Vafa U/19 (3) - 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on you blokes back to the footy. Rnd 12 shaping up as a big round with some major match-ups. Tips & preview for Rnd 12:

BENTLEIGH vs OLD IVANHOE @ Bentleigh Recreation Reserve - After a gutsy performance against the Baby Bombers and a colossal victory over the Unicorns, Bentleigh are starting to show some full potential with their much talked about skipper I. Fridman on the end of much praise from our much loved scribe JA. But in all seriousness this week will show why they have only beaten the bottom team this year as OI smash them by 120+ points.

MHSOB vs OLD TRINITY @ Melbourne High School - Old Trinity have been the most inconsistent team this year with some very up & down performances, but I've heard a little whisper that many players are going to be returning over the next two weeks. Not sure about MHS, MegaJim has gone quiet so we don't hear much from them but I'd say they will have a better team from the last time they met (just a hunch) and with both senior teams off the park for the weekend I'd say a large crowd will turn out. For OT, this week sees the inclusion of L. Pacconi, M. Jessup, J. Gillies, C. Stockdale & possibly the Gilbee likes of D. Bell. So get on OT cause a repeat of Rnd 2 is looming & they will win by over 100points.

OAKLEIGH vs OLD ESSENDON @ Southern Oval Possibly match-of-the-round. Oakleigh looked the goods last week in the wet & OE are starting to shows major signs of complacency. A danger game for the Baby Bombers but going on the result from their last meeting I'm gonna stick with OE by 9points (a little more if Cerantanio plays)

BULLEEN TEMPLESTOWE vs ORMOND @ Ted Ajani Reserve Another big game this Rnd, with the danger team of the comp BT gaining the major home ground advantage at the shocking Ted Ajani Reserve (feel sorry for those Ormond blokes). Should be quite close but the pure size and depth of Ormond will get them across the line by 12points.

Old Mentone with the bye....

Come on you blokes back to the footy. Rnd 12 shaping up as a big round with some major match-ups. Tips & preview for Rnd 12:

BENTLEIGH vs OLD IVANHOE @ Bentleigh Recreation Reserve - After a gutsy performance against the Baby Bombers and a colossal victory over the Unicorns, Bentleigh are starting to show some full potential with their much talked about skipper I. Fridman on the end of much praise from our much loved scribe JA. But in all seriousness this week will show why they have only beaten the bottom team this year as OI smash them by 120+ points.

MHSOB vs OLD TRINITY @ Melbourne High School - Old Trinity have been the most inconsistent team this year with some very up & down performances, but I've heard a little whisper that many players are going to be returning over the next two weeks. Not sure about MHS, MegaJim has gone quiet so we don't hear much from them but I'd say they will have a better team from the last time they met (just a hunch) and with both senior teams off the park for the weekend I'd say a large crowd will turn out. For OT, this week sees the inclusion of L. Pacconi, M. Jessup, J. Gillies, C. Stockdale & possibly the Gilbee likes of D. Bell. So get on OT cause a repeat of Rnd 2 is looming & they will win by over 100points.

OAKLEIGH vs OLD ESSENDON @ Southern Oval Possibly match-of-the-round. Oakleigh looked the goods last week in the wet & OE are starting to shows major signs of complacency. A danger game for the Baby Bombers but going on the result from their last meeting I'm gonna stick with OE by 9points (a little more if Cerantanio plays)

BULLEEN TEMPLESTOWE vs ORMOND @ Ted Ajani Reserve Another big game this Rnd, with the danger team of the comp BT gaining the major home ground advantage at the shocking Ted Ajani Reserve (feel sorry for those Ormond blokes). Should be quite close but the pure size and depth of Ormond will get them across the line by 12points.

Old Mentone with the bye....

Very good preview there LJ, some absolute stunner games on this week where supporters should have the best seat in the house...

Bulleen v. Ormond and Oakleigh v. OE should be to cracker games! IMO Oakleigh will upset OE and Ormond will take Bulleen to the cleaners and show em how footy should be played!

As for your boys LJ, you will absolutely thump Melbourne High by over 170 points... with L.Paccioni winning the ball out of the middle and Jessup and Stockdale playing strong, i cant see you guys letting MHSOB even get a point on the board!

As for Bentleigh v. Old Ivanhoe, the demons deserved a win on the board after coming close on numerous times in the last coming weeks. Bentleigh have a few boys playing seniors and you dont need to be a genius to realise their list isnt as strong as OI's but believe me, the boys play with heart and passion and will put up a good fight against OI!

Good luck to all and will be interesting to read others previews!

whilst the OE boys have been rather lack luster the past few weeks the big sexy can sense a strong return on their behalf this week. although their superstar recruit french DJ BEREK has a slight niggle his presence will still be felt. However, the boys of Ivanhoe have created a very good reputation for themselves, will they go all the way?

i actually think JA has been doing a great job this year but i think he showed a lack of interst (intelligence?) this week by tipping OM to finish 8th this year.....
considering they have the bye this week and with bentleigh playing OI its very likely that OM will go 4 games clear with only 6 games to go
poor effort

i actually think JA has been doing a great job this year but i think he showed a lack of interst (intelligence?) this week by tipping OM to finish 8th this year.....
considering they have the bye this week and with bentleigh playing OI its very likely that OM will go 4 games clear with only 6 games to go
poor effort

that and his infatuation with Monaco. every game he gets a mention.

