Vafa U/19 (3) - 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to confuse you, I got confused myself. I was thinking of Old Melbournians, who OEG played in the senior match. Besides OEG U/19 have a few players that have played seniors who are sitting 13-1 in B Grade.

Sorry to confuse you, I got confused myself. I was thinking of Old Melbournians, who OEG played in the senior match. Besides OEG U/19 have a few players that have played seniors who are sitting 13-1 in B Grade.

Not being a smartarse, just genuinely interested in some names of players from OEG U/19 that have played with the seniors? Enlighten me DirtyLaundry......

Not being a smartarse, just genuinely interested in some names of players from OEG U/19 that have played with the seniors? Enlighten me DirtyLaundry......
Wilson, Williams, Tootle, Bell, Jones to name a few playing senior games. Others were asked to play various games but declined so they could play with their mates.

to be honest guys i reckon just about every team has U/19s stepping up and playing senior football. from the higher teams they c just how good they players are n play them in the 1s, for the lower teams they play them in the 1s to give em a taste of next year (or the year after)... its almost like the injury excuse.. every1 has injuries, all that should matter the how many W's each team has at the end of the year, cos at the end of the day each team places 18 men on the feild with most teams feilding a fulll bench..

its great younger guys get given a go, ive played a few senior games this year and played mostly senior footy last year but decided to play with my mates this year... i do wish all the blokes stepping up luck!

Whitey, its getting to be that time of the week my son. Pls don't keep ur public waiting....

Whitey, its getting to be that time of the week my son. Pls don't keep ur public waiting....

MEGA's likin you more and more each day ralph! MEGA couldnt agree more, Whitey dont let JA's comments get to u, stay loyal to ur fans like MEGA and ralph. i look fwd to whites winners every week so keep them comin.

perfect player... i agree its like using the injury excuse, i can say we would prob have fielded a team last week if we had our seniour guys in but that wasnt the case and we cant use it as an excuse. i would like to pose a question to the forum thou. if u19 players wernt allowed to play seniours so all u19 teams were at their best, do you think the ladder possi's would still be the same? or are there some outstandin u19 players playin seniours?

also i would like to add that MEGA's thurs night list at room will be closed for a while after he was thrown out from this particular night spot earlier tonight. who would have thought pikin up TOO MUCH was illegal hey??? also if my girlfriend asks the grass stains on my knees were from a lunch time football match (wink wink).

good luck for the weekend div 3 boys!

Knighta is back with this weeks all important tips!

Trinity v Ormond - Trinity after knocking off Mentone last week will once again put up a strong fight at arguably the best ground in the VAFA. However, with little to play for will the side put in their best efforts? Ormond on the other hand are now looking dangerous after giant killing Ivanhoe last weekend. I'm tipping the Monders to win and continue to prove their a force in this competition. (36pts)

MHSOB v Ivanhoe - The only reason I see this game going ahead is because it's a MHS home game. They couldn't field a team last week against Essendon so I'd doubt they'd want to play Ivanhoe this week! However, at home and looking to keep morale up the team will play, but a flogging they will receive. (100pts+)

Mentone v Oakleigh - "Where art thou Titeleash, Milkman & Fable?" That's the question Shakespeare would have written had he beat around today, and answer is simple! With their finals hopes all but dashed after last week the team has now gone quiet. I don't want to say it but, Knighta told you so! Oakleigh to continue their hot form and win easily down at Keysborough (30pts).

Bulleen v Bentleigh - probably the most exciting and even match of the round which should see a close result. I think Bulleen might get the chocolates at home on the sandpit as Bentleigh seem injury riddled at the moment. Lastly, can someone please return Monaco to the goalsquare, far too good to be playing behind the ball across half-back each week. (15pts)

Essendon - Bye (Will be looking to use the break to freshen up and gain additional fitness before finals)

Finally, congradulations to Benson and Jones from OE how are making their senior debuts this weekend in the all important 1 v 2 match against St Bedes.

Tell'em Knighta sent you!

Finally, congradulations to Benson and Jones from OE how are making their senior debuts this weekend in the all important 1 v 2 match against St Bedes.

Tell'em Knighta sent you!

Looking forward to seeing this battle knighta!

Keen to see how Jones goes against probably close to the best u19 playing in the VAFA Brendan Neville.

