VAFA PREMIER C 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice edit, Briza. You have been the standard-bearer for critiquing other clubs via your many and varied username incarnations. You even turned rebuking Uni Blues into a lifestyle.

I was complimentary of the way the tack-ons have worked their way from a lower grade to mid-table. And to JE's part in it. I think you may have knicked "sterling" from me in expressing my admiration. But for Jimmy/James to suggest the tack-ons will be a "powerhouse" club is laugh-out-loud funny. I mean, talk about drinking your bathwater. They were way off the pace in comparison to the top teams in Prem 'C' this year. And despite what Jimmy/James says my sleuth tells me they will lose players. Jimmy/James was much more level-headed and far better informed when he was "Rosejam"

It's not unusual for a club to work its way from a lower grade to mid-table. A few have even made it through to Prem 'A'. But the only club to have done this in a sustained way in modern times are the boys from your alma mater. Ipso facto, a powerhouse. You might even agree that the tack-ons are no SKOB.

So far as Marto is concerned the age difference between him and JE should/may mean he still has higher coaching ambitions. I doubt JE did. So dropping two divisions in standard would be a retrograde step as I see it. In Jimmy/James's weird world that opinion constitutes being ill-informed.:rolleyes: Let's be candid, his last two appointments haven't been raging successes so garnering more expertise by working under a head coach with a record of achievement at say VFL or even U18 level makes more sense to me. I respect his footy smarts and what a player, cruelled by injury. Where he lives should have zero to do with where he ends up coaching-wise, if he has higher ambitions.
Would seem I'm not the only one who believes in the clubs potential. Keep laughing.

Remove this Banner Ad

VAFA PREMIER C 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back