Vafa U/19 (3) - 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mega, how did you boys go against La Trobe?

Also, Knighta, were you boys down at 3/4 time against Bentleigh or is that just a miss print?
No misprints on the website LFK, just scrappy desperate football from Bentleigh which almost got them the 4 points. Essendon were however without 8 of their better players from the weekend prior.

First gamer Samo was best for the bombers. Fresh faced youngster straight from the school who made the jump very easily. I believe the team are looking forward to having him around once the school season is over!

Anyone watch the Ivanhoe/Trinity match? Pretty disappointing to see Trinity not even put up a fight, I was expecting better from them. I wonder how their coach feels now after he sprayed Essendon a few weeks ago saying they were ordinary, well I can tell you who is ordinary now!

Top Four is cemented after the weekends action.

Agree knighta,

What is happening with Old Trinity, care to give us an update Large John?? One week you guys look like real flag contenders, the next you get thumped, whats happening down your way of the woods??

Ormond sealed another powering victory against the boys from Mentone and showed that they could be the team that knocks of OE for that spot in the Grand Final against Old Ivanhoe.

As for Old Essendon, 8 blokes is quiet a few, but speaking to a coupla blokes, bentleigh had 3 of their better players playing on seniors and only 2 players on the bench, of which i was told one was injured... would have been an old scrappy just trying to get the footy sorta game i predict.

Knighta, Samo, is he sorta the shortish player who's quick around stopages by anychance... i think ive seen him play somewhere before??

As for the goalkicking, Delmonte is making a break, start playing some tough footy Monaco!

Agree knighta,

What is happening with Old Trinity, care to give us an update Large John?? One week you guys look like real flag contenders, the next you get thumped, whats happening down your way of the woods??

Ormond sealed another powering victory against the boys from Mentone and showed that they could be the team that knocks of OE for that spot in the Grand Final against Old Ivanhoe.

As for Old Essendon, 8 blokes is quiet a few, but speaking to a coupla blokes, bentleigh had 3 of their better players playing on seniors and only 2 players on the bench, of which i was told one was injured... would have been an old scrappy just trying to get the footy sorta game i predict.

Knighta, Samo, is he sorta the shortish player who's quick around stopages by anychance... i think ive seen him play somewhere before??

As for the goalkicking, Delmonte is making a break, start playing some tough footy Monaco!
Certainly not a skillful game of football between OE and Bentleigh given the respective teams. Essendon were the much better side but couldn't get the break, again easy shots in front of goal were costly!

I doubt you'd have seen Samo before, still plays for the school team and it was his first game with us. Sounds more like you're talking about little Rardo.

Ormond are definitely improving and perhaps it's down to real 3 horse race. Will be interesting to see how much Ormond have improved since the first time we met. I believe we won by 70+ that day.

Did Mentone have the school kids on the weekend???

Certainly not a skillful game of football between OE and Bentleigh given the respective teams. Essendon were the much better side but couldn't get the break, again easy shots in front of goal were costly!

I doubt you'd have seen Samo before, still plays for the school team and it was his first game with us. Sounds more like you're talking about little Rardo.

Ormond are definitely improving and perhaps it's down to real 3 horse race. Will be interesting to see how much Ormond have improved since the first time we met. I believe we won by 70+ that day.

Did Mentone have the school kids on the weekend???

Mentone only had 4-5 school kids playing. Normally when AGS competition has a bye they get around 8-10. They needed a week off because of the heavy workload they have been put under. Also Mentone only had 19 players and were down to 17 at the very start of the last quarter...Ormond were pretty impressive

Mentone only had 4-5 school kids playing. Normally when AGS competition has a bye they get around 8-10. They needed a week off because of the heavy workload they have been put under. Also Mentone only had 19 players and were down to 17 at the very start of the last quarter...Ormond were pretty impressive
How are the the Mentone school side going this season?

Are you likely to have a couple more playing this weekend?

Yeah maybe its Rardo, dunno, you guys seem to have a few little hard nuts!