I am guessing at some stage throughout the game, the two may line up on each other!

perfect player... i agree its like using the injury excuse, i can say we would prob have fielded a team last week if we had our seniour guys in but that wasnt the case and we cant use it as an excuse. i would like to pose a question to the forum thou. if u19 players wernt allowed to play seniours so all u19 teams were at their best, do you think the ladder possi's would still be the same? or are there some outstandin u19 players playin seniours?

good to c u kno where im coming from mega... as for ur question, its hard to say cos unlike some, im not too aware of who plays 1s often and wat not... white would have a good idea but as u said you melb high boys would feild a team at least and a very competitive one at that... i kno bentleigh would be much stronger as would old mentone and old ess by the sounds of it... i think the ladder posisions would be similar but not the same! also another thing to take into account is that grade of the senior teams. ivenhoe may not have had as many seniors players as say bentleigh but bentleighs seniors are D2 compared to ivenhoes A grade 1s... tough question but interesting to look at!

Not making excuses for OT (as I've been accused of all season) coz not matter what I say, they have let themselves down this year. Anyway thats besides the point. If OT did have their senoir playing U19s (Brendan Iezzi, Luke Pacconi, Matt Jesup, Cam McCasker, Jack Osborn, Cam Stockdale) in I definately think things would have turned out much differently, but as the seniors are quite weak this year it means they have had to step up.

Onto the point of the colosal B Grade match Essendon vs St Bede's this weekend, heard a little whisper Neville & the bedes boys will be ruffing up Jones quite a bit during the match. Will be a great game!

And White listen to the blokes and give us the Rnd 16 Review, and give us a comeback to JA's every so queer remarks.

Not making excuses for OT (as I've been accused of all season) coz not matter what I say, they have let themselves down this year. Anyway thats besides the point. If OT did have their senoir playing U19s (Brendan Iezzi, Luke Pacconi, Matt Jesup, Cam McCasker, Jack Osborn, Cam Stockdale) in I definately think things would have turned out much differently, but as the seniors are quite weak this year it means they have had to step up.

Onto the point of the colosal B Grade match Essendon vs St Bede's this weekend, heard a little whisper Neville & the bedes boys will be ruffing up Jones quite a bit during the match. Will be a great game!

And White listen to the blokes and give us the Rnd 16 Review, and give us a comeback to JA's every so queer remarks.

Brendan Iezzi would be right up there for best u19 in the comp aswell, the bloke can play!

Wilson, Williams, Tootle, Bell, Jones to name a few playing senior games. Others were asked to play various games but declined so they could play with their mates.

Mitchell Williams, yet to play a senior game
B. Jones, yet to play a senior game
Tootle, 3 games
Bell, 2 games
H. Wilson, 10 games

compared to:

prowse, 14
thompson, 15
wilton, 11
norton, 11
moon, 14
fairbanks, 15
speers, 2
tickell, 1
kibby, 4
Mitchell, 2

89 senoir games compared to 15.....cant argue with that. OM have had a very good season wen you consider that they've played most weeks without 6 premiership players and school boys coming in and out.
thats not an excuse. thats fact

Mitchell Williams, yet to play a senior game
B. Jones, yet to play a senior game
Tootle, 3 games
Bell, 2 games
H. Wilson, 10 games

compared to:

prowse, 14
thompson, 15
wilton, 11
norton, 11
moon, 14
fairbanks, 15
speers, 2
tickell, 1
kibby, 4
Mitchell, 2

89 senoir games compared to 15.....cant argue with that. OM have had a very good season wen you consider that they've played most weeks without 6 premiership players and school boys coming in and out.
thats not an excuse. thats fact
Mate I couldn't give a stuff how many games OM's 19s have played in their seniors. The question was asked who has played senior footy out of the OEG u/19s and I was simply answering that question. I wasn't trying to compare, especially with a team who's seniors are in div D1. Incidentally, Jones and Benson both playing 1s this week, Williams played all last year and has been injured most of this year, Bell has played the last 2 and would've played this week were he not going away on holiday, and of the games that Wilson has been available he has played all but 1 in the seniors. You're trying to find excuses, i was answering a question....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting topic but I can really see this getting out of hand.

IMO the ladder would look like this if teams had their senior players and less injuries:

Ivanhoe
Old Trinity
Ormond
Old Mentonians

Old Essendon
Oakleigh
Bentleigh
Bulleen
Melbourne High
La Trobe

just listen to the fans JA, listen to the fans....
like a bull at a gate, White's Winners has taken off and can not be stopped, despite your futile attempts to bad mouth me in in your weekly column in the vafa record. anyway lets get to what we have all been waititng for....

OT v Orm: Ormond should account for the Ts this week, despite Trinity pulling of an impressive win last week. the 'Monders will be too hard to stop in the lead up to the finals, especially after knocking of the league leaders in OI.

