Autopsy v the rubber head bands

Remove this Banner Ad

I still feel like we’ve improved quite a bit and are close to becoming a seriously good side. But we are not there yet. Some surgical involvement is needed. Hansen Jr is done. Shiels also. Just need to work on the mid forward connection but let’s not get too negative.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Depends how far we cut, but considering our fwd line is the weakest part of our game, I wouldn’t be too quick to cut Hansen Jnr. Need to see more of him.

But yes guys that don’t have a position, you know who you are, cut them first.

l would like to see a game without Zuurhar playing. For what we are expected to pay for him staying l would rather use it to keep our younger players. He is a hit and miss player and no longer the impact player of years gone by....

Last edited:

Stephens is worth pursuing with, he’s got good speed and stamina. Suited to the wing. But yes Shiels and Sleevo…positionless.

Stephen is a cat. Absolutely woeful and shouldn't be anywhere near a North Melbourne jumper. Good speed and stamina does not make a footballer. Perhaps he should try his hand at Track and Field.

We had 50 more disposals . Won the clearances, won contested and uncontested possession. We won the tackle count. We had more one percenters. We had a higher disposal efficiency. This isn’t on the players. This on the coaches who have absolutely no game plan and no structure.
It also doesn’t help when you have four clowns going in dry every week.

I was waiting for one to get on there knees and start gobbling Geelong **** at one stage.

Frustrating but nothing to be ashamed of. Geelong are a quality, well drilled team.
Stephenson and Philips didn’t bring the hunger that I expected. Stephenson in particular, was super disappointing.
Positives:
Sheezel putting in a monster shift when there were question marks on whether he would play or not.
Xerri and LDU played at their consistent best.
Logue seems to be have settled perfectly.
Powell was super important in half back.
Duursma looked good when he came on.
I would give the boys a lighter week this week on the track, they seem fatigued after a long season and a tough and competitive few weeks. They’re still so young.

Stephen is a cat. Absolutely woeful and shouldn't be anywhere near a North Melbourne jumper. Good speed and stamina does not make a footballer. Perhaps he should try his hand at Track and Field.
But he has attributes that do contribute to us winning matches. Look I’d love to have 23 sheezels, but let’s be real, not everyone is going to be elite kicks. Does he fluff the ball? No. Does he cover the ground well? Yes. Do we need guys that can do that? Yes. Was he our worst today? No way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry I forgot, we did exceptionally well against [ insert team ] who are [insert position on the ladder ]. Remember - it’s never us. We’ll never be that team 👍🏼 Just the lowly, humble also-ran who’s just happy to get within ten goals of whoever we’re playing.

But he has attributes that do contribute to us winning matches. Look I’d love to have 23 sheezels, but let’s be real, not everyone is going to be elite kicks. Does he fluff the ball? No. Does he cover the ground well? Yes. Do we need guys that can do that? Yes. Was he our worst today? No way.

You're drunk aren't you?

Sorry I forgot, we did exceptionally well against [ insert team ] who are [insert position on the ladder ]. Remember - it’s never us. We’ll never be that team 👍🏼 Just the lowly, humble also-ran who’s just happy to get within ten goals of whoever we’re playing.
I'm with you

Polish and poise, particularly forward of centre (oh and on our defensive ******* goal line would be nice too).

Frustrating game but not the one to lose your mind over imo. Teakle probably the only stinker, actually thought everyone else was ok or good, X and Sheezel were absolutely supreme.

Umpiring.... htb and high tackles were certainly on the pi** again but **** me, i swear X should have received at least another 6-8 more frees in the ruck today...

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy v the rubber head bands

Remove this Banner Ad

Back