May for 3 weeks.

First flying into LA and heading to Stagecoach Country Music Festival in Indio.

Next stop will be Chicago for few nights. Any bar and food recommendations? I have been twice before but spent most of the time in Wrigleyville.

Next will be Louisville, KY for the Kentucky Derby - very much looking forward to this!

My last stop will be Nashville - love the city - my third time. Going to try and indulge in the best 10 bbq joints!

Next will be Louisville, KY for the Kentucky Derby - very much looking forward to this!

i found trying to have a punt in person at a packed race day in the US to be a frustrating experience

the lack of independent bookies at the venue, like the ones you would find in Oz, forces you to queue up for at least 5 minutes to bet for each race, bit of a joke really....

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Off again in two weeks, was originally going to go to Super Bowl (did so in Feb 2015) but now just to Boston as ticket prices a lot higher. One big Super Bowl party with them and friends then hopefully week celebrating in the city of the champs then weekend away in New Hampshire @ Loon Mountain snowboarding then back home - only 9 days all up.

Off again in two weeks, was originally going to go to Super Bowl (did so in Feb 2015) but now just to Boston as ticket prices a lot higher. One big Super Bowl party with them and friends then hopefully week celebrating in the city of the champs then weekend away in New Hampshire @ Loon Mountain snowboarding then back home - only 9 days all up.

Will be in Boston at the same time!

Thanks for the tips - no idea what to expect from Nashville. Wasn't even in our plans but we've managed to squeeze in a few days in between Miami and NYC :thumbsu:

Gotta check out some live music while you're there. The Station Inn, the Bluebird Cafe, the Mercy Lounge and the Exit/In are all top notch.

Anyone ever road tripped from Cali/ LA to Florida?

Planning on doin it next year over 10 weeks. Anyone know some cool and interesting things to see along the way? Or cool places to stay?

I have a bit of an odd question regarding stopovers in American Airports. I'm currently in Asia and I'm wanting to fly to Central or South America once I receive my new passport over here. I recently went to Iran so I'm not eligible for the Visa Waiver. Does anyone think I can get away with a visa free American stopover without leaving the airport on a new passport? If not I have other options (eg going through Vancouver) but they are more expensive and time consuming.

Remove this Banner Ad

Travel USA travel tips and tricks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back