Vafa U/19 (3) - 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nowhere in Frank's post does it refer to the bloke's ability on the field u clown, he simply says that the guy is a tool. A statement that I am inclined to agree with, along with many other posters. So here's a thought, before you pay someone out, check and re-check their post so that you don't make yourself look like more of a dumbcant than you actually are...oh, and wipe your mouth cos you have a little bit of stagchilli on your lips!

ralph are you a little bit upset that the whole competition has realised that your team is a bunch of pretenders? i know its hard to come to terms with but there's no need to take it out on me.
those are impressive stats from the others, but those stats havent occured (yet) for those blokes when it matters in a GF, look forward to watching them tho.

ralph are you a little bit upset that the whole competition has realised that your team is a bunch of pretenders? i know its hard to come to terms with but there's no need to take it out on me.
those are impressive stats from the others, but those stats havent occured (yet) for those blokes when it matters in a GF, look forward to watching them tho.
Hook, line and sinker titeleash! No not at all, my previous post had nothing to do with either myself or my club. I was simply pointing out your error in spraying a bloke for completely the wrong reason because FC never alluded to stagchilli as a player and I too was agreeing that stagchilli is a tool. Also, although they have lost a couple in recent weeks, OE still sit 2nd so don't get too chirpy just yet there slick...

Old Ivanhoe
Old Essendon
Ormond
Oakleigh

All i can say is this weeks game between Ormond and Old Essendon is a huge one for both teams. Both are fighting for the double chance in the finals...
Knight Rider and the other OE people, how do you ate your chances, and do you have any cruicial ins to get you over the line. surely a crunch game.

One thing i wanna know about Ormond, is are all there seniors players going to be back for finals. If not, how will they make up these defecits:

They lost to OE by 55 points
They lost to OE by 108 points
They lost to Mentone by 29 points.

where will they make up that ground? 55 points and 108 points are thumpings... Do they have a entire list turnover?

It used to happen all the time during my time in the 19s! Don't you remember TBP?

I can also confirm that B Jones has had 49 touches in a game this year, with 29 in the second half. I can also confirm "silkworm" J Tootell had 27 to halftime a few weeks ago.

I would say Geishien also has similar stats as did probably Borland last weekend.

Ahh yes, I remember now.

The last 4 years must have taken it's toll on the memory Knighter. With VAFA conventions coast to coast (Perth, Sydney, Byron Bay & Gold Coast), as well as the VAFA parties thrown in Portsea, Torquay and Mt Bulla the brain isn't functioning as well as it used to.

My most vivid memory from my under 19 days was the day some young punk, about 5'7", sunk Weribee with a goal after the siren, from outside he arc and into the wind.

Can I milk your breast's milk man?
Junkyard as i only deliver milk to front doors to please the communitiy,there is no possible way you could get milk from my 'breasts'. You should see if Stagg Chilli will let you..i hear he has milk that is bursting to get churned in to butter.

With the final 4 cemented just wanted to know what u guys think of BT. Not easy making the move up a grade, and many in the past have failed in there first year. Would you rate there season as wasted or successful?

With the final 4 cemented just wanted to know what u guys think of BT. Not easy making the move up a grade, and many in the past have failed in there first year. Would you rate there season as wasted or successful?

Also with sandmans post, what would you think of OM's move up? Both teams have not disgraced themselves. any comments

And in response to the finals outlook:

Old Ivanhoe heavy favorites, take a major upset to see them go down, the flag is almost a formality. Would be one of those won every game then lost the GF stories if they were to lose. Definatly would be a U19 (1) contender had they been in that division. To take a page out of Damien Aitkens book i would have them as $1.30 for the flag

If they were to lose would probably be to Oakleigh. I rate them as #2 in the league when they're playing to they're full potential. Very polished and play to a stricked game plan. Midfield is very well constructed and drilled.

Ormond lack core players to get them over the line. Play alot on emotion (which can help in finals) but when an OI is turning it on will find it hard to go with them.

Old Essendon, might upset you to here as i notice alot of OE members on this thread, but seems a very delicate team. This usually means come finals they may get beaten by 10+ goals. In a finals game will find it hard to match up with the bigger bodies of OI.

What do you all think?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i dont think BT have discraced themselves at all. i dont recall them losing by more than 4-5 goals besides round 1 vs ivanhoe. Always competitive week-in-week-out. Also a young side and will be bak and better next year.

Large John, what do you think will happen in this weeks games?Any Tips?

Round 13 sees a well deserved break for the Hoers who go in as one of the only undefeated sides remaining in the VAFA, can they go all the way?? But as for those on the park this will be a huge week of football. Tips & Preview:

Ormond vs Old Essendon @ EE Gun Reserve - Match-of-the-Round by a long shot. These two teams are both very physical and have much body size which will be interesting to see who uses is best. Both have shown consitent form throughout the season, Essendon just having some small hiccups of late. Also just to add, this game's results will be greatly influenced if the almighty Kyle Rodwell plays. But non-the-less it will be Monders at home by 30+ points.

Old Trinity vs Bulleen Temp @ Marles Playing Fields, Trinity Grammar - Another big game for both teams. A loss to OT could see them drop to 7th, but if my sources inform me correctly the ins for the T's may prove too strong. Again returning are the likes of R.Humann, Julian "The Judge" Murphy & the master of leverage Scottski Meighan. On BT's side of things it seems Monaco is starting to find form and the ever consitent A. Lucisano will prove difficult for the OT defence to hold down. But I'll stick with the home team (surprise, surprise) by 40points.