I also believe Ormond will give you a run for your money next time you play them, which is when by the way??

How are the the Mentone school side going this season?

Are you likely to have a couple more playing this weekend?

This yrs school team has a lot of potential, but with past teams are never consistent, they should be able to play this weekend given they arnt on holiday, are expecting a gun back from a sore groin this weekend though.

Yeah maybe its Rardo, dunno, you guys seem to have a few little hard nuts!

I also believe Ormond will give you a run for your money next time you play them, which is when by the way??
Certainly Ormond at home will be a tough match, I believe it's in 3 weeks time. We should have a nice influx of school kids by then as the AGSV only has 2 games to run.

Milkman, whose this gun back from injury. Has he played this season already?

Certainly Ormond at home will be a tough match, I believe it's in 3 weeks time. We should have a nice influx of school kids by then as the AGSV only has 2 games to run.

Milkman, whose this gun back from injury. Has he played this season already?
KNIGHT RIDER...wont drop any names but was a major part of the grand final victory last yr..hasnt seen much of it this yr, has been battling with ostitis...a welcome return..

Was hoping to catch 3 games this week with Oakleigh, Ormond and Bentleigh all playing at home...
Definately were all close games last time they met especially Bentleigh Old Essendon which I was interested to see as Old Essendon were talking about how good they were and expecting a big win as they had these players in and etc... Mostly caught the Bentleigh and Old Essendon game again as it was so close it was hard to leave. I did to watch Ormond and Mentone for a bit but quickly came back to the Old Essendon Bentleigh game as it was a far more competitive game. I don't care the contingency of supporter for Old Essendon here I am going to report what I saw...
Knight Rider Old Essendon you said were the far superior was absolute rot...The only quater where they were better was the 1st quater... 2nd and last quater were even except some very contentious umpiring in those quaters that were absolutely wrong... The 3rd quater Bentleigh outclassed, outmuscled and should of kicked far more goals except for some easy misses that kept Old Essendon not down by a few goals going into the last. I don't understand why Bentleigh are so low i have seen them twice and they have looked like a top 4 side contender if Old Essendon is anything to go by...

Back to the game Old Essendon looked like a big improver in the 1st quarter looking skillful and quick but Bentleigh still looking physical and not out of it were competitive, the end of the 1st quater a fight erupted that only seemed to spark Bentleigh going into the rest of the game a bit of a wake up call... Bentleigh were definately the agressors in the match with Old Essendon at times not as intense at the ball except for a few exceptions...
2nd Quater I watched some but both teams missing easy shots on goals and I left for the ormond game...
3rd Quater Came back in time for the start of this quater and it was like Old Essendon cruised through it like it was still the 2nd quater and Bentleigh played like a top 4 side physical tough quick but continued to waste oppurtunities with 3 or 4 easy missed in front of goal... But hit the lead...
4th Quater Great quater from both teams giving it their all Old Essendon rose to the occassion and woke up and it was tough and physical with the game marred by horrible umpiring decisions that soured the game with the spectators shocked at an obvious speccy and mark in front of goal from Bentleigh but was called in the back for hand was disgraceful.... which led to Old Essendon transfering it quickly and resulting in an Old Essendon goal... a 2 goal turnaround that would of put Bentleigh in from by a goal that Bentleigh never recovered from...

Notes:
Umpiring terribly one sided... Old Essendon fed...
Benson won every tap out..
Very physical game and great to watch..
Bentleigh bench of 1 or 2..
Old Essendon runner red carded...
Old Essendon nearly with a full team...
Good game soured by how the game was decided through the umpiring..I was unbias and still shouting at the umpires to call it both ways...

Ormond They're big and improved from last time I saw them, theyre very physical too, although they wasted oppurtunities in front of goal, although I did not watch much of the game due to the other game they always looked like they were controlling the tempo and game...

