Roast Vent Here

Remove this Banner Ad

All the loonies who were calling for JL to be sacked should hang their heads in shame. I know we had a good win today, but this isn't the reason I'm saying this now.

The bloke is coaching one of the youngest lists in the competition and the initial seven rounds have been the first real speedbump of his senior coaching tenure, yet fans are already calling for his head?? It's insanity. If Clarkson was our coach and was at the peak of his 2013-2015 powers, he'd be having the same issues.

JL deserves credit for the way he's handled 2023 to this point, and (thankfully) it looks like we're coming out of the other end of our rut. Onwards and upwards.

Didn't want to have to do this but WTF is with the timing on the team song? I'm sure they increase tempo towards the end.

Not good enough.
I thought that todau too.

The seemed to rush through it.

When I played and we's sing our team song after a win, it was a good sing along with gusto. Not rush though it as quick as possible......first world problems :)

Was deliberate

Called end of game by umps after the deliberate kick.

We were robbed a shot at goal

Even if Freo kicked a point it would have helped ever so slightly on making finals
We should have never been in that decision in the first place
Painful but deserved to lose
Pathetic display

Slap the players around the head with a wet fish and move on

The season would be alive right now if we didn’t lose to North, at home, by a point.
Still grinds my gears and it’s the game where I #eco. Still watch, still enjoy a win, but no longer letting my emotions get the better of me. I watch, turn off the tv and get on with my day. Not even gonna fully vent now, but FMD that pathetic performance still aggravates me to this day - and probably for the rest of the H&A because that’s as far as we’re going to get.

The team selection is a crock of s**t. Ras and Johnson HAVE to be in the side. They are the future. They need games.
Both were always going to be squeezed out of the side by Fyfe and JOM. You need to shuffle the pieces around to fit them in.

Yes, but this week we need to win or the season is basically over

A cooked Fyfe or one of/if not our best pressure midfielders over the last couple of weeks. I'll take the pressure mid, thanks.

Yes, but this week we need to win or the season is basically over
That's a terrible reason for a lower mid-table side like us right now to not be giving kids games. We're going to lose a lot to teams above us but always be close to the Top 8. That logic would dictate those we need to be getting games into would never get a run this season due to every second game being a "must win to save the season". It's the catch 22 that catches out many, many middling teams and coaches. At some point you either have to pull the trigger and take a few punches now in order to dish back threefold later or fade into mid-table obscurity as holes start opening up when the role players lose that 10% speed/endurance/skill that kept them useful in competitive teams.

Mind you, why is Banfield the one everyone's lining up to sack? Hughes and Aish have been far more inconsistent and performing much more poorly at their roles at the moment.

Then there's the Fyfe elephant in the room with so many questions:

• Can he run out a game?
  • Can he be successful as a Forward?
  • How much impact can he have in limited time in the middle
  • How can he teach the kids the tricks of the trade when he's (in part) keeping them out of the side?

It's been a good couple of weeks but I'm far from sold. We need a good couple of performances in the next couple of weeks before I start believing again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's a terrible reason for a lower mid-table side like us right now to not be giving kids games. We're going to lose a lot to teams above us but always be close to the Top 8. That logic would dictate those we need to be getting games into would never get a run this season due to every second game being a "must win to save the season". It's the catch 22 that catches out many, many middling teams and coaches. At some point you either have to pull the trigger and take a few punches now in order to dish back threefold later or fade into mid-table obscurity as holes start opening up when the role players lose that 10% speed/endurance/skill that kept them useful in competitive teams.

Mind you, why is Banfield the one everyone's lining up to sack? Hughes and Aish have been far more inconsistent and performing much more poorly at their roles at the moment.

Then there's the Fyfe elephant in the room with so many questions:

• Can he run out a game?
  • Can he be successful as a Forward?
  • How much impact can he have in limited time in the middle
  • How can he teach the kids the tricks of the trade when he's (in part) keeping them out of the side?

It's been a good couple of weeks but I'm far from sold. We need a good couple of performances in the next couple of weeks before I start believing again.

I don't agree with everything here, but do agree that Aish should be looked at hard. Noddy was bad but Aish was terrible and has been in poor form the majority of the season.

Banfield deserves to stay in the team. Maybe they don't think Ras can play outside... either way I agree we need to be pumping games into Ras.

I am not as worried about Fyfe. He will need to build a little but I think he takes pressure off our small mids and has an impact at clearance.

Amiss not getting a RS nom yet is ****ing bullshit. He’s kicked 16 goals already and will probably end up with 35 by seasons end but can’t even get a nomination?
If he kicks 40 goals he should be in the running to outright win it, let alone get a nomination. 😡😡😡

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Vent Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back