VAFA D1 new thread for 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys,

Long time supporter first time poster...

I'd love to be able to head down to my old mate 'Boss' ground to watch the massive clash between the Rovers and the Ants, but I am reserved for u/19's duties.

What do the forum think?? Will the Rover's make it 8 on the bounce, or will the Ants claim another Big Scalp and keep the finals hopes alive?

Also a Big Up to Ugly Derm for his kind words about the state of my ground in relation to that of Yarra Valley's Your a kind and considerate and very thoughtful man Dean..

Does anyone know a great deal about what's happening down at Toorak & Como Park? There's a whisper Prahran have lost a few and had a couple of crucial injuries. Their last handful of games have seen them only do enough to get over the bunnies and be comprehensively beaten by Mentone & Bulleen. Interesting to note that should they win this week against Peninsula and Oakleigh & Hampton win, the top 4 will be pretty much set - with 4 games remaining and a 3 game break on the field. As for Geelong, pre-season favourites and a side that promised a bit early, look gone for the year. You can definitely write them off, if they don't get over Oakleigh on Saturday.

I'm seeing similarities between your username and how many Gay dates finish up ...

Probably best to lay low after that mate. Keep trying though.

In terms of Prahran and OG, i have no doubt Prahran will hit back, they do have quality in their team and are in a bit of a slump. Og's have been the suprise and have a tough task against the league leaders this week. Should be interesting to see whether BT will continue their push for a top 4 spot.

In terms of Prahran and OG, i have no doubt Prahran will hit back, they do have quality in their team and are in a bit of a slump. Og's have been the suprise and have a tough task against the league leaders this week. Should be interesting to see whether BT will continue their push for a top 4 spot.

With respect to the top 3 who have been more consistent with their wins, Bulleen could well be considered the form team. Obviously that will all be confirmed on Saturday should they be able to halt the juggernaut. The jury's still out on them though, as the sides they've beaten seem to be on the slide. Makes for a cracking match, however. Maybe this could be moved to Sportscover or the 'G to showcase the best D1 has to offer. Your thoughts Jase...?

With respect to the top 3 who have been more consistent with their wins, Bulleen could well be considered the form team. Obviously that will all be confirmed on Saturday should they be able to halt the juggernaut. The jury's still out on them though, as the sides they've beaten seem to be on the slide. Makes for a cracking match, however. Maybe this could be moved to Sportscover or the 'G to showcase the best D1 has to offer. Your thoughts Jase...?

Ha Ha....maybe Jas could run a poll??

Not to the MCG or to Sportscover. Maybe to Punt Rd Oval, to give Terry Wallace and the Tigers brains-trust a chance to look over potential recruits for '08 and beyond. After all, is it about time a VAFA player was drafted into the AFL-apart from TAC Cup, VFL, SANFL, and WAFL players? We have possibly the best comp going around outside the AFL and the VFL, so why is it that no VAFA players are looked at by AFL clubs for draft selections?

Not to the MCG or to Sportscover. Maybe to Punt Rd Oval, to give Terry Wallace and the Tigers brains-trust a chance to look over potential recruits for '08 and beyond. After all, is it about time a VAFA player was drafted into the AFL-apart from TAC Cup, VFL, SANFL, and WAFL players? We have possibly the best comp going around outside the AFL and the VFL, so why is it that no VAFA players are looked at by AFL clubs for draft selections?
Not sure of that comment Jase. SANFL, WAFL, AFLQ, NTFL, EFL...the list goes on. VAFA is not the breeding ground it once was. By the way, there are no brains at Punt Road, otherwise they would pay Wallace out and 86 him.

Dont ever write off a team with P Greenham in it. An absolute VAFA superstar of the highest order, and a sensational bloke.

maybe you two should get a room...

Another useless comment from you Duddy. You are starting to live up to your name. Put something forward of value instead of making pointless comments. Greenham is a very good player, but i wouldn't put him in the VAFA absolute superstar category imo.

Another useless comment from you Duddy. You are starting to live up to your name. Put something forward of value instead of making pointless comments. Greenham is a very good player, but i wouldn't put him in the VAFA absolute superstar category imo.

are you saying that things of value are placed in here?? from what i can see, those who post the lion's share of dribble on here are a bunch of mules living out in text what they can no longer/could never do on the field. silly comments abound on here, of which you are a major culprit, and the odd bit of interesting dialogue is as rare as hen's teeth. get over your self and realise what this place essentially is... nothing but (often times) worthy comedic distraction. the real stuff happens on the field.

enough said di*khead!

I think alot of it has to do with timing and age. With the AFL lists only being around 38 blokes now, they cannot afford to "carry" blokes any more - they have to have a handful of 18-20yr olds that they are incubating for the future, which means their actual available lists are smaller again-it was a different story when AFL had reserves etc. Their are a number of VAFA blokes playing VFL who would have been on an AFL list 10yrs ago due to the larger list sizes. Eg: David Boundy - but at 25 he is too old to draft.
If the AFL bring in a mid-season draft which is touted, it may open up the door to bring in "ready made" footballers who can fulfill a specific need - these blokes could well be VFL players (who may be ex VAFA) or even VAFA players themselves. I can't agree with you that the comp is the best outside the AFL or VFL. The WAFL & SANFL would disagree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont ever write off a team with P Greenham in it. An absolute VAFA superstar of the highest order, and a sensational bloke.

He didn't have a good day last sat Brian (had a few mates too!)
Apparently, Prahran have missed a couple of KPP...one injured, one overseas.

I wonder if Ted Ajani is an alias??

That smacks of inexperience.

Spare me.

I ate a mandarin today which had 28 pips in it...Outrage!

Jascave, there was a thread earlier in the year talking about VAFA players drafted to the AFL, from memory (which isn't as flash as it used to be) St Bedes Mentone had a guy, Collins? drafted to Hawthorn this year so I'm sure some scouts are looking at our comp.

What odds the raiders this week against Om?

I reckon they are a good show and I need to get some money back after last week!

ROUND 14:

Old Paradians $10 Vs Old Mentonians $1.05
Hamp Rovers $1.65 vs Bulleen Temp $2.25
Therry Penola $3.50 Vs Yarra Valley $1.30
Prahran $1.90 Vs Peninsula $1.90
Oakleigh $1.35 Vs Old Geelong $ $3.30

ROUND 14:

Hamp Rovers $1.65 vs Bulleen Temp $2.25 - each way bet
Prahran $1.90 Vs Peninsula $1.90 - good value (can they overcome last week?)
Oakleigh $1.35 Vs Old Geelong $ $3.30 - best bet of the round

ROUND 14:

Hamp Rovers $1.65 vs Bulleen Temp $2.25 - each way bet
Prahran $1.90 Vs Peninsula $1.90 - good value (can they overcome last week?)
Oakleigh $1.35 Vs Old Geelong $ $3.30 - best bet of the round

E/W in a two horse race?? How does that work?? :confused:

Jascave, there was a thread earlier in the year talking about VAFA players drafted to the AFL, from memory (which isn't as flash as it used to be) St Bedes Mentone had a guy, Collins? drafted to Hawthorn this year so I'm sure some scouts are looking at our comp.

Yeah he was drafted but more for his form with his APS school side than his season with St Bedes U/17's.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back