Round 13 action this week sees some exciting action which go along way to shaping the rest of the season.

With the A/B Grade Bye this weekend, don't be surprised to see players back for Ivanhoe, Trinity, MHSOB and Essendon.

In addition, conditions are again expected to be wet and wild which should bring some teams back to the pack, a la Mentone last weekend.

Bentleigh v Ivanhoe - Bentleigh at home in the wet provides for some close and tough football, which I'm sure Ivanhoe will be all too aware of this week. Delmonte should be back in the side which adds another dimension to Ivanhoe and even though they were tested last weekend, this team is still too strong. (35pts)

MHSOB v Trinity - Will be a little closer than others are predicting given both sides will welcome the return of their senior players. Trinity i think probably have a stronger senior squad and can't afford another loss. Still in the hunt so will be keen to remain that way. (60pts)

Oakleigh v Essendon - Essendon found out last week that just turning up each week is no longer good enough to win games in the second half of the season. A wake up call was given and now find themselves with the prospect of a double drop with Oakleigh looking dangerous at the moment. The game has been moved from Scammell to Mulgrave which will help the visitors and expect to see a much better performance this time around. (25pts)

Bulleen Temp v Ormond - Great job by BT last week to get so close to Ivanhoe and this will give them plenty of confidence to finally get a big scalp this weekend. Ormond will be vulnerable on the Ted Ajani pitch so I'm tipping an upset, which Ormond have been very good at avoiding so far. (11pts)

Mentone - BYE

Good luck to all, and lets all pray for nice weather. Nothing worse than playing in the cold and wet!

Knighta

Bentleigh v Ivanhoe - Bentleigh at home in the wet provides for some close and tough football, which I'm sure Ivanhoe will be all too aware of this week. Delmonte should be back in the side which adds another dimension to Ivanhoe and even though they were tested last weekend, this team is still too strong. (35pts)

35 points Knighta? Being very nice there I think... I do believe bentleigh can push a lot of teams, but with Seniors A & B sections teams having byes this means Old Ivanhoe would be as close as they could get to at full strength!

LFK, I find it strange that you’re questioning Knighta’s forecast for the Ivanhoe/Bentleigh clash. You have to think that, especially in the wet, his prediction will be far closer to the tee than LJ’s of an 120+ pt smashing by OI?

Even with a Full Strength team, I don't think Ivanhoe can achieve this sort of result. Bentleigh are hard nuts and will take it to OI, They won’t win, but they’ll keep the match from being a slaughter.

WinstonSmith please tell me you are joking coz I just had one of the best chuckles of my life......

Bentleigh are a very young team, most of the boys are just stepping up from u17s football! However, whilst some may disagree with Bentleigh being hard nuts, you can certainly be assured i think that everytime they step on that field they play with heart and passion for the jumper! Nevertheless, i still believe as much of a fight as bentleigh can put up against OI, one must surely agree that on paper Old Ivanhoe should at least get up by more than 60 points?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oakleigh this week should clearly dispose of the hacks from OE who were showed a football lesson last week by the young Panthers at OM. The Krushers have far more depth over the park as OE have had to 'hide' players this year around the ground. None more so than 'the best ruckman in the league' Benson, who is the most overated player in this division and perhaps the whole VAFA Under 19's. I felt sorry for the man as i thought he had a disability from the times i have seen him from the sidelines this year, he moves as good as a wombat and has only one play in his ruck movements, a big punch forward. A bit of advice for the Krushers this week play someone 5 meters goal side of the ruck contest and he will hit you on the chest 9 times out of ten.
Krushers for me by 19 points, More if it rains.

lol gee.. ur good with ur calls. wish i could be like you.

Samo, i wish i wasnt you from what i saw last week at the OM Vs OE game. you were clearly teared up on the wing by number 9 (i think from memory) from OM who outclassed you in the first half and caused a change. you are a dud and should not bother at football, maybe your pussy-like attitude towards the ball would be better suited to netball. btw milkman...some great calls... keep them comin

White's Winner's?? Cum on Goodman, lift...

White's Winners:
My tips this week mirror those of the highly credentialed Knight Rider. It's hard to disagree with someone who has such an in depth understanding of the u19(3) competition. His words should be read as gospel, and the ground he walks on worshiped.

A true asset, not just to vafa footy, but everyone who gets the chance to meet KR.

Also, spiritual leader and life coach of OE, The Big Pineapple, will be making the jurney down Malvern way this week. The boys really enjoy his presence, and absorb the positive vibes that ooze out of his pores. Due to this fact, i'll correct KR on his margin, and suggest OE will get up by 26pts, not 25 as suggested!

went down and watched both OE's game and OI's game.... both quality games... will give a wrap up later... Humbling loss to OE...

