Roast Vent Here

Remove this Banner Ad

The media overrates Ryan drastically, at his best he's elite, but he doesn't consistently get to that level to warrant that praise.

He is elite when he doesn't have to defend. When he can just float around and intercept mark he is great.

This whole season up until the last 3 weeks has wallpapered over the cracks of our list. Everyone saying we should be top 4. I don’t even think we are top 8 yet. Our depth is shite. Top 4 teams can win without KP players. Port didn’t have Marshall or Georgieades and still won. We are 3-4 A graders and 3 or 4 B grade depth players away from contending
Wrong. There is enough talent available to have beaten Essendon or Geelong at home. Winning both of those (with the other absurd losses over the year) and we make the 8, if not top four.

We are good enough to play finals, we have a timid man at the helm who has never achieved anything notable in his footy life. Replace him with someone shrewd, with guts, who knows what it takes to win.

This is poo!!

Even if we pull off a miracle and beat Port, we can still miss the 8, if Calton or Bulldogs win.

This sucks balls!!

Wasted season, when we saw so much promise

Wrong. There is enough talent available to have beaten Essendon or Geelong at home. Winning both of those (with the other absurd losses over the year) and we make the 8, if not top four.

We are good enough to play finals, we have a timid man at the helm who has never achieved anything notable in his footy life. Replace him with someone shrewd, with guts, who knows what it takes to win.
Kingsley would be perfect for this group.

Thought that would be, "if Carlton AND the Bulldogs win". Can't keep up with it all.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

We need to beat Port and we need one of Hawks, Bulldogs, Blues to lose. There is a decent chance of the latter happening as Bulldogs play GWS. Blues and Hawks you expect to win against Saints and Kangaroos respectively and finals on the line.

As for our chances of beating Port…honestly who the **** knows.

1723970710909.png

What about our so called A/B graders like Cox and Ryan and Darcy? They are shit and don’t take football seriously. Have a look at their body shapes and then have a look at the body shapes of similar players in the top echelon of clubs. They don’t care. They don’t care about the club, the members, other players and they certainly don’t care about playing finals as it is too much extra work for them. Funny how they all came out of the same draft too.
Come on mate

Understand we are all a bit pissed but saying those guys are shit is a stretch .

I’m pissed at the season but I never expected us to get much higher than about 6th anyway and that was before the injuries

Yesterday answered the question to the glass half empty crowd on what our depth is like , actually, not that bad .
We got within a kick of a top 4 gifted side who were flag favourite earlier this year . WITHOUT OUR SPINE !

Use any team for comparison but let’s use Carlton as an example and take Weitering , DeKoning , Curnow out and put them up against a stacked GWS , don’t think they’d do much better

Don’t jump off yet mate

Next year if we miss the 8 I’ll help you take a load of manure and a can of petrol down to Cockburn and let’s burn the place down , but give JL and the boys one more year 👊

Come on mate

Understand we are all a bit pissed but saying those guys are shit is a stretch .

I’m pissed at the season but I never expected us to get much higher than about 6th anyway and that was before the injuries

Yesterday answered the question to the glass half empty crowd on what our depth is like , actually, not that bad .
We got within a kick of a top gifted side who were flag favourite earlier this year . WITHOUT OUR SPINE !

Use any time for comparison but let’s use Carlton as an example and Weitering , DeKoning , Curnow out and put them up against a stacked GWS , don’t think they’d do much better

Don’t jump off yet mate

Next year if we miss the 8 I’ll help you take a load of manure and a can of petrol down to Cockburn and let’s burn the place down , but give JL and the boys one more year 👊
He’s had 5 years. That’s enough. Hawks have gone past us already

They also have only beaten one top 8 team since the bye. And that was Carlton who were 5 players down and shit.

Have they still gone past us if they get knocked out week 1?
We were top 4 WHEN they beat us so you can make stats look the way you want them too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man this is so bad, 1 brain cell between these 2. Maybe Jacko should’ve blocked or banfield kick the f****** ball. If he’s in the team next week I will lose it
Jackson should’ve blocked. 100%. Banfield should not have been yelled at to handball. No ****ing way. Was a selfish play at that point in the game.

