Vafa U/19 (3) - 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually milkman, i retract my last comment. your prediction is absolutly rediculous you peasant!!

even if oakleigh were to lose both of those games, for OM to stay intouch with the 4 they would have to over come OT and OI on their home turf, as well as BT at the Ted Anji Res. I wouldn't be penciling in any of these as victories, and will go a step furthur and say your more likely to lose at least 3 of your last 4 games, if not all of them.

Cant see Oakleigh dropping out of the 4, even after a 85 point drubbing to the ladder leaders, they still have enough good players to ensure they win at least 2 of there last 3 games.

What happened in that game? All oakleighs big guns are listed, Derks, Edwards, Paola, Borland... did they just put in a bad one, or were OI to good? Alot has been said about OI's gun players, but i reckon its their depth that is there strength... anyone with inside info care to share?

Essendon are running into a bit of form again, with a few familiar names back in Williams. How long for Cerentonio? Will Wilson play finals?

Still not convinces about Ormond, have 3 big weeks ahead to prove themselves finals contenders, and sadly enough OM wont make finals...

Good to see Bentleigh still fighting hard week in week out, great for the comp, and Melb high seemed to have put up a good fight also.

Bulleen Temp - Have not been discrased at all this season, great to see, can Monaco win the goal kicking?

Top 4
OI
OE
Ormond
Oakleigh

actually milkman, i retract my last comment. your prediction is absolutly rediculous you peasant!!

even if oakleigh were to lose both of those games, for OM to stay intouch with the 4 they would have to over come OT and OI on their home turf, as well as BT at the Ted Anji Res. I wouldn't be penciling in any of these as victories, and will go a step furthur and say your more likely to lose at least 3 of your last 4 games, if not all of them.

White your fiesty fella
Will be tough to win all 4 games but i reckon we are a very big chance...With agsv competition out of the way..and inclusions of big game players...dont write us off yet..

Cant see Oakleigh dropping out of the 4, even after a 85 point drubbing to the ladder leaders, they still have enough good players to ensure they win at least 2 of there last 3 games.

What happened in that game? All oakleighs big guns are listed, Derks, Edwards, Paola, Borland... did they just put in a bad one, or were OI to good? Alot has been said about OI's gun players, but i reckon its their depth that is there strength... anyone with inside info care to share?

Essendon are running into a bit of form again, with a few familiar names back in Williams. How long for Cerentonio? Will Wilson play finals?

Still not convinces about Ormond, have 3 big weeks ahead to prove themselves finals contenders, and sadly enough OM wont make finals...

Good to see Bentleigh still fighting hard week in week out, great for the comp, and Melb high seemed to have put up a good fight also.

Bulleen Temp - Have not been discrased at all this season, great to see, can Monaco win the goal kicking?

Top 4
OI
OE
Ormond
Oakleigh

Dont think Monaco can win it NB. As of late playing most his football in the midfield and a bit down back. Drifting foward only a few times a match. Delmontes' 6 almost guaruntees him the title. Not only that but BT have 1 more bye. Also do they count finals goals?

White's Winners this week:

Ormond v Old Ivanhoe: the hoes to easily account for the monders, who will br well out of their depths against the flag favourites, especially after they demolished the Krushers last week. However if JA is right, and he rarely is, the grand final t-shirts may have been printed a little prematurarly... come finals time, anything can happen.
OI by 78pts

Old Essendon v MHSOB: should be a much tighter contest than the last time these two sides met, if MH are to put in a similar performance to last week. and rumor is believed to be fact that Mega Jim is back in business, and will be slipping in nicely into the unicorns midfield, along side grinholz and co. those from the OE hierarchy tell me a few scores are yet to be settled with the #22 (grinholz) who will want to develop eyes in the back of his head come saturday!
OE by 50pts

Old Trininty v Old Mentone: in what is a must win game for mentone to keep any flagging finals aspirrations alive, im tipping the Ts to win in a hotly contested affair. have not rated OM all year, and the sooner they accept the fact that they are a bunch of hacks, the happier White will be.
OT by 15pts

Oakleigh v Bentleigh: the two neighbouring teams will be preparing themselves for the derby this week. Oakleigh on paper appear to have Bentleigh covered at all bases, and they should prevail this week. Bentleigh took it up to Ormond last week, and were unlucky to come away with the 4pts, however i rate Oakleigh slightly more than i do Ormond and will tip the
Oaks to get up by 35pts

JA do not ever mention the term White's Winners again in your pathetic attempt at the u19 weekly report!

Whitegoodman firstly you say "the T's to win in a hotly contested affair" and then you bag the OM's saying their "a bunch of hacks" great way to contradict yourself. You must have been one of the peanuts last year that wrote of the OM's!

