VAFA D1 new thread for 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You gotta stop eating all those Pies Dermie if you want to nurse that old body and young team of yours through to the finals...

Otherwise you'll end up like our old FF Adam Power. He has bed sores and and is restricted to the house he's so large these days.... :eek:

Should def have the finals at the Junction. If they let OM's play on it then surely under the circumstances they can allow one year of finals to be played there...

Doesn't seem logical to have the games out as far as Box Hill and Preston considering the sides that are in genuine finals contention. Unless Bulleen come home strong, Mentone, Oakleigh and Hampton will have to endure unnecessary travelling - moreso the former 2 given their current ladder positions. But if it is to be, then so be it.....

I'd rather traval and play on a good quality ground rather than play on a bad overused ground.

Rovers should not complain if they have to travel this year. There last group of finals games would have been at Sandringham (Usual C grade finals ground), basically a roll out of bed and your their!!!

Should def have the finals at the Junction. If they let OM's play on it then surely under the circumstances they can allow one year of finals to be played there...

Would the problem with the Junction be that they play cricket their. Would presume that they would spend all of September prepairing for both District and Domestic games.

I'd rather traval and play on a good quality ground rather than play on a bad overused ground.

Rovers should not complain if they have to travel this year. There last group of finals games would have been at Sandringham (Usual C grade finals ground), basically a roll out of bed and your their!!!

Would the problem with the Junction be that they play cricket their. Would presume that they would spend all of September prepairing for both District and Domestic games.

Well if Hampton complain about travelling, then i complain about having to go out to that stinkpit, along with YV, Peninsula etc.

If you are playing finals, who cares where you play, you are playing in finals. If you go into a finals match complaining about travel, ground condition, the weather is too cold, then i hope you lose.

Jeez mate - you're not half into yourself. So you are saying that if they had of used you more you would have won the game against Hampton? :eek:

And yes by the way you are missing something. My choice of finals venues was sarcastic.

They are the two worst grounds going around. The VAFA has done the right thing closing W.A Scammel, they should do the same with BT's Ted Ajani Reserve.

Im dead serious, i had 3 shots on goal in the first 5-6 minutes. I've been our best player by far this season and kicked a heap of our goals. Im not into myself but when someone is as hot as i was, just use me! I was in Krushing form!

Thoughts on the sides half way thru?

OG were pretty impressive last week- look like a sleeping giant about to awake.

We have a big couple of weeks coming up. Noticed in the draw that most teams play OGs, Prahran and Rovers in a row. Pretty tough- what are others thoghts on this?

Half Back Pocket,
Why do u think OM's will battle towards the end of the season

Milk,

just a feeling - After thumping BT, they had less scoring shots than Peninsula, then beaten by OG. Maybe coming slightly off the boil. plus a couple of the more difficult road-trips (YV and BT).
I still think they'll go 4/4 from now on.

Huge couple of weeks for them - Prahran at home and HR away.
They could stitch up top spot with 2 wins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't want to blame injuries but its hard to argue they didn't play a part last week. That said - some of the missing are sure to line up for these 2 big games.
We have a young side and will finish full of run over a couple of "ageing" lists at the end.

We're going to show those toffees from hampton their worst nightmare!
We're Parade, We're Proud, We're Passionate and We're Prepared!
Prepare for the Best from Bundoora!

Milk,

just a feeling - After thumping BT, they had less scoring shots than Peninsula, then beaten by OG. Maybe coming slightly off the boil. plus a couple of the more difficult road-trips (YV and BT).
I still think they'll go 4/4 from now on.

Huge couple of weeks for them - Prahran at home and HR away.
They could stitch up top spot with 2 wins.
Half Back,
Did you know of there latest injury troubles? Also key members overseas..for a brief period. Although a very young list, they have played in very close games this season and come away with the goods...which is a very good skill to have come the serious end of the season. Agree with the difficult road trips, especially at bulleen.

Agreed. I'm over these blokes posing as players they aren't. Can't we have serious conversation on here.

Anyone keen to chat about water restrictions?:eek:

Who cares about water restrictions Cracker? We're halfway through the season now. Just make sure you keep getting a kick.... Especially against Parade this week.... Anyone know anything about this Anthony43 character?

Tips this week:

OMs- 10pts
OGs- 50pts- Good form will continue
OPs- 8pts- big trip for Rovers and streak will end, OPs will be more desperate
Pen- 1pt- Long trip will be too much in end
Oak- 200pt +- Best side v worst side in comp, most one sided game of year

Tips this week:

OMs- 10pts
OGs- 50pts- Good form will continue
OPs- 8pts- big trip for Rovers and streak will end, OPs will be more desperate
Pen- 1pt- Long trip will be too much in end
Oak- 200pt +- Best side v worst side in comp, most one sided game of year

ANOTHER GOOSE! You can't seriously say Oakleigh are the best side in the comp. I can name 4 sides better without referring to our own.

ANOTHER GOOSE! You can't seriously say Oakleigh are the best side in the comp. I can name 4 sides better without referring to our own.

UM,

The competition ladder after 10 rounds has Oakleigh in 2nd spot, only half a game behind Panther's own mob (OMs). If your own side is Hampton Rovers, are you seriously suggesting OGGs, BT, Peninsula and OMs are all better than Oakleigh as well?

What logic are you using here? :confused:

Scribe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back