Old Mentone vs Bentleigh @ Mentone Grammar Playing Fields - Both teams have shown some great form of late. Bentleigh pushing top sides to the final siren and OM casuing one of the upsets of the season. However I believe that Old Mentone rely quite a bit on their school boys so with the AGSV season commencing this weekend after the holidays, Bentleigh will come away with the upset win and a major confidence boost for the remaining 5 matches. Bentleigh by 4 goals.

Oakleigh vs MHSOB @ Southern Oval - Not much to be said here. Oakleigh running extremely hot and MHS struggling to field a team. The Krushers by 120+points (little less if it rains heavily)

Old Ivanhoe - Bye

Definatly would be a U19 (1) contender had they been in that division. To take a page out of Damien Aitkens book i would have them as $1.30 for the flag

Sandman, that has to be one of the most ridiculous statements I have heard this year. OI would be good in Div 2 but not fantastic and to put them in Div 1, I honestly doubt they'd win a game. I think you may have underestimated the difference in the level of football between Div 3 and Div 1. Also for future reference its Johnny Aitken not Damien

After my oh so accurate predictions last weekend, Knighta once more peers into his crystal ball for the all important Round 13 action.

Big weekend of games which may settle a few questions, raise some more and end a few finals aspirations.

Trinity v Bulleen Temp - This game should be nice a close given both teams have shown glimpses this year but unfortunately can't string it together long enough to make it count. Trinity no doubt will once more see a few of their better players to the seniors to fight off relegation, but don't under estimate BT and big bad Monaco. I'm tipping somewhat of an upset because I think BT are better than their ladder position (15pts).

Mentone v Bentleigh - Now this should be interesting! AGSV re-commences this weekend and that may well mean no Mentone. Fridman is back to his best of late and might just get his troops over the line. However, I've backed Mentone on a few occasions this year only to see them faulter and this is the last chance which is based on pure finals aspirations and home ground advantage. (23pts)

Oakleigh v MHSOB - Oakleigh will be sky high after last week and perhaps now true believers that grand finals are possible. MHSOB will again see players return to their seniors after a spirited performance last week. Oakleigh will be too strong and get a % boosting win. Paola and my man Borland to fire! (75pts)

and now we get to the big one....

Ormond v Essendon

Much spoken about this game already with Essendon taking up half the VAFA record this week with insightful comments from JA. Everyone says it's for the double chance, and their all correct. The game starting at 9:20am hurts both sides but more so Essendon. However, I think it might galvanise the team having to entering the bad lands that are the far eastern suburbs.

Should be some interesting matchups with Te Hennepe and Simpson both dangerous for the Monda's and if Rodwell plays things could heat up! Essendon however have Benson and Jones in fine form and with a forward line converting their chances will make it hard for Ormond. The ground is small which means the ball will move from end to end very quickly and I predict a high scoring match in which Essendon win 124 to Ormond 110 (14pts).

Good luck to both teams and lets enjoy the return of fine and balmy weather and not this bitter, cold and rain snap over the last couple of weeks.

Knighta!

Knight_in_Camelot.jpg

Good Flick!!

seeing as though no one has really given your question much of a response sandman, i thought id give you my oppinions.... and really, white's opinion is the only one that counts at the end of the day.

i think BT have been very dangerous at times, and like Knighta, believe their ladder position is not an accurate indication of their ability. a very physical side, and a statistically, the 3rd best defence in the competion. a very impressive statistic, however it does highlight their lack of ability to kick a winning score, with few avenues to goal, apart from Monaco.

rumour has it melb high have now dropped out of the compition as well???

my tips this week

ormond v ols ess.. ormord just. at EE gun reserve (home) will just get ova the line in some finals preview!

Trinity v BT. trinty being the only team i have not seen play this year i cant really say to much about this game. trinity by a couple of goals

mentone v bentleigh. bentleigh have been showing some good form as late thier last month of footy has been much better then ealier in the season. and with mentone skools games going on bentleigh in a close one

if wat i said earlier is tru oakleigh dont have a game but if they do will win comfortably against the high boys

ivenhoe with a handy bye leading upto a big game with oakleigh next week... possibly 2 fresh sides with the week off which is the grand final preveiw for me!

as for White's Winners this week, white this week has to disagree with Knighta, despite his current form...

Ormond v OE: Unless something drastic has been done about the inaccuracy down at Keilor Hill, im tipping OE to again kick themselves out of the game, and be left to rue missed opportunities. However we all know the early bird catches the worm, and OE may just be that much more switched on at 9.20am.... lets just hope its not the silkworm that is caught!!!

Old Trinity v Bulleen Temp: Tough game to pick, both teams very good on their day, hoever as i illuded to before, BT may not have the firepower to get over the line, especially away from their home ground.

Old Menton v Bentleigh: Bentleigh to smash the short people from Mentone, who without their school boys would struggle to be competitive in u19(north)!! Fridman to K.O at least two players

Oakleigh v MHSOB: a no brainer, Oakleigh to comfortably account for a very ordinary Melb High. Oakleigh could win without getting out of second gear, and could rest their prime movers if they chose to.

if u look on the vafa site it shows fridman has played last 2 games in the 1s down at bentleigh and been in the best both games. so im guessing he wont play U/19s this week once again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back