Vafa U/19 (3) - 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

official: latrobe 19's have folded....lack of numbers and commitment the resulting factor. Bit disappointing as the team had some potential when it had a half decent team in. ie. beating a full strength bentleigh only 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Very sad to hear it's hard with uni holidays to field a team but thought when you guys got back you would be a decent team... :thumbsdown:, bad luck cats fan I know you play for them must be annoying for someone who is obviously dedicated to the team as you boys had a few good players obviously though it's hard when there is only a core of 5 committed players...
Hearing you had beaten a full strength Bentleigh was suprising although taking a look back at the team sheets... Bentleigh had a very different team to what I saw on the weekend... I'm guessing were undermanned going by the numbers, and the best players I saw on the weekend definately didn't look to be playing in the game....
It doesn't matter back to the point it's sad to see a team fold especially one that finished 6th last year and very competitive...highlighted by smashing Old Mentonians by 100 points in round 2

official: latrobe 19's have folded....lack of numbers and commitment the resulting factor. Bit disappointing as the team had some potential when it had a half decent team in. ie. beating a full strength bentleigh only 2 or 3 weeks ago.
Cats Fan, not good to hear the news regarding la trobe. Never good when a team has to fold, Essendon have been in that position a few times over the last 5 years.

However, in all seriousness, if anyone from la trobe would like to play for Essendon please send me a private message and i shall endeavour to get them across to our club. la trobe did have a few good players the day we played them, especially your FF!

That is sad news Cats fan. Think when OE played you the writing may have been on the wall. To have such low numbers when the semester was still going (exams maybe??) suggested come holidays you guys might struggle. Shame for those that have been playing and put in the hard yards. Wish you guys all the best.

Getting uncomfirmed reports from OE that the ink may still be drying on the registration form of one Matt Long (may have been stiff not to get drafted). Can this be confirmed.

That is sad news Cats fan. Think when OE played you the writing may have been on the wall. To have such low numbers when the semester was still going (exams maybe??) suggested come holidays you guys might struggle. Shame for those that have been playing and put in the hard yards. Wish you guys all the best.

Getting uncomfirmed reports from OE that the ink may still be drying on the registration form of one Matt Long (may have been stiff not to get drafted). Can this be confirmed.

Can you still register/transfer players after June 30?

TBP,
Reports out of Keilor Hill are that their cocktail night went off without a hitch last satdy, a good night had by all. Also, the other thing to come of the night was that young Jesse "the reptile" Saunders proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is definitely the heir to sean towner's crown of "bggest reptile on the drink in the vafa"? Very funny stuff...

Trinity vs Oakleigh

Can not stress how big this game is in determining the make up of the finals. Without a doubt a 8 point game. If Trinity lose this they will find it very tough to make the finals, and Oakleigh should cement. If Trinity win they are very much in the hunt, with 1's players to come down.

At the moment im still saying Ormond are slipping under the radar. They have alot of players in and out the 1's, and there 1's will not make finals, players such as Rodwell can make a big difference in finals football. On the topic, what are peoples thoughts on Rodwell, is he as good as people say e.g. number 1 in the comp according to Johnny Aikten...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry to hear about the fold on behalf of the OTG Football Club. Thought La Trobe were quite good when we played them, scoreline certainly didn't show the excellent contest.
But to second on Knighta, OT are also looking for a bit more depth so if you fancy a trip up Plenty road to the lucious green grounds of Bulleen then we'd be more than happy to take on any recruits. Go to the OT website for more information & contact details if you're keen (www.oldtrinityfc.com.au)

I've heard a similar rumour from my OE sources who say Matt Long has signed on with the baby bombers and will make his debut in a couple of weeks.

My understanding is that 19s have until 1 Aug to register for this season.

Apparently Long put down his prevous clubs as 1. TAC Cup 2. Calder Cannons!

In addition, I hear schoolboy Scott Drysdale is to make his debut this week for OE. Apparently the club weren't happy with only 1 6'4+ ruckman, and thought Benson needed some help in sharing the workload...

Does anybody have an idea what will happen with relegation now Latrobe has folded.

Does this mean if say MHSOB finish bottom they will not get relegated?

And if Latrobe start up again next year will they have to start in U/19s North/South?

Now Latrobe has folded as a circumstance a bye has come about. Occured at the right time of year as well (every team has one week off). This should be good for all teams as i sense players are becoming a little fatigued. Especially without the Queens Birthday w/e off.

MEGA, where art thou?

are you stil recovering from some special function at room one thursday??

i can confidently speak on behalf of everyone and say that your absence is being sorely missed on this thread, and subsequently i have noticed a significant reduction in posts...

just like down at MHSOB, you are the driving force of this thread, and we need you back!

also WHITEgoodman Sr. (the father of yours truely) informed me that the coach of the u19 rep team ventured down bentleigh way on the weekend and was asking after one D. BENSON (the superstar ruckman from OE, for those of you who don't know).

this shouldn't really come as any suprise to any one as benson is clearly 'the' ruckman of the competion, however i do feel that his recognition from those above has taken far too long!!

also WHITEgoodman Sr. (the father of yours truely) informed me that the coach of the u19 rep team ventured down bentleigh way on the weekend and was asking after one D. BENSON (the superstar ruckman from OE, for those of you who don't know).

this shouldn't really come as any suprise to any one as benson is clearly 'the' ruckman of the competion, however i do feel that his recognition from those above has taken far too long!!

With any luck... was he invited to training last nite??

Or 3) did not star enough throughout the game to get a look in... was quite average on the weekend... won nearly every hitout but terrible around the ground... maybe 1 kick 1 goal...

I saw him a few games and has played far better than last week I guess he just had one of those weeks...

I would say it's a combination of all 3!

He didn't play his best game last weekend but is clearly good enough for the team. Having said that I think if asked he'd probably decline the offer. I mean he's only been to 3 OEG training sessions this season. Also, he'd most likely turn upto the VIC game with no shoes and maccas for lunch, which I'm assuming would go down well with the selectors.

However, he backs it all up on the field and that's why he's loved so much by the U19 OE coaching staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back