Watch Stephen Hill going down the wing. Players block. Players work for themselves .

They also have only beaten one top 8 team since the bye. And that was Carlton who were 5 players down and shit.

Have they still gone past us if they get knocked out week 1?
And Fremantle ?
Last win was v West Coast.
Couldn’t beat Essendon and hawthorn who were/are outside top 8.

And Fremantle ?
Last win was v West Coast.
Couldn’t beat Essendon and hawthorn who were/are outside top 8.
What's freo got to do with anything? I'm saying hawks are a good chance to get knocked round one because they haven't performed against top 8 teams this season.

We won't make finals because we failed to close out games against top 8 teams. Not relevant to Hawks performance.

Jackson should’ve blocked. 100%. Banfield should not have been yelled at to handball. No ****ing way. Was a selfish play at that point in the game.

Watch Stephen Hill going down the wing. Players block. Players work for themselves .
You can see he looked inboard for split sec but then at last moment decided to hball to Jackson who was streaming past and perhaps called for it.. should of kicked it

What like Melbourne? Where they will probably play
Week 1 looks likely, but they aren't getting much further without winning interstate. Or they could play the Cats who belted them twice this year.

Their form looks great, and I'd tip them against quite a few of the other 7, but until they do it, they haven't done it.

What's freo got to do with anything? I'm saying hawks are a good chance to get knocked round one because they haven't performed against top 8 teams this season.

We won't make finals because we failed to close out games against top 8 teams. Not relevant to Hawks performance.
Mate, they are in the finals we aren’t. They might go all the way irrespective of who they have beaten, they are in the mix.

They have though?
Port got to the last kick with 20 seconds left.
Smash Collingwood at home.
Brisbane.
Smash Carlton.
Loss to GWS by 2 points when up by 26 away. Beat GWS in Tasmania.
Beat Bulldogs.
They have good form.

If you’re complaining Hawthorn having Richmond and North twice well Fremantle have had Richmond twice, West Coast twice, Melbourne twice.

Except we loss to Essendon, West Coast, Bulldogs.

Hawthorn beat Bulldogs both times. Loss to Collingwood by a point then won by 50.

Fremantle haven’t had that hard of a draw tbh.

Lol, they're not shit. Cox had a shocker yesterday but generally he's our most reliable KPD after Pearce, Luke Ryan will probably make AA this year and Darcy is one of the best ruckmen in the league, at least when he's fit (and I acknowledge that doesn't happen often enough).

I repeat, why are we better than pretty much every team for long periods in every game, but struggle at the start of the game, and the last quarter when it's close? Answer that and you'll find out what our problems really are.
Luke Ryan potentially being AA is a bigger travesty than putting inside mids in the forward line and picking no wingers, he’s a stat hunting liability

They have though?
Port got to the last kick with 20 seconds left.
Smash Collingwood at home.
Brisbane.
Smash Carlton.
Loss to GWS by 2 points when up by 26 away. Beat GWS in Tasmania.
Beat Bulldogs.
They have good form.

If you’re complaining Hawthorn having Richmond and North twice well Fremantle have had Richmond twice, West Coast twice, Melbourne twice.

Except we loss to Essendon, West Coast, Bulldogs.

Hawthorn beat Bulldogs both times. Loss to Collingwood by a point then won by 50.

Fremantle haven’t had that hard of a draw tbh.
A lot of this season is determined by when you're playing teams. Most of Hawks wins against top 8 teams have come early in the year when they were out of form. What do you think happense if we play hawks in round 4 instead of round 18 or whenever it was?
  • Port - lost
  • Collingwood - played them during their worst patch all year. had won 2 of their past 7. even north got 50+ points up on them.
  • Brisbane - played them early in the year when they were still shit.
  • Carlton - had lost 5 of their last 6. worst form all year.
  • GWS - worst form all year. lost 4 of their last 5.
  • GWS - lost
  • Bulldogs - won
Not sure where you're getting the idea that they beat dogs twice. Only had to play them once.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Vent Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back