VAFA D1 new thread for 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can i get some feedback or comments about the Old Mentonians coach, rumours that ive heard is that he often mouths off to opposition teams before the game. Who is he, and what credentials does he have?

Don't know much about him.... Can tell you he didn't make the short list for the Rovers position.... Grade A c*ck-smoker.:thumbsdown:

Don't know much about him.... Can tell you he didn't make the short list for the Rovers position.... Grade A c*ck-smoker.:thumbsdown:

Saw Old Mentone play against OGGS, umpire payed a free kick against old mentones coach... he is very loud..

old mentone looked really young, really lacking leadership from experienced players, and soft against the old bodies of OGGS, will be interesting to see if they re bound or will the two blues be too strong... any thoughts??

But you would be pushing 40!!!

That must bump the average age quite a bit

I believe the Prez is just past the 30 mark Panther Puller... and that he is not PrezChief on this forum (a good observation uglydermie). Be careful before you chomp down on bait in here mate. Much of it is just hot wind... the proof is on the field and over when the GF siren sounds. You'd be wise to remember that.

I believe the Prez is just past the 30 mark Panther Puller... and that he is not PrezChief on this forum. Be careful before you chomp down on bait in here. Much of it is just hot wind... the proof is on the field. You'd be wise to remember that.

What- people are impersonating others on the forum?

What- people are impersonating others on the forum?

as sickening as is may seem, yes. i honestly thought i could enter in to resonable debate here about D1 footy, but it seems that very few (scribe, tom brain, anthony43, brenton holt and others being the exception) are genuine. i am severely disappointed, but will pursue what i feel as reasoned. perhaps your coach could give you a lesson in the meaning of that word?

anyone got any mail on the parade ruckman... looks like im facing him tomorrow and i cant remember back to round 1.

Duds.

as sickening as is may seem, yes. i honestly thought i could enter in to resonable debate here about D1 footy, but it seems that very few (scribe, tom brain, anthony43, brenton holt and others being the exception) are genuine. i am severely disappointed, but will pursue what i feel as reasoned. perhaps your coach could give you a lesson in the meaning of that word?

anyone got any mail on the parade ruckman... looks like im facing him tomorrow and i cant remember back to round 1.

Duds.

the parade ruckman will be in for a long day against you big sexy ;)

Who would you have in you D1 team of the year?
OGG- Brannigan
Oak-Briggs
Prahan-Bevan
sure to sh*t i wouldnt have the mentone coach as the coach of the year. C*cksmoker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you give me the results of the Old Mentone vs Prahran Game. Im not sure if mentone won and are still on top. Cheerio

Mentone by 49.. i take back what i said, the kids stood up and took it to Prahan.
Wiltshire, Snow, B Carrol, and Norton played well.
Bevan had one kick all day.. Biggs shut him down like everyone he has played on this year..

A young back line stood up... in the worst conditions of the year.
Mentone actually look the real deal, but will their kids last the season?
I still think Mentone are just on a wave, on the field i dont know if they have the leadership. Mentone played like it was final.. but rumour has it this week against Hampton is the one they want to win.

Are Mentone the real deal?
Will the young kids last the season?

hard for teams to earn respect in this forum...even parade have more respect than mentone and they are the worst team to play in the VAFA..excluding teams in D4

Mentone by 49.. i take back what i said, the kids stood up and took it to Prahan.
Wiltshire, Snow, B Carrol, and Norton played well.
Bevan had one kick all day.. Biggs shut him down like everyone he has played on this year..

A young back line stood up... in the worst conditions of the year.
Mentone actually look the real deal, but will their kids last the season?
I still think Mentone are just on a wave, on the field i dont know if they have the leadership. Mentone played like it was final.. but rumour has it this week against Hampton is the one they want to win.

Are Mentone the real deal?
Will the young kids last the season?

i think the young kids showed last year that they know which end of the season matters (knocking out halebury in straight sets then Mazenod in the gf). no doubt they will stand up when it matters and last the season.
as for lacking leadership, how can you say that based on yesterdays game? stupid thing to say....of course mentone played like it was a final, top spot was on the line and prahran players, i suspect, thought mentone were just going to roll over.....

We're going to show those toffees from hampton their worst nightmare!
We're Parade, We're Proud, We're Passionate and We're Prepared!
Prepare for the Best from Bundoora!

eat those words anthony!!! all parade managed to do was look in awe at the golden flash of my boots as we steamrolled you in to that dung heap you call home!

eat those words anthony!!! all parade managed to do was look in awe at the golden flash of my boots as we steamrolled you in to that dung heap you call home!

Anthony43 should not waste his and everyone elses time with his dribble. My guess he is just baiting you for a bite : or else he is still living in 1943.

Anthony43 should not waste his and everyone elses time with his dribble. My guess he is just baiting you for a bite : or else he is still living in 1943.

Laughing. Funny.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is from parade... probably a founding member of their fightback club. Nerds and mules the lot of them!

Just keep a lookout for the Panthers roar. Its deafening when it strikes. Bring on Hampton and long live Speccy Magee - absolute legend!!!

ps... Anyone know of a cheap Plasma for sale??

I reckon the Hampton Rovers-Old Mentonians game at Boss James this coming Saturday could well be a finals preview. The Rovers & Old Mentonians might possibly meet again later this year in either the second semi final, preliminary final or even the grand final. And when you also consider the fact there'll be A Section umpires doing the game (due to A-C grades getting a mid-season break), and bear in mind that A section umpires usually do finals games, it's not hard to see why I rate this game as a finals preview.

Anyone else has an opinion on this?

I reckon the Hampton Rovers-Old Mentonians game at Boss James this coming Saturday could well be a finals preview. The Rovers & Old Mentonians might possibly meet again later this year in either the second semi final, preliminary final or even the grand final. And when you also consider the fact there'll be A Section umpires doing the game (due to A-C grades getting a mid-season break), and bear in mind that A section umpires usually do finals games, it's not hard to see why I rate this game as a finals preview.

Anyone else has an opinion on this?

Yeh it is going to be a good game.
I think at home hampton will be too strong. But, there is bound to be fireworks... can not wait. its gonna be match of the year..

Another big win.
I think its no secret that when the pressure is applied to Hampton that they go to water. I think that is what we will all see this week.

Lay off McGee- great coach, even better guy

Laughing. Funny.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is from parade... probably a founding member of their fightback club. Nerds and mules the lot of them!

Just keep a lookout for the Panthers roar. Its deafening when it strikes. Bring on Hampton and long live Speccy Magee - absolute legend!!!

ps... Anyone know of a cheap Plasma for sale??

In all seriousness, I doubt he is........ although I did hear they have nearly 200 members of that fightback club, so something is obvioulsy working well.

Hampton have been getting a lot of run out of their backline of late, setting up the attack from defence..........should be a cracking game. Sorry BHDwarf but I'm tipping Hampton in a thriller.

Go to Ebay for your plasma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back