Whitegoodman firstly you say "the T's to win in a hotly contested affair" and then you bag the OM's saying their "a bunch of hacks" great way to contradict yourself. You must have been one of the peanuts last year that wrote of the OM's!

well larger john (very original by the way) if you look at the two clubs respective ladder positions (OM 5th, OT 6th) it would suggest the two clubs are evenly matched, and therefor will be a close game. It will be hotly contested because you tools will still think your finals chances are alive, and OT, who are better than their record suggests, will be playing just as intensly for pride....

not that much of a contradiction if you ask me.

Sorry to take this a bit of the topic, but while WG has mentioned it, why would you ("LARGER JOHN") basically taken someone else's name on this forum... i know after reading the last few comments i was totally confused because i know the original LJ plays for OT... get a new account!

well with oakleigh proving they are no match for Old Ivanhoe, and Ormond only a day away from getting a lesson in football, is JA right in suggesting that the result of Grand Final is a formaility?? or are Ormond and Oakleigh looking to save their best for the finals, and like Makybe Diva in the '06 Cox Plate come from no where, and cruise to victory??

Let's not forget Old Essendon. Despite losing 3 of 4 at the midway point of the season, which saw a lot of punters jump of them, the boys from Keilor Hill look to be back to they're damaging best. Jones is playing with his own pill again, Trevaskis is quelling every forward thrust, and my man (Lenhart) is playing some exciting footy across the half- forward line, and that's only to name a few...
Add to the list Remboulis and the skipper in Cerentonio and the Bombers could take it up to Old Ivanhoe.

But if you ask me, JA is on the money. 14-0 doesn't happen through good luck, which is what OE, Ormond and Oakleigh will be needing if they are to knock off the top dogs.

well with oakleigh proving they are no match for Old Ivanhoe, and Ormond only a day away from getting a lesson in football, is JA right in suggesting that the result of Grand Final is a formaility?? or are Ormond and Oakleigh looking to save their best for the finals, and like Makybe Diva in the '06 Cox Plate come from no where, and cruise to victory??

Let's not forget Old Essendon. Despite losing 3 of 4 at the midway point of the season, which saw a lot of punters jump of them, the boys from Keilor Hill look to be back to they're damaging best. Jones is playing with his own pill again, Trevaskis is quelling every forward thrust, and my man (Lenhart) is playing some exciting footy across the half- forward line, and that's only to name a few...
Add to the list Remboulis and the skipper in Cerentonio and the Bombers could take it up to Old Ivanhoe.

But if you ask me, JA is on the money. 14-0 doesn't happen through good luck, which is what OE, Ormond and Oakleigh will be needing if they are to knock off the top dogs.
And what a specimen this kid is! A little known fact about James is that he was the U/18 Australian breakdancing champion. Not bad for such a cultured and refined individual....

MEGA here. i firstly must apologise for my long time absence from BF, the reasons as to why i have not posted for so long must not be spoken of publicly, and even if i did share with all i feel most of you dim witted fools would not understand my storey nor would you be able to comprehend the hardships MEGA has felt over the past month. and i must say the only reason i have returned is because of JA's comments this week in the VAFA record asking 'who is MEGA?' all those tryin to answere this question.... give up, only one person knows MEGA and that is MEGA himself, and MEGA never puts a foot wrong and is always ready (like all the ladies he lays eyes on), so give up, sure the OE pretty boys may be keepin their eyes open for MEGA tomoro but they shall never find him nor know his true identity. unless they wish to come to room any thurs night and meet the man behind the mask. just remember to;

tellem' MEGA sent you!

enough about me lets talk VAFA div 3's.

whilst i have been away the hoes have become a massive force and are strong favorites to win the flag esp after their huge win last week smashin a possible top four team.

la trobe have been forced out of the comp, shame.

OE lost a few games, this is a shame as it proved my nemisis lefty correct but they seem to be gatherin form but still dont seem to be at their old strength yet.

rumors are riff that MHSOB will drop out of the comp.

the simpson movie was a massive let down.

Ormond continue to prove themselves as serious finals threat consistantly winning close games and sitting pretty in 3rd place.

old mentonians are having a strong second half to the season and are a long shot for finals.

Whitey still seems to have the 2nd highest IQ on BF behind yours truely.

and we have a few new ppl who i seem to like, including you Ralph!

thats it from MEGA

good luck for the w\e's games!

wow!! some big results from the days play...

Ormond dishing out Ivanhoe's first loss of the year, after i, like many gave them no chance. Would love to get some feedback from anyone who saw/ played in the game. How did Ormond manage to keep Ivanhoe to such a low score??

Also, OT beat Mentone convincingly, as picked by yours truely (up yours JA!!) and ended any finals chances. Oakleigh smashed Bentleigh, which is no mean feat...