A spot on review Sainter. The umpiring was absolutely terrible. The only umpiring decision that I believe trumps yours, came in the second quarter. Where, after a free kick, the female umpire gave a 25 metre penalty against Bentleigh, which put OE in the goal square for, what we must assume were, Bentleigh supporters who were sledging. An absolutely rediculous decision, which corresponded with the rest of the matches umpiring.

The only thing I found questionable with your notes was "Old Essendon nearly with a full team...", I did witness a couple of the OE big names such as Cerantonio, Bell, McGorry missing, along with others such as Wilson, Williams, Saunders and Robertson, most of which have missed the majority of the season due to injuries.

Mightysainters,

You're on the money a lot of the time but how you've come up with some of this i don't know.

This is to take nothing away from Bentleigh, I thought they were fantastic and that the game on the whole was a ripper.

I do agree with you that Bentleigh are definately better than their ladder position would suggest and I saw the game slightly defferet to KR in the sense that OE were definately not more superior on the day. Bentleigh came to play and were extremely well led by their skipper Fridman (very good player and nice bloke) and yeah maybe unlucky not to pinch the 4 points.

I'm stunned that you say the umpiring was one sided. It makes me think you may have spent more time at the Ormond game than you have let on. At U19/3 level, 8 out of 10 times the umpiring is going to be ordinary and I agree this game was no exception. OE got some soft decisions and Bentleigh got some soft decisions. Both teams can cry foul of the umpiring. It was DEFINATELY not one sided.

You talk about Bentleigh missing their opportunities in the third, you fail to mention that OE, true`to form would have missed probably 5 or 6 goals from set shots 20m out (3 in first quater)

Lastly, OE started and finished the game with 2 on the bench and a pretty decent injury/holiday list. Nearly a full side...I wouldn't have thought so.

The only bad thing I would say about Bentleigh was no. 2 (Ervin I think??). Absolute tool. Can't play, didn't focus on the footy once, struggled to handle himself in the mallee and was the sole cause of the fight that did start. He is a reptile and Bentleigh would be better of without him.

All the best though to Bentleigh for the rest of the year, they will trouble a lot of teams, particularly at home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

uh ok stand corrected both teams undermanned I guess then but was a cracker of a game...
Frank Castle your obviously another bias player or supporter... and no I saw the game just had both eyes open because I'm not one eyed

Melee was started by number 12 from OE throwing the ball in the face of the number 2 of Bentleigh when he wasn't even looking at him after the quater had ended an absolute dog act by Old Essendon player which set off number 2... And the fight seemed pretty even both players came off for the same amount of time afterwards... To claim otherwise shows you obviously didn't see...

Winston Smith That 25 metre penalty was one of the worst decisions i have ever seen... couldn't believe it... You don't seem so one eyed it's good to see that from an OE supporter?

Frank Castle it WAS DEFINATELY one sided geez... unbelievable how bias you guys are you won adn still cry foul when obviously you were fed by the umpiring...

Don't deny I'm a keen OE supporter who watches the game closer than most.

Respect your opinion on the umpires but disagree here. I'll always say when i think we've had the best of the decisions but didn't see it that way on Saturday

No 2's behavior in the lead up to that scuffle was appalling and whatever he got at 1/4 time I'll guarantee you he still probably didn't get all he deserved (a point I'm pretty sure most of the Bentleigh team would agree with going by OE player feedback).

You're particularly sensitive to 'bias' comments, there was nothing overly biased in what i said.

MEGA do you care to inform us who won your game on the w.e?? or dont you kno? you fraud!

ventured down to the lovely subrb of Bentleigh at the w.e and was entertained by a great contest between the two teams...much of the game has been covered well by both Mr. Castle and mightysainters, however i will add one thing that thus far has failed to get a mention.

