News Vale John McCarthy 1989 - 2012 (sad 2nd anniversary)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sad day as he was so young and much to offer. Was an emergency in the 2010 team. Had so much potential .. too young. . I hope the pies can do it for him this week and beyond and his mates at port who wouldve witnessed the event.
RIP - JM.

So shocked to hear about any death but when it's someone you feel you know (exPie) it makes it all the more gut wrenching. Boys will feel pretty gutted too cause he still has a lot of mates at CFC. RIP mate

To be honest, this will send bigger shockwaves through Collingwood than Port - he's been there 5 minutes.
I don't think clubs should be saying who is suffering a bigger loss.

It's crap for his family and all the players and people he's influenced!

Very sad. He seemed like a great guy and while it didn't work out at Collingwood, he was certainly becoming a good player at Port. Condolences to his family and friends.

Sincere condolences to family, friends, current and past players and those that new him well. My god it's at times like this that it brings life into perspective.

Go home tonight and tell you're family and friends how much you love them.

RIP JMac :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think clubs should be saying who is suffering a bigger loss.

It's crap for his family and all the players and people he's influenced!

Totally agree, it wasn't my intention to get into a pissing contest.

No doubt hs junior teammates throughout the league, in addition to current teammates and Pies players.

Not to mention his talented young musician girlfriend.

Just shocking news.

Awfully sad news, the bloke was playing some damn good footy with Port, too. All well wishes go out to his family and his clubs (both previous and current).

Can we follow the protocol of others and maybe delete references to the person's name until confirmed all family have been advised? That or put this one on ice until then.

We can give condolences later on when all is confirmed.

RIP john, condolences to family and friends, a loss to the PAFC and also the magpie family, our hearts go out to those who mourn

Shocking news :-( I went to alot of VFL a few years back when John was playing. Always played well and gave his 100% every week. Unfortuntely it didn't work out for him and he was starting to blossom at Port. Condolences to Johns family and friends. Hopefully the boys can get a win for him this week.

Then should we Close this Thread until Confirmed?

I think so, don't know if mods can hide it.

There will be a chance to give condolences and while I realise some people on twitter keep mentioning the name, most media is not running with the name out of respect for the family and friends. Won't stop everything, but at least we'd be doing our bit.

No ill feelings toward UI at all by the way for opening thread, just a suggestion after some consideration of the issue.

There are no words at a time like this that can convey just how much of a tragedy this is

Even thought he is an ex-player he would still have a lot of close contacts still at your club. My deepest sympathies go out to to the club from it's players, staff and supporters and to members of the family as well for their loss

RIP

Remove this Banner Ad

News Vale John McCarthy 1989 - 2012 (sad 2nd anniversary)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back