Lets get some feed back from the games... plenty to talk about!! Including the fact that MHSOB folded today, giving OE two weeks off. Will this break put a spanner in the works of their finals build up, after getting back to some impressive form...?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Right on White! Some very interesting and exciting results yesterday which has blown the premiership wide open. Ivanhoe just this week had their t-shirts made up but now might need to re-think the sale of these at the Chelsworth canteen as rumoured to already be happening.

Ormond - now back in contention for second spot with the win and again a true premiership chance. Holman and a few others have come back from their seniors and the difference is extremely evident.

Ivanhoe - all good teams need a loss and this no doubt will be loss they "had to have" before finals. However, Leigh Matthews once said, "if it bleeds, we can kill it" and perhaps Ivanhoe have been dismantled.

Essendon - two week break which should rejuvinate the team and let the players recover from any nagging injuries. Beat Ormond at Ormond only 2 weeks ago which now seems no mean feat!

Oakleigh - still in the hunt as they too have beatin Ormond but got thumped by Ivanhoe. All makes for an interesting finals series in which all teams could get the cup.

Right on White! Some very interesting and exciting results yesterday which has blown the premiership wide open. Ivanhoe just this week had their t-shirts made up but now might need to re-think the sale of these at the Chelsworth canteen as rumoured to already be happening.
Haha Thats Funny...

Ivanhoe - all good teams need a loss and this no doubt will be loss they "had to have" before finals. However, Leigh Matthews once said, "if it bleeds, we can kill it" and perhaps Ivanhoe have been dismantled.
Wise Quotes of Predator there... Ivanhoe The "Predator" and Ormand "Dutch"...

the 4 is set.. looks like finals will be oak v ivenhoe and ormond v old ess

should be a cracking finals series

Won't it actually be OI V OEG in week 1 with the winner going straight into the GF?
Logic would suggest that's the case TBP!

Do Oakleigh have the wood on Ormond who have the wood Ivanhoe who have the wood on Essendon who have the wood on Ormond???

Should be an interesting finals series.

haha oh shit my bad... yea it is OI v OE and ormond v oak!

still stick to my statement of a cracking finals series tho haha

ormond and oakleigh should draw a massive crowd with both teams close to each other

not too much should be looked into oakleighs win ova bentleigh either on the w/e with bentleigh almost calling the game off due to lack of players only 18 and 2 were reserves players and 1 was a call in thats regestered but only played 1 or 2 games all year.. still oaks won.

MEGA here. i firstly must apologise for my long time absence from BF, the reasons as to why i have not posted for so long must not be spoken of publicly, and even if i did share with all i feel most of you dim witted fools would not understand my storey nor would you be able to comprehend the hardships MEGA has felt over the past month. and i must say the only reason i have returned is because of JA's comments this week in the VAFA record asking 'who is MEGA?' all those tryin to answere this question.... give up, only one person knows MEGA and that is MEGA himself, and MEGA never puts a foot wrong and is always ready (like all the ladies he lays eyes on), so give up, sure the OE pretty boys may be keepin their eyes open for MEGA tomoro but they shall never find him nor know his true identity. unless they wish to come to room any thurs night and meet the man behind the mask. just remember to;

tellem' MEGA sent you!

enough about me lets talk VAFA div 3's.

whilst i have been away the hoes have become a massive force and are strong favorites to win the flag esp after their huge win last week smashin a possible top four team.

la trobe have been forced out of the comp, shame.

OE lost a few games, this is a shame as it proved my nemisis lefty correct but they seem to be gatherin form but still dont seem to be at their old strength yet.

rumors are riff that MHSOB will drop out of the comp.

the simpson movie was a massive let down.

Ormond continue to prove themselves as serious finals threat consistantly winning close games and sitting pretty in 3rd place.

old mentonians are having a strong second half to the season and are a long shot for finals.

Whitey still seems to have the 2nd highest IQ on BF behind yours truely.

and we have a few new ppl who i seem to like, including you Ralph!

thats it from MEGA

good luck for the w\e's games!
I've been waiting all my life to here that.....

Logic would suggest that's the case TBP!

Do Oakleigh have the wood on Ormond who have the wood Ivanhoe who have the wood on Essendon who have the wood on Ormond???

Should be an interesting finals series.

Should be a fantastic finals series. All sides in the 4 worthy contenders. OI still heavy favorites but the other 3 have a real chance to steal a flag.

Now for a few qns put to you:

Who will win the flag?

Who will get Norm Smith honors?

Can we expect a close GF?

Who will crack under pressure?

Who will stand up under pressure?

Iancave, watching the seniors game on the weekend that doesnt really such a hard thing to do. Still, thats a lot of players.

Is that trying to make an excuse for their loss on the weekend?

Iancave, watching the seniors game on the weekend that doesnt really such a hard thing to do. Still, thats a lot of players.

Is that trying to make an excuse for their loss on the weekend?

im confused, are you trying to say its easy to break into a side that sits 12-3 and on top of the ladder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back