Vale - The Power Outage That Was China.

Remove this Banner Ad

profound read all, thanks

Nothing but intelligent discussion on The Bay.

Shall we all move on from geopolitics and segue into how the Copenhagen Interpretation of quantum mechanics impacts upon theories of consciousness?

Very rarely do we get to live through something as funny, sad, cringe and embarrassing as when Port Powa decided they were going move to China.
The China era had it all, and in classic Powa form.
I mean, only Port Powa could manage to only draw a crowd of 10,000 in a city with a population of over 26 million, and free tickets.

Only Port Powa could invite Gold Coast to play their, and then discover that GCs colours were the Chinese national colours, and then demand that GC change uniforms.

What's your favourite China memory?
How about the Crows sad copy-cat attempt?

Oooooh, or their failed eSports attempt? :$

keep your minnow squabbles to your “showdown” thank you

What's your favourite China memory?

Long way from a favorite but I was at the 2010 exhibition match between the Dreamons and the Lyins which they claimed 7k attended but was maybe half that.

Was very much a game of two halves. LOLions dominated the first half and in the second half they ran out of beer

Not to mention all their NIKE sweatshops and slave labour etc.

lol blaming China for being exploited by billion dollar American companies

Plus bringing 300 million people out of poverty in the last 20 years.

And sending many of them for ‘political reeducation’ in forced labour camps, amongst other things

Don’t make the naïve mistake of thinking it’s anything like a democracy or capitalist just because some people are getting rich

I am indifferent to North Korea, but as far as I am concerned they are not genocidal maniacs/organ harvesting monsters etc

Except they are 🤷‍♂️ starved their population, Mao style

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh please, neither of those two come close to the China days.
The Powa board was full of Pro CCP posters, talk of about how Powa was going to reap millions from some dodgy Chinese land developer.
The only thing Powa and it's supporters got from China was some Covid 19 infections.

Many, many organizations have been guilty of the same wrong thinking re: there are a billion+ people there, we just need to get even a tiny market share and we’ll be rich!

And a lot of companies completely screwed up their joint ventures eg Ford who sent Americans over to negotiate a deal with zero idea about Chinese/asian culture

VW did a good job but the winners were few and far between overall

Oh please, neither of those two come close to the China days.
The Powa board was full of Pro CCP posters, talk of about how Powa was going to reap millions from some dodgy Chinese land developer.
The only thing Powa and it's supporters got from China was some Covid 19 infections.
Ummmm no, like everyone on the planet the mission is to extract money from China, we're still doing that through MG and Shanghai Cred.

You make it sound like everyone on the board was like the Crows board backing Taylah for calling a guy a black campaigner

Many, many organizations have been guilty of the same wrong thinking re: there are a billion+ people there, we just need to get even a tiny market share and we’ll be rich!

And a lot of companies completely screwed up their joint ventures eg Ford who sent Americans over to negotiate a deal with zero idea about Chinese/asian culture

VW did a good job but the winners were few and far between overall

Volkswagen was founded by Adolf Hitler lol

So was Carlton 🤷‍♂️

We were founded before Hitler was born dumbass.

Mind you, many KKKollingwood supporters probably support The Furher and his pathetic White Supremacist/Third Reich dream (Dane Swan is a closed Hitz fan for sure)

No, really?

But I’m talking about Hitler Sr.

No, I am just saying Collingwood FC and it's support base are far more likely to be supporters of Hitler than Blues.

The inner Melbourne suburb of Carlton housed many European Immigrants fleeing the terrors and genocidal evil of Nazi Germany in the 1920s and 30s, hence why Carlton has such a big Jewish fanbase.

Pretty insensitive and ignorant of you to suggest the Carlton footy club was founded by Hitler, even in jest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Vale - The Power Outage That Was China.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back