Vafa U/19 (3) - 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To early to read into anything about any teams yet. Its round 2. Its a long season, alot of these boys have only ever played school footy, and they are 8 and 9 game seasons, the vafa is a long 18 game season, and come june and july will be the real test for teams to keep up there form, with injuries, shit weather, player drop off, injuries in the seniors meaning 19s play 1's. There is alot of football to be played yet. In this comp last year oakliegh lost 2 games all season and didnt win a final, and Ormond were 4th all year, then steamrolled ivanhoe then oakliegh to make the GF (to lose to St Bede's - they were to good for division 3).

Teams drop off, others get players back, which makes the under 19s the least predictable comp in the vafa.

Make early predictions about whose gonna be in finals at your own peril!

The only things we can judge is individual performances. Who are the shining lights at the moment from each club. Who is your tip for the goal kicking? Who is your tip for the league B and F?
regarding the league goalkicking: i know that 2 latrobe boys would be coming 1 and 2, but latrobe never seems to enter their details (and in their best and goalkickers). Dissapointing

Yeah agreed there with NB#7... some good points...

On players to watch out for:

Oakleigh:

#16 Derks-Revere
#23 Tim-Edwards

Ormond:

#11 Jack Wardley

Old Ivanhoe:

#5 Adrian Delmont
#11 Robert Hondromatid
Their ruckman don't know his name,
Baldwyn if he plays
#23 Evan Spargo

The others not to sure off... Goal kicking... the bloke from Bullen surely, heard his just a freak... will see though.

One quick question though to the boys down La Trobe way, when are uni holidays for you and will you guys struggle again during that time, unlucky IMO...

I heard Derks-Revere got a football lesson at the hands of the OE's midfield last weekend. So ineffective was he that the opposition didn't bother checking him after 1/4 time!

Shane Borland is a much more dangerous player for Oakleigh. He plays in the middle then goes forward to kick a handful each week.

I heard Derks-Revere got a football lesson at the hands of the OE's midfield last weekend. So ineffective was he that the opposition didn't bother checking him after 1/4 time!

Shane Borland is a much more dangerous player for Oakleigh. He plays in the middle then goes forward to kick a handful each week.

Surely you are kidding...to say you late shane kick goals against you is just a shame... if you said derks tore it up that would be understandable but borland.... mmhh nothing against him but IMO derks rates much higher.

Yeah agreed there with NB#7... some good points...

On players to watch out for:

Oakleigh:

#16 Derks-Revere
#23 Tim-Edwards

Ormond:

#11 Jack Wardley

Old Ivanhoe:

#5 Adrian Delmont
#11 Robert Hondromatid
Their ruckman don't know his name,
Baldwyn if he plays
#23 Evan Spargo

The others not to sure off... Goal kicking... the bloke from Bullen surely, heard his just a freak... will see though.

One quick question though to the boys down La Trobe way, when are uni holidays for you and will you guys struggle again during that time, unlucky IMO...

uni holidays are in about 4 weeks time, so latrobe will struggle for the 4 weeks after that...which is a shame.

No doubt the top 3 will be a class above the rest. OE, OI and OT - whomever finishes 4th will need a massive effort to push beyond the 1st semi.

Top 3 is far from cemented... Old Trinity has not proven anything they beat a very average Oakleigh side, an even less underamanned team than in round 1 Melbourne High with 19 players and by the end struggled to have 18 on the field.
The only team that has proven something is Old Ivanhoe, they should have beaten bulleen by 100 but innacuracy cost them and then demolished a Bentleigh team who were on top at the time. Bentleigh are far from shabby and when players come back will be a contender.
Whilst Old Essendon beat Mentonians and Oakleigh... Far from star studded sides.

The contenders this year in no particular order
Old Ivanhoe
Ormond
Old Trinity
Bentleigh
Old Essendon
La Trobe

second comment is more accurate. OT and OE results are nothing to get too excited by. I would be more interested in Ormond and La Trobe. Dont write of BT either

second comment is more accurate. OT and OE results are nothing to get too excited by. I would be more interested in Ormond and La Trobe. Dont write of BT either
I just checked the results and it seems OE's must be ok to knock off Ormond by 55pts.

Interesting to see Trinty lose to Bullen and Mentone beating Bentleigh!

Ormond undermanned with a few big-names out or playing seniors, bentleigh missed a few and oakleigh pulled a cat out of the hat!
I guess they would want to be exceptionally good players to pull back 55pts. All teams have players in the seniors, including OE's...they don't count!

Do you guys still rate Trinity?

Trinity's performance on the weekend was definately a reason to question their "flag favouritism". They played some of the worst football the team has seen since the start of the season. To Bulleen-Temps credit they played very well with a couple of blokes (Luca #23 i think, #28 & #42) all standing out.
At the same time I wouldn't take the result at high regard.
Be sure to see the OT's bounce back after a hard week on the track, at home and ready to make amends for their shocking perfromance on the weekend. La Trobe will need to play some particularly outstanding football or face a similar result to MHSOB

guys, its spelt bullEEn.

and i see ur already putting down bulleen temps win as an abberation. underestimate them at ur own peril. they may not make finals this year, but they will definately have a say in who does make the finals, and expect them to come home with a wet sail. its a habit the 19's have had for the past 4 years now.

