Vale - The Power Outage That Was China.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Very rarely do we get to live through something as funny, sad, cringe and embarrassing as when Port Powa decided they were going move to China.
The China era had it all, and in classic Powa form.
I mean, only Port Powa could manage to only draw a crowd of 10,000 in a city with a population of over 26 million, and free tickets.

Only Port Powa could invite Gold Coast to play their, and then discover that GCs colours were the Chinese national colours, and then demand that GC change uniforms.

What's your favourite China memory?

I know where this Fred is going

images

Can't really remember it but I assume that Kane Cornes would have bullied the chinese and spoke a lot of shite.
He speaks enough shit already, without bullying the Chinese.

Plus bringing 300 million people out of poverty in the last 20 years.

I have a mate from Hong Kong who tells me his once amazing and beautiful country has totally gone to the crapper since it reverted back from British to Chinese control.

Btw I have really liked and enjoyed most of the company of Chinese Aussies I have met and worked with.

Their country has been run and ruled by a dictatorship for generations, and it's no wonder so many people from there want to migrate to our country and others, where we respect basic human rights and dignity of everyone.

I know I have politically ragged on Straya previously, but really am blessed and thankful to live in the best and most lovable country in the world. No other place I would rather call home (well maybe aside from Boston, MA :) )

I have a mate from Hong Kong who tells me his once amazing and beautiful country has totally gone to the crapper since it reverted back from British to Chinese control.

Btw I have really liked and enjoyed most of the company of Chinese Aussies I have met and worked with.

Their country has been run and ruled by a dictatorship for generations, and it's no wonder so many people from there want to migrate to our country and others, where we respect basic human rights and dignity of everyone.

I know I have politically ragged on Straya previously, but really am blessed and thankful to live in the best and most lovable country in the world. No other place I would rather call home (well maybe aside from Boston, MA :) )
If you hate China you must really hate North Korea.

If you hate China you must really hate North Korea.

I don't like the Chinese Government/and it's genocidal regime.
I am indifferent to North Korea, but as far as I am concerned they are not genocidal maniacs/organ harvesting monsters etc

You mean well and a good lad at heart, but you are often a bit naive/ignorant when it comes to serious political matters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't like the Chinese Government/and it's genocidal regime.
I am indifferent to North Korea, but as far as I am concerned they are not genocidal maniacs/organ harvesting monsters etc

You mean well and a good lad at heart, but you are often a bit naive/ignorant when it comes to serious political matters.
I think Istael's genocide is a lot worse than that.

I think Istael's genocide is a lot worse than that.

On a numbers scale yes, but the Chinese crimes (not just against Muslims but also Black People/African Migrants) need to be raised.

China is not the left wing/communist paradise many seem to think it is, the very opposite in fact.

On a numbers scale yes, but the Chinese crimes (not just against Muslims but also Black People/African Migrants) need to be raised.

China is not the left wing/communist paradise many seem to think it is, the very opposite in fact.
I think you're exaggerating a bit. Had a friend who lived in China for 15 years, there's a lot of Nigerians there.
It's a massive country as well. I think you're buying into the right wing narrative a bit too much.
All of a sudden everyone cares about Tawian and not the rest of the world.

Can everyone please direct their ire and distain to Port Powa and their China experiment?
This thread isn't about Gaza, Ukraine, or Trump.
Now North Korea is OK, because after the China disaster, Port Powa may try and make Pyongyang their second home.

I think you're exaggerating a bit. Had a friend who lived in China for 15 years, there's a lot of Nigerians there.
It's a massive country as well. I think you're buying into the right wing narrative a bit too much.
All of a sudden everyone cares about Tawian and not the rest of the world.
I think you should move to North Korea, you'd be happy, we'd be happy, win win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Vale - The Power Outage That Was China.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back