Vale Grand Uncle Horace, a great man

Remove this Banner Ad

RIP, Horrie. Funny guy who embraced his age beautifully

As Bloodied52, he once thought I was calling him a pedo, because of a Rock lobster reference.

**** I've come back to this forum at the absolute worst time :(

Devastating news, this one has really hit hard for me personally. GUH and I have had so many chats in private just about general life and our love for the Wonders really connected us. I remember when he initially told me about his condition how shocked and concerned I was and even tho we knew this day would come, it's still shit having to come on here and see the news.

RIP my friend, thinking of you and your family today :heart:

**** I've come back to this forum at the absolute worst time :(

Devastating news, this one has really hit hard for me personally. GUH and I have had so many chats in private just about general life and our love for the Wonders really connected us. I remember when he initially told me about his condition how shocked and concerned I was and even tho we knew this day would come, it's still shit having to come on here and see the news.

RIP my friend, thinking of you and your family today :heart:
I think he got a lot out of this site, the SFA and Swans board particularly gave him an outlet to exercise his wits and make lots of friends and a few enemies…which he equally enjoyed and poked.
If you were a part of that happiness for him be proud you were a good friend and gave someone mateship when they needed it :)

Damn, this is really upsetting to hear.

I haven't spent much time here for a while, but he was always a passionate individual who gave as good as he got. He knew how to stir the pot, especially against the Warriors but, it was always in good spirits, much like he was on here despite his health battle.

R.I.P Horry.

Some posters are here to entertain themselves and to have a good time, but it seemed GUH was here to ensure we all had a good time.

We were certainly not the closest, but I always enjoyed when it was a match week with GUH.

Sending my wishes to all family and friends of GUH.

You were loved and treasured Horrie.

I do wish I had the opportunity to tell you how much I enjoyed our banter and **** fights on the Bay, always good natured and fun, never malicious.

You were a crank, but our crank and your passing is a massive loss for the entire Big Footy Community.

May I suggest some kind of SFA award named after Grand Uncle Horace in his memory ?

Still in a state of disbelief and shock he is gone (wasn't aware his health wasn't that great recently)

Thanks for all the memories and laughs GUH X :sydney:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just finished the second season Of The Alfred Hitchcock Hour on DVD (Treated myself to the entire box set a few weeks ago, brilliant investment)

Watching his brilliant intros and interludes to his episodes, it struck me that Hitchcock had a very similar sense of humour and wackiness to Grand Uncle Horace

I would like to think Horrie wouldn't mind being compared to the legendary Hitchcock !

Once the shock and sadness of GUH's passing eases over time, we will look back with a smile and very happy and warm memories over his Big Footy presence and posts, and just what a wonderful and unique person and poster he was to our online community and family.

I am very happy and delighted he to experience the joy and thrill of a couple of Bloods/South/Swans premierships.

Sorry for rambling again, just feeling emotional about his passing..

Missing you heaps already my favourite online Uncle x

Rest easy gilfy 🫶🏼

Funniest poster to banter with and was always up for a chat.

SFA won’t be the same without you ☹️

I hope they still deliver meals on wheels in heaven 😛

Horrie was a crack up with his dry wit and ability to turn a phrase,
was a top shelf poster and will be sadly missed

I loved when he played fact or crap and bottomed out, he had no problems laughing at himself, a true gentleman and straight up guy

I listened to this yesterday Turbo. I don't recall listening the first time (shame on me!) but thoroughly enjoyed it. Horrie extremely witty and got straight into character and the lore of the SFA! Also laughed so hard at his epic fail in the Fact or Crap segment LOL. I reckon he had a ball on that podcast :)

Rest easy Uncle Horrie..
A great adversary to banter with, and a genuine lovely fella in rl.

No one is actually gone until the ripples they cause in the world die away.. and you will be remembered here for a long, long time.

I’ll miss you silly old fool. The really sad thing about writing something like this and seeing other things like this written is knowing that you unable to read it. :-(
Thankfully he got to read all the messages in the first half of this thread after the initial false alarm. 👍

Just finished the second season Of The Alfred Hitchcock Hour on DVD (Treated myself to the entire box set a few weeks ago, brilliant investment)

Watching his brilliant intros and interludes to his episodes, it struck me that Hitchcock had a very similar sense of humour and wackiness to Grand Uncle Horace

I would like to think Horrie wouldn't mind being compared to the legendary Hitchcock !

Once the shock and sadness of GUH's passing eases over time, we will look back with a smile and very happy and warm memories over his Big Footy presence and posts, and just what a wonderful and unique person and poster he was to our online community and family.

I am very happy and delighted he to experience the joy and thrill of a couple of Bloods/South/Swans premierships.

Sorry for rambling again, just feeling emotional about his passing..

Missing you heaps already my favourite online Uncle x

Love that show. Been watching it over the last few months and up to half way through season 5.

Hitchcock definitely has an extremely dry sense of humour in it, haha.

Remove this Banner Ad

Vale Grand Uncle Horace, a great man

Remove this Banner Ad

Back