Surely you are kidding...to say you late shane kick goals against you is just a shame... if you said derks tore it up that would be understandable but borland.... mmhh nothing against him but IMO derks rates much higher.

Shane Borland kicked 3 goals and was second best on the weekend for Oakleigh...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i see ur already putting down bulleen temps win as an abberation. underestimate them at ur own peril.

Not underestimating at all. Trinity played SH*T football clear and simple. Thought Bulleen-Temp were the best team OT's have played so far. I hope they do make finals and I think they certainly have a chance. Got alot of dog in em, and are the kind of team that will keep giving all four-quarters. Coming up a grade and being a surprise package always makes it unpredictable and hard for other teams to predict quality players and styles of play. I think Bulleen-Temp can use this and really make something of their 07 season.

It's annoying that on the VAFA site results, only 1 of the 5 games from last weekend has the full details (goals and best) for both sides. I for one am always interested to see things like the leading goal-kickers for the year, and who's been in the best most and at the moment we can't accurately view this. I know it's only a small matter but is it the VAFA being slack, or something else?

Its up to the coaches/team-managers to submit detailed results i'm pretty sure...?

Some interesting games this Rnd with the the battle for relegation commencing & a massive mid-table clash:
-Would like to see MHSOB get their first win on the board but can't see that happening down Keysie way. OM by 24points
-Old Essendon should account for BT at home quite easily, I'd be looking at a 40+ point win.
-Old Ivanhoe have quite the task on their hands but should get over the line against Oakleigh. OI by 12points.
-OT at home will avenge last weeks horrific performance by taming the boys from Bundoora. OT by 50+ points.
-As for the 'Match of the Round' Bentleigh & Ormond face off at E.E. Gunn Reserve. Should be a classic battle but can't see Ormond going down at home. Ormond by 8points.

Thoughts??

Some interesting games this Rnd with the the battle for relegation commencing & a massive mid-table clash:
-Would like to see MHSOB get their first win on the board but can't see that happening down Keysie way. OM by 24points
-Old Essendon should account for BT at home quite easily, I'd be looking at a 40+ point win.
-Old Ivanhoe have quite the task on their hands but should get over the line against Oakleigh. OI by 12points.
-OT at home will avenge last weeks horrific performance by taming the boys from Bundoora. OT by 50+ points.
-As for the 'Match of the Round' Bentleigh & Ormond face off at E.E. Gunn Reserve. Should be a classic battle but can't see Ormond going down at home. Ormond by 8points.

Thoughts??
MHSOB might just drop a few back from the seniors for this match. I think it could be their best chance at victory all season and with their seniors in big trouble, not having the kids one week won't make a difference. MHSOB in an upset, just!

Thoughts??

Big rivalry between the two, should be a stella game... however IMO OT v. La Trobe would be right up there for game of the week too... three weeks in and round 4 looks to be another beauty, looking forward to it!

however IMO OT v. La Trobe would be right up there for game of the week too...

Good call. OT will be looking to redeem themselves and prove to the rest of the comp they are the real deal. While La Trobe need to win to show they are serious finals contenders. Should be a quality game!

Mentone will have an easy win this weekend, back to some sort of form last week

I wouldn't Jump On the Old Mentonian Bandwagon Just yet De_la, Whilst, yes, they did beat a very under-maned Bentleigh side, they were no way convincing! Bentleigh played an absolute disgrase of a game, and from most peoples perspective, bentleigh lost, Mentone didnt win!

Im not jumping on anything mate coz i was never off them. U still have to play ok to win a game of footy mate u cant play terribly after losing your first two games by a lot and win. Well let the score on the weekend tell the story though, should be interesting

Thoughts??

OM and MHSOB should be a close game...both sides have something to prove, mentionians should win quite comfortably if they believe they are as good as they are.

Il agree with Old Essendon....they are looking quite impressive at the moment and dont see them losing this game

Old Ivanhoe have quite a task u say...the Biggest Task old Ivanhoe will face on saturday is battling the traffic conditions coming down Bourke Rd to get to Oakleigh!...followed by the phone bill required after the game to phone in all their goal kickers.. Spargo Delmonte and Pantano to fire!

OT to beat the boys from bundoora...

Bentleigh Vs Ormond is always a great game. Neither sides have shown what they fully capable of, however if The Boys from Aurthur St get their running Game Happening they should just get over the top.

good luck to all..

OM v MHSOB - the unicorns will put up a fights but OM's will be just too good.
OE v Bulleen Temp - will be close early but OE's fitness and speed to kill the game off in the third quarter.
OI v Oakleigh - Oakleigh are competitive and strong but OI's are flying so will get the job done again.
OT v La Trobe - I'm not convinced on OT so picking an upset in La Trobe this weekend, don't let me down boys!
Bentleigh v Ormond - Ormond will be too strong for Bentleigh and we get home by 4 goals.

Best of luck to all, and remember Knighta sent you!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back