MHSOB v OI: Would hope for OI's sake that MH can field a team this week, as i can imagine there would be nothing worse than rocking up to an away match to find out theres not one on. Even if they do rock up, they will be little more than witches hats, as OI will be at full strength after they had a reality check last week.

OM v Oak: the Krushers to punish Titeleash and co. this week, with Edwards and Paola to run riot against a short defence. 10+ goals between them!

BT v Bent: assuming Bent are still depleted due to injury, this game should be taken out by the home team with out too much of a problem. Full strenght however, i think bentleigh would bring home the bickies. Neither team has much to play for, but should still be a very physical contest.

Interesting topic but I can really see this getting out of hand.

IMO the ladder would look like this if teams had their senior players and less injuries:

Ivanhoe
Old Trinity
Ormond
Old Mentonians

very interesting lfk, im sure a few a few ppl on here would have plenty to say, i can't agree or disagree as im not sure of the calibre of the players playing seniors, however i agree with you saying it could get out of hand, so lets leave it at that... this is nothing more than a hyperthetical, and therefor has little or no relevance....

Mate I couldn't give a stuff how many games OM's 19s have played in their seniors. The question was asked who has played senior footy out of the OEG u/19s and I was simply answering that question. I wasn't trying to compare, especially with a team who's seniors are in div D1. Incidentally, Jones and Benson both playing 1s this week, Williams played all last year and has been injured most of this year, Bell has played the last 2 and would've played this week were he not going away on holiday, and of the games that Wilson has been available he has played all but 1 in the seniors. You're trying to find excuses, i was answering a question....

well then perhaps next time when your 'simply answering a question' you could answer it truthfully. because to say 'to name a few' implies that you've had many others play aswell when in fact 2 of the 5 you named havent even played at all....
dont ark up just because someone pulled you up on your big noting...

well then perhaps next time when your 'simply answering a question' you could answer it truthfully. because to say 'to name a few' implies that you've had many others play aswell when in fact 2 of the 5 you named havent even played at all....
dont ark up just because someone pulled you up on your big noting...
Dont know how many times I have to say it but read a persons post before you reply sport. What I said was "to name a few playing senior games", knowing that Jones was "playing" this week and Williams was also "playing" this week until one of the senior blokes come good for the game instead. It had nothing to do with big noting anyone u oxygen thief (unlike your post), I was merely answering LJ's question. Now please let it go champ, like all the other boys have said, its over...

Sick of killing it week in week out so thanks to bulleen temp i have decided to concentrate full time on my xbox skills to prepare myself for Halo 3 and leave my beloved football behind...

haha s******...

rardo, why the change from ping pong to xbox? hand-eye co-ordination not ur thing?

quick result boyz.

BT vs Bentleigh match abandoned half way through the 2nd quarter after all in brawl .
BT up 7.4 to 0.4 before game finished..any other results?

Great win to OM against the highly fancied Oakleigh today. OM, who considered forfeiting the game due to lack of fit available players, lead all day.
If Oakleigh are meant to be a genuine top four side then its an indictment on the competition....they are puss. especially they're ruckman, #24, who thinks he gods gift but instead is soft and talentless

Great win to OM against the highly fancied Oakleigh today. OM, who considered forfeiting the game due to lack of fit available players, lead all day.
If Oakleigh are meant to be a genuine top four side then its an indictment on the competition....they are puss. especially they're ruckman, #24, who thinks he gods gift but instead is soft and talentless

good win by you boys titeleash... unfortunatly #24.. josh paola.. no matter how much u dont like him or how much he thinks hes good gift... to call him tallentless is ridiculous, i have watched this kid play n is a talented football player. dont let your views of ppl get in the way of jusging their football abilities mate... he has been mentioned b4 in these fourums as a key player in the comp...

with that said well done to mentone boys showing that if they had a full sqaud the damage they could do with a full side.. and to kno they were gna forfeit...

bentleigh and BT was called off with players spectaters (BT cos benteligh had none there for the trip) and coaching staff getting involed...

Game was called off due to an out of hand mellee. Only officials were involved only an interchange steward caught in the middle of it and a few trainers no spectators were involved however.

From what I saw the melee was started by Bentleigh. However BT taking the fight out on points.

A shame to see BT robbed of 4 points.

So a note to other clubs if ur in need of a draw rather than a loss and game looks over before half time, stack a blue on.

Bentleigh also under a suspended sentance at the moment, so tuesday nights hearing could be very interesting.

NEWS FLASH - PANTHERS KRUSH THE PATHETIC KRUSHERS...
just a pack of thugs who were too busy tryin to hit the panthers than to go for the ball...a joke if they make it to the GF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back