Roast Vent Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Here because I've realised the quality of podcasts outside of Duffield SEN is atrocious - does anyone here actually rate BackChat? I don't mind swearing but the amount of it among the inane ladzy locker-room dribble is nauseating.
Yeh
I just can’t listen to Hard Ball Gets

The content could be good but it’s almost unlistenable with them talking over each other and trying to be clever

It is shocking when you are at the game live. He gets held 100 metres off the ball, they are desperate to stop his leads.
We were ropable
My wife , usually fairly conservative was absolutely going off at the umpires when they came near us , it was disgraceful.

In saying that , Amiss needs to adapt to it and run his opponent around more
No point just grappling and trying to contest , needs to push up the ground more and move around like Jeremy Cameron

Bolton next year will take some pressure off him 😉

Bolton Amiss Switta
Freddy Treacy Sturt

😋

Last edited:
We were ropable
My wife , usually fairly conservative was absolutely going off at the umpires when they came near us , it was disgraceful.

I’m saying that Amiss needs to adapt to it and run his opponent around more
No point just grappling and trying up contest , needs to push up the ground more and move around like Jeremy Cameron

Bolton next year will take some pressure off him 😉

Bolton Amiss Switta
Freddy Treacy Sturt

😋

He has done better with the physical stuff this season and another preseason should see him a little bigger and more confident again. He needs to get to the place where he laughs at the defender and runs them into the ground. While timing smart, sharp leads.

The club also needs to continue to highlight it and mention it, eventually it will pay off... hopefully in a final. The other thing that will happen when we have Jackson in form and Warner/Bolton, is we will just have too much for the opposition.

LFG!!

Anyone else here slightly annoyed that the guy who should technically be leading the AFL for forward 50 pressure acts and tackles basically doesnt tackle AT ALL. Ive been a HUGE fan of Freddy since before he played his first game for us but he is seriously raising my blood pressure. JT shouldnt be laying more tackles than Freddy. Its infuriating.

Do something about it Longmuir!!

Anyone else here slightly annoyed that the guy who should technically be leading the AFL for forward 50 pressure acts and tackles basically doesnt tackle AT ALL. Ive been a HUGE fan of Freddy since before he played his first game for us but he is seriously raising my blood pressure. JT shouldnt be laying more tackles than Freddy. Its infuriating.

Do something about it Longmuir!!
Needs a real kick in the ass

Did Sturt the world of good , I reckon it’s Freddy’s turn
Has been running on potential for far too long now , he’s better than that

Guys like Brayshaw, Serong and Clark leave it all out there and are inspirational.

The rest of the team needs to strive to get close to that standard

JT shouldnt be laying more tackles than Freddy. Its infuriating.

Is it, but that's just the kind of player that Freddy is unfortunately. I used to complain about his contest work and tackling all the time, at this rate it's never improving, his awareness and reading the opposition's body up close isn't that good. So there's really no point in over-analyzing his weakness now. Especially after a whatever loss.

So many times in 22/23 when he was in the middle of the ground during a transition either way, and he couldn't 50/50 the contest or keep the ball held up as it came in. He's just incapable of that at this point.

Needs a real kick in the ass

Did Sturt the world of good , I reckon it’s Freddy’s turn
Has been running on potential for far too long now , he’s better than that

Guys like Brayshaw, Serong and Clark leave it all out there and are inspirational.

The rest of the team needs to strive to get close to that standard
While I agree that Freddy needs to be dropped, they clearly have their favourites. They didn't drop Johnson when he was playing half assed. Besides we shouldn't be dropping anyone before finals.

This has been our worse week of the year.

Collingwood, Port win.

Fremantle lose.

Treacy Injury, Darcy Injury

Seriously, who mentioned the F word
Flagellation?

In news that will shock nobody, Levi Ashcroft has nominated Brisbane as a [checks notes] father-son selection.

Romance shmomance, I hate this rule with a passion. And yes I hate it because it is inherently biased against my team. I mean it's hog wild that Brisbane will become the ninth team to have received more father-son selections from the one family than we have in 30 years of existence. One club (no prizes for guessing who) have done this four time.

Watching that Zero Hanger video about our beginnings showed that we were shafted when it came to putting together a playing list when we started. This shows that we're still shafted to this day.

F*ck the patriarchy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In news that will shock nobody, Levi Ashcroft has nominated Brisbane as a [checks notes] father-son selection.

Romance shmomance, I hate this rule with a passion. And yes I hate it because it is inherently biased against my team. I mean it's hog wild that Brisbane will become the ninth team to have received more father-son selections from the one family than we have in 30 years of existence. One club (no prizes for guessing who) have done this four time.

Watching that Zero Hanger video about our beginnings showed that we were shafted when it came to putting together a playing list when we started. This shows that we're still shafted to this day.

F*ck the patriarchy.

I will never in my life understand the fans love of the father/son rule. Brisbane have been top 4 for the better part of 5 years and in that time will add in 2 top 3ish picks for basically nothing. The father/son rule is way worse for Fremantle than any travel burden we face. But nobody wants to scrap it just in case it one day works out in their teams favour.

I will never in my life understand the fans love of the father/son rule. Brisbane have been top 4 for the better part of 5 years and in that time will add in 2 top 3ish picks for basically nothing. The father/son rule is way worse for Fremantle than any travel burden we face. But nobody wants to scrap it just in case it one day works out in their teams favour.

I long for the day when the draft is 100% uncompromised even though it's never going to happen.

If it's ever going to be phased it it needs to be those clubs who have had father-son selections (or whose sons have played over a certain amount of games) who lose access first, leaving those who have been done dirty by this rule.

I long for the day when the draft is 100% uncompromised even though it's never going to happen.

100%

No father/son, no academy and no free agent compo. Add in a draft lottery for those outside finals and we have a winner. But the AFL is more likely to go the other way and add in more ways to compromise the draft.

Is it, but that's just the kind of player that Freddy is unfortunately. I used to complain about his contest work and tackling all the time, at this rate it's never improving, his awareness and reading the opposition's body up close isn't that good. So there's really no point in over-analyzing his weakness now. Especially after a whatever loss.

So many times in 22/23 when he was in the middle of the ground during a transition either way, and he couldn't 50/50 the contest or keep the ball held up as it came in. He's just incapable of that at this point.
He is not incapable at 50/50s. Have you seen some of his contested marks? He also doesn't shirk those contests, part of his skillset is to try and keep his feet and get away with the ball which takes away from the commitment to the tackle.
I do agree though that he should be getting more tackles made.

Funny how our season appears to have hinged on a single marking contest in our fwd 50.

That ball gets put to Treacys advantage or far enough away that he can't contest and we likely win that game and have our star key fwd uninjured.

Wonder what we all did wrong to end up in this timeline

We will hear all the usual guff about how great out future is. Blah blah blah.

Geelong will play in more finals series over the next decade than Fremantle will. Bookmark it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Vent Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back