Knighta

BENTLEIGH 8.6-54 def. by OLD IVANHOE 12.12-84

Looks like Knighta was right on the money with his tip.

Keep up the good work, mate.

Samo, i wish i wasnt you from what i saw last week at the OM Vs OE game. you were clearly teared up on the wing by number 9 (i think from memory) from OM who outclassed you in the first half and caused a change. you are a dud and should not bother at football, maybe your pussy-like attitude towards the ball would be better suited to netball. btw milkman...some great calls... keep them comin
SAMO = SHIT TRUCK

went down and watched both OE's game and OI's game.... both quality games... will give a wrap up later... Humbling loss to OE...

Will be interesting to hear your thoughts on OI, OE, and Oak. 3 teams what will feature prominantly in finals. Also wanna hear your thoughts about key players from these sides, and the difference in their styles of play...

Ok obviously with the bye weeks of the higher sections Old Ivanhoe and Old Essendon you would of expected to have 2 fairly full teams out on the park. The Noteable in's for
Old Ivanhoe: Delmonte, Dal Pos
I went down and watched some of the Old Essendon game but felt I have had Old Essendon overload so went down and watched mostly the Hoers and the Bentleigh as I thought it would be a good barometer as I saw Old Essendon and Bentleigh duke it out...

Bentleigh vs. Old Ivanhoe
As stated earlier a relatively full strength line up saw Old Ivanhoe travel to Bentleigh Rec to play a Bentleigh line up with still alot of injuries and senior call ups, 7 still out... (Spoke to a bentleigh player who was injured and not playing).
1st Quater
A tough contest from the get go with both teams attacking the ball ferociously and intencity that would usually be seen by two finals teams.. As the quater wore on Old Ivanhoe kicked a few late goals to kick a few goals clear..
2nd Quater
Very similiar to the firt quater but a role reversal with Bentleigh getting control and rallying to get to even after a kick after the siren...
3rd Quater
Bentleigh came out of the blocks firing kicking the first 2 to have a 14 point lead only for Old Ivanhoe to rise to the challenge as all good teams do and kick the next 3...
4th Quater
Last quater saw Bentleigh kick and early goal but then Old Ivanhoe kicked it in a another gear as Bentleigh seemed to have lost momentum and puff as the Hoers best all chipped in to help the cause...

Game Notes:
An excellent game with Bentleigh testing the Hoers with ferocity at the ball all game, to their credit they rose to the occassion and dished it out just as much, a very clean but physical game.. Both teams should come out happy with their performance
Delmonte taken to the cleaners, kicked a coupleof cheapies but well beaten

Hoers Best:
Spargo: Beaten by The Bentleigh captain in the first half only to swap possies to loose man and carve Bentleigh up in the 2nd half...Most influential player on the ground after half time.. Can play

Oakleigh vs. Old Essendon
Both teams with relatively full teams... Oakleigh seniors played on the weekend but have a very strong lineup that it near impossible to break into for the u19's which has been key to the success of Oakleigh this year.

Didn't see much as what mostly at the other game but mates stayed and watched this game and just commented at how wasteful OE were once again in front of goal...

Game Notes First half should of seen OE up by a few goals although they on many occassions played selfish football and blazed away...
Oakleigh play as a team one of the best at it in the comp...
Oakleigh boys felt OE are very overrated and nowhere near as hard as the Hoers..

Anyway i will do a strengths and weaknesses as the top 4 are pretty much cemented very soon, if you don't agree with my SWOT on the teams I don't care!! I think im unbias and know what i'm talking about

I think you'll find there is only 1 man with the credentials and knowledge to comment on this thread...ME!!!

You all laughed at my tips this week yet the margins were spot on in all cases, except OE who had a wasteful day in front of the sticks.

I agree with mightysainters in that OE were extremely wasteful on the weekend, kicking another 16 points. However, can't agree with your other comments.

My opinion is that Oakleigh are still clearly 4th to Ivanhoe, Essendon and Ormond, even after the weekends match.

MHSOB v Trinity - Will be a little closer than others are predicting given both sides will welcome the return of their senior players. Trinity i think probably have a stronger senior squad and can't afford another loss. Still in the hunt so will be keen to remain that way. (60pts)

Right on the money as usual Knighta :thumbsu: kudos. OT's definately would have liked to win by more but to MHS credit they played well considering their current issues with player numbers.
This game however, was spoilt by a sickening display of umpiring from possibly the biggest moron I have ever come across. At almost every contest, at both ground level and in the air, there was a whistle blown. There were two umps, one was fine (funny bloke that laughed at the other ump all day) and the other was some old idiot with a very whiteish grey top & beard. He did his best to pull free-kicks from nowhere all day and it was unbearably frustating for both sides. In all SERIOUSNESS this man should never be allowed to umpire another game of football whether its Junior or Ammo, he was a disgrace to the VAFA and should definately have his Umpiring License or Certificate (if there is such a thing) reviewed.

Sounds exactly like the umpire we had against Mentone the previous week!

I'm all for the job umpires do for the game, but wish they would protect the players and not over umpire what would otherwise be a great contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back