TREVASKIS; the queer/****ter/ what ever you want to call him... this guy led by example as the acting skipper for OE. and in doing so i think deserves to rid himself of these insults that have been directed his way. went in very hard, head over the footy, and led by example. there were various occasions through out the game where his team mates loked plain scared!

also; not sure of his name but the designated kiker-ina for OE made some questionable decisions, and never looked certain when kiking in. could lead to 7 pt plays against better teams

The only bad thing I would say about Bentleigh was no. 2 (Ervin I think??). Absolute tool. Can't play, didn't focus on the footy once, struggled to handle himself in the mallee and was the sole cause of the fight that did start. He is a reptile and Bentleigh would be better of without him.

i have heard a lot of things about this Ervin bloke he has apparently been suffering from a hamstring injury for most of the year but has been doing the team thing and carrying water. With this i have heard he has been sent of the ground at least once as a water boy and been warned for his behaviour nearly every game he has helped out.

This is one of those blokes who thinks he is bigger then the game

i have heard a lot of things about this Ervin bloke he has apparently been suffering from a hamstring injury for most of the year but has been doing the team thing and carrying water. With this i have heard he has been sent of the ground at least once as a water boy and been warned for his behaviour nearly every game he has helped out.

This is one of those blokes who thinks he is bigger then the game

I think the guy you boys are talking about is Bentleigh's co-vice captain Erwin...from all account he has been batteling with hamstring injuries throughout the year... however i have been told that if his fully fit the guy can play, he is a bit of a hard nut in the guts... i think we might just have to wait and see...

Don't deny I'm a keen OE supporter who watches the game closer than most.

Respect your opinion on the umpires but disagree here. I'll always say when i think we've had the best of the decisions but didn't see it that way on Saturday

No 2's behavior in the lead up to that scuffle was appalling and whatever he got at 1/4 time I'll guarantee you he still probably didn't get all he deserved (a point I'm pretty sure most of the Bentleigh team would agree with going by OE player feedback).

You're particularly sensitive to 'bias' comments, there was nothing overly biased in what i said.

Yes you are bias... sorry hate to tell you...
The fact of the matter was the umpiring is what got OE over the line in the end it was an intense struggle decided by that terrible decision in the end which cost bentleigh 2 goals (he would of slotted it from 20 and OE wouldn't of rebounded and kicked a goal).... Bentleigh would of been in front...It's over now but if I were Bentleigh i'd feel very hard done by.... A mark also from a Bentleigh player that was called play on and ball up in the last was just as bad...

OE looked scared at many times in the match taking more back steps than the nut bush... Bentleigh hit the ball harder except for a few exceptions in OE who had their head over the ball most contests but only about 3 or 4 players can say that... Whilst on the other end didn't see many Bentleigh players taking back steps...

OE's kicking also kept Bentleigh in the game in the first quater and in the 4th missing some easy goals. OE's kicking for goals must be questioned always scoring more poiints than behinds every match...

Nothing wrong with what No. 2 was doing the supporters of OE were getting into him but looked to just be an aggressive player... I saw many players like that in OE who you don't mention, that throwing of the ball was a disgrace at the end of the quater by a coward number 12 who did it while no.12 was walking to his huddle, if you condone that than you have no idea... this is amateurs and once that siren goes thats the end...

I'd hardly say the umpiring got OE over the line on the weekend. Decisions during the game against both sides were questionable including a couple of free kicks directly in front to Bentleigh players in the 3rd/4th quarters.

In all, I thought it was an entertaining match ruined only by trigger happy umpires!

I didn't see the incident at quarter time but if the OE player did throw the ball at the Bentleigh player, that's certainly not in the spirit of the game.

Another interesting thought is that Essendon have been disciplined all year but twice now against Bentleigh, and against them last year, incidents happened. I'd be interested to get another clubs perspective on their thoughts of Bentleigh....

Another interesting thought is that Essendon have been disciplined all year but twice now against Bentleigh, and against them last year, incidents happened. I'd be interested to get another clubs perspective on their thoughts of Bentleigh....

Bentleigh are peasants! Don't like that mob at all and I speak on behalf of the whole OT U19's. Cheap dogs that put one of our blokes in hospital. One of em top ended him while his head was over the footy, he was very lucky not to end up with a broken neck. #3 is the only exception.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back